What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

Two decorating the tree Polybags for $7 each.  Paid $2.50.  This is a great return on investment but exactly the type of one I plan to avoid in the future.  Great little set, tho.

Nearly 3x what you paid for them.  Is a SSD going to get you that anytime soon?

I don't understand the mentality, but okay.

/edit to add:  I'm sorry, that came off as rude.  Everyone has their own investment strategy.  For me, I'll take 3x buy in any time.

Nearly 3x what you paid for them. Is a SSD going to get you that anytime soon?

I don't understand the mentality, but okay.

/edit to add: I'm sorry, that came off as rude. Everyone has their own investment strategy. For me, I'll take 3x buy in any time.

No offense taken. It's more about the time and effort for me. I think these kind of flips can be great for a lot of people, it's just not for me.

• Like 1

I see both sides of the coin.  The secret is bulk on those kinds of things.  If you have 50 of them and all it means is putting up the listing and slowly but surely selling them off over a few months they are great.  If you can only manage to get 3 or 4 of them they aren't worth the hassle of creating the listing and watching all but a buck or two profit remain after fees/shipping/etc.  Also these kinds of deals pad the ratings which is valuable for a lot of people trying to get to top rated status or what not.  Pros and Cons.

I see both sides of the coin.  The secret is bulk on those kinds of things.  If you have 50 of them and all it means is putting up the listing and slowly but surely selling them off over a few months they are great.  If you can only manage to get 3 or 4 of them they aren't worth the hassle of creating the listing and watching all but a buck or two profit remain after fees/shipping/etc.  Also these kinds of deals pad the ratings which is valuable for a lot of people trying to get to top rated status or what not.  Pros and Cons.

Or sell them off in lots of ten or more to begin with.

Look like a best match. Wow. That said I think we will see 100+ real soon. I wish I had more than just a few.

Very perceptive Obi Wan!

I was the best match. Had 1 left moved it to $99.95 from about $65 or somewhere in that area.  It maintained best match and I thought it would sit there a while and someone bought it.  But then they asked that I reverse it as they paid incorrectly, relist it and then he bought it from me again.  First class buyer.

• Like 1

Chi Temples are finally starting to sell.  Sold 2 for $140.  I'll have to poke around tonight to see if I need to raise my price.  When the final season starts up, I might liquidate the Chima before it's forgotten and the next thing comes along.  I know others here have already got out.

• Like 1

I was out of the loop for awhile, I see BTTF is sold out is the general consensus that it's retired?

I think so except for occasional Toys R Us pop ups.

I had been selling them like hotcakes at $65 each.  I am keeping the remaining stash for it to cross $!00 which per my earlier post it did once already by chance.

Anyways I wish I would have gotten stacks more of these at $27 or whatever price it was.

I think it is easily $100 by Christmas.

• Like 1

Chi Temples are finally starting to sell. Sold 2 for $140. I'll have to poke around tonight to see if I need to raise my price. When the final season starts up, I might liquidate the Chima before it's forgotten and the next thing comes along. I know others here have already got out.

One of my Wal-Mart's still has three chi temples at 120. Been there for two years at least and they just won't mark them down. I don't get it

One of my Wal-Mart's still has three chi temples at 120. Been there for two years at least and they just won't mark them down. I don't get it

I've seen the price for this set all over the place.  There are still a few lingering on the shelves at that price around here too.  The funny thing is, I sold one yesterday to someone in my state and then of course last night was a California sale.

Yeah, I know.  I bought more BTTF at $35 near the end when I could have had so many for $27.  Despite a sub-par build nostalgia is really driving the prices up nicely.  I think I have 12-14 in my stash and don't plan to sell until it nears that 3 digit mark like you said trekgate.

Yeah, I know.  I bought more BTTF at $35 near the end when I could have had so many for $27.  Despite a sub-par build nostalgia is really driving the prices up nicely.  I think I have 12-14 in my stash and don't plan to sell until it nears that 3 digit mark like you said trekgate.

I couldn't even bring myself to buy more at $35 after getting all my stock at $27 earlier. Told myself, you're good with 24. LOL. At least it's a winner!

• Like 1

How long were they $24.99 on Target.com? Was it just the one day?  11/26/2013

wow did it reach that low? hmm..

i thought it was at $27 forever ... i need to find my stash :P its hidden in the pile of other cusso's :P LOL... i will eventually get to it after GALERCO sells his stuff :P .. at least he is down to 818 from over 1000+

Edited by newbie77