What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Thanks folks! So to make it short... Cost price * 1.18 + 5 (national shipping) or + 20 (worldwide shipping) = break-even price I think I got it. I will do my first test case tonight. Do I need to put Auction or BIN?

I prefer BIN as a seller. Shipping estimate is based on a lot of things like size and weight. I don't do international shipping so I am not sure how to figure that in, but maybe look into the ebay GSP? Tiny sets are about 5, medium sets about 10, large sets about 15, and huge heavy sets are 20+.

I prefer BIN as a seller. Shipping estimate is based on a lot of things like size and weight. I don't do international shipping so I am not sure how to figure that in, but maybe look into the ebay GSP? Tiny sets are about 5, medium sets about 10, large sets about 15, and huge heavy sets are 20+.

GSP only works for you lucky US citizens. In Europe we don't have GSP.

@Young_Gun21: On my regional "craigslist" in Europe. @jaisonline: I will try ebay tonight. Just I am a bit hesitant. For me is difficult to determine the asking price on ebay with paypal and shippingcosts which you have to account as well.

I just figure in a flat 15% for costs when figuring out what to charge.  That should cover ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping materials, etc.  Ebay has pretty good filters so you can see what actual sales were on your brand new sealed sets and go from there.

Don't be afraid to start something at .99 cents and let it go the auction route.  I've never had something sell less than I would have priced at buy it now, and you have the chance of inexperienced ebayers bidding it up well past the current going price.

Bricklink's price guide is very good, and I use that for much of my pricing research.  I also try to sell as much as possible on bricklink, as they only charge 3% in fees.

BIN with best offer

Yes.  BIN with best offer.  Of course remember to list your BIN a bit higher then you normally would cause you will likely end up selling it with the best offer feature.  I would also start with smaller items...if something goes sideways it's better to learn on a $12 polybag than one of your Wolverine Choppers.

BIN with best offer

Yes.  BIN with best offer.  Of course remember to list your BIN a bit higher then you normally would cause you will likely end up selling it with the best offer feature.  I would also start with smaller items...if something goes sideways it's better to learn on a $12 polybag than one of your Wolverine Choppers.

Is it bad that I never use "Best Offer", since I find it annoying?

I assume you get a bunch of lowball offers?  Anything legit come from it?

I've used it before, but I usually put a "reject bids below $$$" restriction on it.  I've found that if buyer's are really interested, they'll message me with an offer.  I can then turn on "Best Offer" for them or refund $$$ after purchase.

I've used it before, but I usually put a "reject bids below $$$" restriction on it.  I've found that if buyer's are really interested, they'll message me with an offer.  I can then turn on "Best Offer" for them or refund $$$ after purchase.

I started using it last month after DNIM kept singing it's praises.  That and I was getting tired of all of the messages with offers anyway.  I think it helps when you have someone that wants to buy a lot of items and they enjoy haggling the price down.  I just make sure to bump up the initial price when I'm listing.  Then there are always those surprise buyers that purchase the inflated priced item. :twitch:

• Like 1

I have been using Buy it now, with best offer for a while. a lot of times people try to low ball me, then I have fun messing around with them.

like I listed 8129 set for 300? (I don't remember exactly how much, they there were 3 people low balling me around $100, seriously???

I was gonna counter them with above $300, just for the fun of it. But then ebay doesn't allow that.

so I went like 295, or something like that. Back and forth couple times then I finally declined the offer.

Then finally a Russian guy bought it from me for 300.

It's something fun to 'play' with when I have free time, but i stopped doing that now.

I have been using Buy it now, with best offer for a while. a lot of times people try to low ball me, then I have fun messing around with them.

like I listed 8129 set for 300? (I don't remember exactly how much, they there were 3 people low balling me around $100, seriously???

I was gonna counter them with above $300, just for the fun of it. But then ebay doesn't allow that.

so I went like 295, or something like that. Back and forth couple times then I finally declined the offer.

Then finally a Russian guy bought it from me for 300.

It's something fun to 'play' with when I have free time, but i stopped doing that now.

My favorite experience with best offer was the guy who offered me $17 for a minifigure that I had listed at $15. :ermm:

I was selling the star wars B-wing at ebay, somebody offered me $500 and I jumped and got so excited.

After I calmed down I figure it was too good to be true, it's easy a mistake, or the person will probably retract it.

so I contacted the buyer and surely it was a mistake.

But he/she still offer to buy it from me for 200 plus shipping

I'm guilty of low-balling people on ebay using best offer, as a buyer there really isn't any reason not to.  The seller either counteroffers with the real price that they're willing to sell the item for, or they'll accept your lowball.  I've made offers for some items at 50% off the BIN price that have been accepted, especially if an item has been sitting around for a month with no one buying or watching.  Sometimes people just want to get rid of stuff.

• Like 1

I'm guilty of low-balling people on ebay using best offer, as a buyer there really isn't any reason not to.  The seller either counteroffers with the real price that they're willing to sell the item for, or they'll accept your lowball.  I've made offers for some items at 50% off the BIN price that have been accepted, especially if an item has been sitting around for a month with no one buying or watching.  Sometimes people just want to get rid of stuff.

I had some uptight seller blacklist me for low balling at 50% off :-)  Just set auto-decline, why the attitude..

I had some uptight seller blacklist me for low balling at 50% off :-)  Just set auto-decline, why the attitude..

can't we all get along =)

well, I'd like to have some fun sometimes, i guess it really depends on my mood at the time

or sometimes, even a low balling offer can lead to some win-win situations

can't we all get along =)

well, I'd like to have some fun sometimes, i guess it really depends on my mood at the time

or sometimes, even a low balling offer can lead to some win-win situations

I was referring to the guy who black listed me. If you don't set auto-decline, why would you be offended by low-ball offer to the point of blacklisting low-baller?

Guest betsy805

I have 20 or so left to sell.

I wish I had that many!  I've only got 2 left (started with 6).  Still trying to decide whether to raise the price a little or pull them off and hold till Christmas.  What are you raising price to?