What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

How long were they $24.99 on Target.com? Was it just the one day?  11/26/2013

I don't know, but I missed that. I was stating that I have a quantity of 24 purchased at around $27.

wow did it reach that low? hmm..

i thought it was at $27 forever ... i need to find my stash  :P its hidden in the pile of other cusso's  :P LOL... i will eventually get to it after GALERCO sells his stuff  :P .. at least he is down to 818 from over 1000+

LOL. That will take a little while.

Edited by minicoopers11

Yeah, I know.  I bought more BTTF at $35 near the end when I could have had so many for $27.  Despite a sub-par build nostalgia is really driving the prices up nicely.  I think I have 12-14 in my stash and don't plan to sell until it nears that 3 digit mark like you said trekgate.

This should make you feel better about yourself.  I bought 4 more at $44.99 (minus the $5 coupon so actually 39.99) from TRU when they popped back in stock.  I'm a triple-digit believer so figured that was a good enough price.

I love how everyone is loving the Delorean now.......5 months ago is was like, "man I hope this XXXX set doesn't go Delorean".......no matter what, sets will retire in time and then when they do everyone always wishes they would have bought more.......including myself.

But aren't you a little biased?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 7

I love how everyone is loving the Delorean now.......5 months ago is was like, "man I hope this XXXX set doesn't go Delorean".......no matter what, sets will retire in time and then when they do everyone always wishes they would have bought more.......including myself.

i am totally surprised at how this has performed. it had over 250+ sellers and now still with over 150+ sellers @ amazon with over 10,000s being hoarded, it has almost reached 2X.

NEVER in my dream would i have thought this would reach 2X in 2015. i thought that would happen only in 2016.

I have sold all of my Tumbler and Batwing polys in the last few weeks. Sold them as two packs tumbler/batwing for 14 then 15 then 16 shipped and it seemed like every day I sent one out. Completely out now. Considering what I paid for them that was pretty profitable, I wish I had 100 more of each. So easy to store and so easy to stuff in an envelope and put in the mail box.

On a related note, my piles of SW polys are still worthless for the most part...

Edited by mscheaf
  • Like 2

Chi Temples are finally starting to sell.  Sold 2 for $140.  I'll have to poke around tonight to see if I need to raise my price.  When the final season starts up, I might liquidate the Chima before it's forgotten and the next thing comes along.  I know others here have already got out.

My son told me he wanted this the other day, and I debated buying it from ebay, then I saw the prices and told myself there was no way I was going to pay that much for a Chima set.  I went to my local WalMart for some non-lego stuff and I did the mandatory walk around the lego section and lo and behold there were three Chi Temples on clearance for $60.  I picked up one, but now you have me second guessing my decision to leave the other ones behind.

My son told me he wanted this the other day, and I debated buying it from ebay, then I saw the prices and told myself there was no way I was going to pay that much for a Chima set.  I went to my local WalMart for some non-lego stuff and I did the mandatory walk around the lego section and lo and behold there were three Chi Temples on clearance for $60.  I picked up one, but now you have me second guessing my decision to leave the other ones behind.

That's basically the only winner in the whole theme atm. It has been rising in price despite walmart/TRU putting them on clearance, if I were you I'd buy/flip them or hold until xmas when its hopefully/likely hitting $200

• Like 2

lo and behold there were three Chi Temples on clearance for $60.  I picked up one, but now you have me second guessing my decision to leave the other ones behind.

Yeah you left some money there.  Could have paid for the one you bought and then some.

• Like 2

That's basically the only winner in the whole theme atm. It has been rising in price despite walmart/TRU putting them on clearance, if I were you I'd buy/flip them or hold until xmas when its hopefully/likely hitting $200

Yeah you left some money there.  Could have paid for the one you bought and then some.

Went back and there was one left.  Rookie mistake.   I don't do Chima, so I appreciate all the advice.

I have sold all of my Tumbler and Batwing polys in the last few weeks. Sold them as two packs tumbler/batwing for 14 then 15 then 16 shipped and it seemed like every day I sent one out. Completely out now. Considering what I paid for them that was pretty profitable, I wish I had 100 more of each. So easy to store and so easy to stuff in an envelope and put in the mail box.

On a related note, my piles of SW polys are still worthless for the most part...

Good, I'm listed at $19 maybe they will start to move

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm selling 2x brown horses for $6.88 shipped from pick a brick.

You can fit 14+ in a large container with plenty of filler bricks to keep. Nice way to build up personal brick stash.

Have more pick a bricks full of stairs that are starting to move too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 3

Over the past few days...

79111 constitution train chase for $113 shipped. eBay. Paid $50.

79008 pirate ship ambush x 4 for $91.50 each shipped. Bricklink. Paid $30 each.

6869 quinjet aerial battle x 2 for $88 each shipped. Bricklink. Paid $50 each. Glad these are gone.

I've been trying to unload some of my duds lately. Will help pay the red card bill that should be coming soon for the 55 steam rollers I recently acquired...lol. I'm completely out of Chima, only have 2 ninjago sets left, and now only 2 Lone Ranger sets left (trains). Has anyone else noticed that Lone Ranger seems to be picking up lately, or is it just me? I've sold all of my Comanche camps and silver mines and am down to only the two trains. I've never adjusted my prices either. It always feels good to unload some dead weight and still make some money on it.

• Like 8

Good news and Bad news for me.

Good - Sold my last 21021 Marina Bay Sands on Amazon last week for $700. (Paid $230).

Bad - I shipped with prioirty mail with signature confirmation, but the problem is... this package is lost... And guess what, I didn't buy insurance...

Good - Sold my last 21021 Marina Bay Sands on Amazon last week for $700. (Paid $230).

Bad - I shipped with prioirty mail with signature confirmation, but the problem is... this package is lost... And guess what, I didn't buy insurance...

Not much consolation, but you are insured to $50...

But I wouldn't assume it's lost. I've never lost a package. I have, however, had packages go AWOL for 2-4 months at a time.

Edited by minicoopers11

You can call the local PO where it was last "tracked" and start harassing them. It might show up in system again. Esp if its in transit.

I would call USPS and see how they can help.

You can call the local PO where it was last "tracked" and start harassing them. It might show up in system again. Esp if its in transit.

I would call USPS and see how they can help.

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back. I shipped a bunch of sets to a buyer in a Hewlett Packard box since it was a nice and solid box. I used a black permanent marker to cross out the HP logos instead of covering them entirely with brown paper. It was shipped via USPS parcel and was supposedly lost according to USPS. The buyer raised a stink at the post office and the box "magically" appeared a few days later. I think someone there was planning on stealing it thinking there were computer stuff in it.  :rtfm:

I would have put my money in insurance rather than sig. confirmation.
Don't mean to rub salt in the wound. Hope it turns up.