What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

how do you guys price your set, say... at ebay?
do you try to be competitive and try to be the cheapest? or maybe 3rd cheapest or something alone that line?

sometimes, I find that I'd price it at X bucks, and I am on the 10th, but if I price it at like 2 cents lower, all of a sudden I am the cheapest

do you try to be competitive and try to be the cheapest? or maybe 3rd cheapest or something alone that line?

sometimes, I find that I'd price it at X bucks, and I am on the 10th, but if I price it at like 2 cents lower, all of a sudden I am the cheapest

depends on the item, I try to keep my prices within the market and reasonable but I'm mindful I'm not losing money. I'm also big on under cutting people. if I want to be the lowest I'll drop my price by .05 of the lowest price. nothing bugs me more than someone under cutting me by $5+ as the next guy will do the same and then there goes the value

I think of a price I'll be satisfied with sometime in the future.  I'll go ahead and list the item at that price and then leave it until it sells.  Sometimes it's 2 minutes, 2 weeks, and sometimes it's 2 years.

• Like 3

was it sealed? 

Yeah, had it at $270 and it sat there for some time.

I wish I would have bought 10 of them when they were around $100.

Me too, but I was just getting started when I got this, didn't know they were so collectible. Won't make the same mistake with the ship.

Looks like I was able to move my last PotC set as well today, A Whitecap Bay for $85.  Glad that one is gone.

4981 - Chum Bucket along with 9 other sets. I took about 20% less to get them out and clear space.

Happy that my Cafe Corner CL lot now has me in the black.  $90 in my pocket plus a Cool Convertible (4993), Cafe Corner and Batmobile set (7781) to keep and 6 sets to sell later this summer for about 150-200 after fees. 

• Like 2

Sold a POTC 4193 London Escape for $48.99+ shipping to a lady in Canada through Ebay GSP. After all the extra charges she paid $94.04. I have 1 left and 2 Whitecap Bays left. After they're gone I'll dig out the smaller POTC and unload them and be done with the theme. Lesson learned....

i was so happy to sell my 2 units even at a slight loss.   The space it occupied on my shelve was well worth the small loss.  I slid 10220 sets in it's place :)

I was happy to get rid of mine as well.  I sold both of them for $80 each, so I squeaked out a profit, since my buy-in was only $35 each.