What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Just sold a sealed 4867 battle for hogwarts. $144.95 plus $12.95 shipping. One of the five I got for retail from Barnes & Noble when they listed some on their eBay store several months back. Look up the "Harry potter gold from barnes & noble" thread.

Holy moly!

Holy moly!

That's what I said when I saw the notification on my seller dashboard. I listed them high not expecting them to sell right now (because I really don't want to sell them...lol), but put them at a price I would be more than happy to accept. Funny thing is, I sold one last week at the same price but the buyer mistakingly thought it was a 4842, even though my descriptions and photos are clear as day. They just joined eBay and had zero feedback, so I happily refunded and thanked them anyway.

• Like 2

Sold my last two 6866 wolverine choppers today. I started with ten and sold them all in about a months time. I know some people think this one will continue to grow, but I'm glad to be done with them since the new wolverine set is coming out soon. I purchased them all from amazon for $12 and change. Sold them each at $63 shipped. Made about $30-$33 on each, depending on where they were shipped to. Great little set.

Sold all 10 of my 21001 John Hancock sets I got the other day at TRU for $870.00 shipped free. Not bad for a $68.96 investment. I used the EBAY Global Shipping Program. A buyer from Germany with 2000+ feedback bought them all. Should I have anything to worry about? I'd hate to get burned.

• Like 2

Sold all 10 of my 21001 John Hancock sets I got the other day at TRU for $870.00 shipped free. Not bad for a $68.96 investment. I used the EBAY Global Shipping Program. A buyer from Germany with 2000+ feedback bought them all. Should I have anything to worry about? I'd hate to get burned.

There's always something to worry about.  The buyer could open a "not as described" case.  So have fun and be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Well done. I have still 2 left. Should I sell them? Or wait?

Completely up to you. Some people think it may grow some more, but after holding onto my captain America avenging cycles too long, I didn't want to make the same mistake twice. If it grows more and I leave some profit on the table that's ok. I'm happy with the $300+ profit, and am ready to reinvest.

It's official, people have too much money. Someone bought in a single order basic bricks #4628 (bought at $15 at walmart)  and #5749 (bought for $50 shipped on eBay as an exercise in arbitrage).

Total charged for #4628: $50.48

Total charged for #5749: $100.48

Shipping cost to me for entire order: $11.70

Sure, Amazon will charge me a bit more than eBay+paypal, but who would have bought from me on eBay at those prices?

We probably still don't understand something about basic bricks after-EOL behavior... I always thought that 10c per piece is is the ceiling for basic bricks. but #5749 is just 650 pieces... Is there a blog post on BP analyzing basic bricks performance? 

Going, going, gone! Home run Michael Jack Schmidt.

The buyer paid for the MISB 10132 Motorized Hogwarts Express. I love empty space on my older shelving units since it means less bigger boxes stacked on the floor in front of them.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1