What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy

When I sell on eBay, I rarely use an auction unless I'm really unsure of an item's market value. I prefer BIN with non-auto Best Offer so I decide if I want to sell at the offer price or not. I just ignore lowballers and let their offers auto-expire.

Are you guys selling the 7965 Millennium Falcon or holding a little longer?  I'm not sure if I want to move them now at $200+ or hope that the ceiling is higher as the movie approaches but before people realize there is a remake coming in the form of the Episode 7 version.  

Edited by zskid00

Are you guys selling the 7965 Millennium Falcon or holding a little longer? I'm not sure if I want to move them now at $200+ or hope that the ceiling is higher as the movie approaches but before people realize there is a remake coming in the form of the Episode 7 version.

I am personally doing both. I am gladly doubling my money on them now, but I am holding half of my stash for later in the year just in case.....

Last month on eBay, I sold an Open Box 7965 at $185 in a lot with a 75055 and 9493, and a NISB for $205 + shipping. I could have probably held out for longer and made a little more, but I wanted to turn some inventory and I still have one more open box 7965 to hold for closer to the holidays. I regret not getting more, but I got into this whole racket right as they became hard to find and I hadn't quite figured out what were good buys yet.

Edited by edgecrusher

Are you guys selling the 7965 Millennium Falcon or holding a little longer? I'm not sure if I want to move them now at $200+ or hope that the ceiling is higher as the movie approaches but before people realize there is a remake coming in the form of the Episode 7 version.

I made the decision to sell all my stash this past Christmas figuring that would be the high point at least until next christmas and growth would be significantly slower. I was happy to get $200+ per set.

I have sold all of my 7965 Falcons (had five left) over the past two weeks. Each one sold for $220 plus $18 shipping. I paid between $80-$100 for each one, so I'm happy with the profits. They may continue to rise, but I don't want to take that gamble with the new version coming soon.

One note...I received a lot more traffic and sold three of the five after I included the mis-spelled version of "millennium" in my title (milennium). This trick was mentioned somewhere on here last week, but I don't remember which thread. I changed my listing title after I read that and it seemed to make a difference.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 5

Interesting that the King's Castle sale price is nearing Helm's Deep sale price...

yes it is especially seeing it just disappeared recently. I had 8 of them at 80 buy in and sold all 8 the last 2 months. In that same time i sold 2 helms deep at 180. Honestly had 0 kings castle and was watching it spike some and took a gamble on it.

yes it is especially seeing it just disappeared recently. I had 8 of them at 80 buy in and sold all 8 the last 2 months. In that same time i sold 2 helms deep at 180. Honestly had 0 kings castle and was watching it spike some and took a gamble on it.

Fact is Helms Deep is such a poor performer, even the Chima Lion Chi Temple can be sold at 150 after Christmas and after TRU dumping tons of those at $90. My money would have been better spent buying FB than HD

Not as good of a master as you.  Got them for $50 or so I think.  Still will clear about 40% profit on QFLL.

1 down 2 to go.  I really wanted to keep one for myself.  But its because it reminds me of the Space Police one.

So in reality sell these and get a Space Police one to be most happy.

I don't get it. Why would it approach Helm's Deep in value ?

HD has stagnated, and KC is catching up.  Why?  Probably with the introduction of Pirates, Lego fans are concerned they will not see another King's Castle for a few years.

Great news for folks that had a $55 buy in when Amazon was blowing these out.  Wish I had been able to grab another two.