What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Yep basically if you want tracking, you pay twice as much for a parcel. Last time I had a small box that was about $20 to ship and I would have to had added another $20 for tracking. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

SAY WHAT????????????????

I don't understand Canada Post logic/pricing sometimes...after awhile I thought I had an estimate/guideline for shipping costs based on experience shipping various box dimensions and to locations across Canada but sometimes I'm totally shocked.  Guess I need to find another shipper or just chalk it up to dues needed for being a reseller. 

I had to repeat the price on the display to the clerk to double check lol.  I'll pay more for the service/peace of mind but over a certain treshold it's crazy to absorb so much shipping cost especially for a small sale.

I (hardly) sold a bundle galaxy squad 70702 + 70709.

Bought 68 euros (9e + 59e), sold 80 euros personally (15% profit).

It was a newbie mistake investment I made and I'm glad that I didn't lost money in the transaction...

The RRP was 29e + 99e. It seemed to be a good deal... cheap price is cool, and I like this theme, but because it is quite unpopular (my heart bleeds as I'm writing these words), it doesn't worth an investment.

Sold 3 of my Martian Manhunters for $20 each.  I still have 3 left that I'm going to hold onto.  I figured I'd sell half now in case they don't end up doing as well as predicted down the road.

I'm holding onto my 3.  I got them with stuff that I wanted/needed from LEGO Shop at Home.  They are free.  If I make more than they are going for right now, then I've definitely won.  If they tank, I'll still get a couple bucks out of two of them, and I'll keep the 3rd one for myself.  I've been a fan of MM since I started reading comics 30 years ago.

I'm holding onto my 3.  I got them with stuff that I wanted/needed from LEGO Shop at Home.  They are free.  If I make more than they are going for right now, then I've definitely won.  If they tank, I'll still get a couple bucks out of two of them, and I'll keep the 3rd one for myself.  I've been a fan of MM since I started reading comics 30 years ago.

4 of them were "free" since I got them through cancelled orders on shop@home, so I had no problem flipping them now (and keeping one for myself), $60 in my pocket with no effort.  The other 3 were orders that I actually wanted, so I'll sit on those in case they go up.

Good to read all the sales over here... well done guys! I am just wondering what I do wrong. I am trying to sell for over 3 months now but with little luck. What do I do wrong? I only had some luck with selling the Hulks and the Wolverines. Earned 90 euro in total in 3 months. Any tips and advices you guys can give me?

Good to read all the sales over here... well done guys!

I am just wondering what I do wrong. I am trying to sell for over 3 months now but with little luck. What do I do wrong?

I only had some luck with selling the Hulks and the Wolverines. Earned 90 euro in total in 3 months.

Any tips and advices you guys can give me?

are you selling current sets only? if so youll have to wait a couple of years to see any "real" gains as sets go EOL ...

Sold my final 6211 ISD 3 weeks ago (sealed box with 2 broken seal tape) Made a small profit at $215 after fees. Buyer paid postage. Luckily, the buyer agreed to have it shipped without the Lego box so a large flat rate USPS priority shipping box was used.

What stinks is that I had this very same set sold 3 months ago at $285 but the buyer never paid.

are you selling current sets only? if so youll have to wait a couple of years to see any "real" gains as sets go EOL ...

Some of the sets I have for sale:

- 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

- 8096 Emperor Palpatines Shuttle

- 7632 Crawler Crane

- 3368 Space Centre

- 70115 Chima Speedor Tournament

My asking prices are much below the current value on brickpicker. Should I give it a try on ebay?

Guest betsy805

Price of Wolverine must be rising.  Had a couple of mine listed for $60/each, shipping included and had two different sales for them yesterday.  

- 7632 Crawler Crane

- 3368 Space Centre

My asking prices are much below the current value on brickpicker. Should I give it a try on ebay?

You might offering them them too low. Don't just go by the BP guide as that value is usually lower than "market rate" due to eBay auction errors (e.g. Sellers part out sets and list them as complete or list used sets as new). Verify "sold" prices on eBay yourself. Also check out Bricklink's price guides.

- 7632 Crawler Crane

- 3368 Space Centre

Where are you trying to sell, Craigslist?

-I don't always going shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

@Young_Gun21: On my regional "craigslist" in Europe. @jaisonline: I will try ebay tonight. Just I am a bit hesitant. For me is difficult to determine the asking price on ebay with paypal and shippingcosts which you have to account as well.

As far as fees go it is 10% + 2.9% + $0.30. So pretty much 13%.

@Young_Gun21: On my regional "craigslist" in Europe. @jaisonline: I will try ebay tonight. Just I am a bit hesitant. For me is difficult to determine the asking price on ebay with paypal and shippingcosts which you have to account as well.

Local eBay sucks. I tried to sell some polybags on ebay.be a month ago (available to worldwide); listed them for 10 days, had about 30 views and didn't sell them.

Then I listed them on ebay.com (also available to worldwide) and sold them after two days with about 200 views.

My general rule is take cost * 1.18 and add 5/10/15/20 to approximate shipping. This gives you about the break even point on the set. Then figure out how much you want to make and price it accordingly.

(Why 1.18 and not 1.14? If I buy at 100 and do a calc against 1.14 this says the price should be 114 to break even. If I estimate fees at 14% and multiply 114 by .86 it is actually 98. The reason is your actual fees are on the bigger number and they have gone up since the sell price went up. The extra .04 accounts for that difference and adds a little fudge factor.)

Thanks folks!So to make it short...Cost price * 1.18 + 5 (national shipping) or + 20 (worldwide shipping) = break-even priceI think I got it. I will do my first test case tonight.Do I need to put Auction or BIN?

Auction are more risky. I like BIN or Best Offer. Shipping could be more then that depending on size and shipping service. You will figure most of it out pretty quick once you start sell on and have to ship items.