What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

people are so impatient.  these are slated to be the promo next week, after that they will be everywhere.

So when you say that it will be the promo next week, does that mean that you have to buy something in order to get the polybag? Or will you be able to buy the polybag out right without having to purchase anything?

So when you say that it will be the promo next week, does that mean that you have to buy something in order to get the polybag? Or will you be able to buy the polybag out right without having to purchase anything?

The way it's been with TRU, most of us will have to pay $30+ to get one, Raven & Pseudoty will get 5,000 of them somehow w/o additional purchases, and Mscheaf and I will never see a single one.

• Like 1

Haunted House $499.99 incl shipping. EBay That was about a year earlier than I expected.

That's an awesome price!  I see other BINs for $425-450 and recent completed listings closer to $400.  I hope you have a legit buyer and required immediate payment.

The way it's been with TRU, most of us will have to pay $30+ to get one, Raven & Pseudoty will get 5,000 of them somehow w/o additional purchases, and Mscheaf and I will never see a single one.

So does that mean I should go and clear out the rest of the stock since you normally have to buy something to get it?  I might just have to do that.......

Well I'd probably buy a dozen or two, but I'm not known for making wise decisions. :P

I went back tonight after work and they were cleaned out.  I never have good luck with polys.  The ones I think might sell I have to sit on and the ones that I'm not sure about and only buy a few of end up being the good ones.  Maybe it's a sign and once next week hits these things will drop and I won't be stuck with a bunch of polys that will be readily available.  Can't be too greedy I guess.

I went back tonight after work and they were cleaned out.  I never have good luck with polys.  The ones I think might sell I have to sit on and the ones that I'm not sure about and only buy a few of end up being the good ones.  Maybe it's a sign and once next week hits these things will drop and I won't be stuck with a bunch of polys that will be readily available.  Can't be too greedy I guess.

They may not have been cleaned out.  It's entirely possible that they finally got word that they aren't supposed to be on the shelf yet, and pulled their stock.

It happened to me a couple weeks back with the TIE Advanced poly.  I had a number of people local to me tell me they picked them up at the same local TRU.  When I went in there a couple days later, they were gone.  I asked, and TRU told me they had pulled them off the shelf for a promotion the following week.

• Like 1

They may not have been cleaned out.  It's entirely possible that they finally got word that they aren't supposed to be on the shelf yet, and pulled their stock.

It happened to me a couple weeks back with the TIE Advanced poly.  I had a number of people local to me tell me they picked them up at the same local TRU.  When I went in there a couple days later, they were gone.  I asked, and TRU told me they had pulled them off the shelf for a promotion the following week.

When you went back the next week were you able to buy them or did you have to buy something else to get them as a promo?

Did you end up buying any to sell or was that pointless since they were pretty much available to everyone?

At that point, I just bought for me and the kids.  I was planning on buy a few to pair with the AT-DP 30274, but seeing that 30274 is going to be coming to TRU soon, I'm just dumping my stock now, and not worry about pairing it up.

So, short answer is no, I'm not buying any for investment.  At least, not right now.  I may change my mind on that later.

At that point, I just bought for me and the kids.  I was planning on buy a few to pair with the AT-DP 30274, but seeing that 30274 is going to be coming to TRU soon, I'm just dumping my stock now, and not worry about pairing it up.

So, short answer is no, I'm not buying any for investment.  At least, not right now.  I may change my mind on that later.

Cool.  Thanks for your helpful advice and thoughts on this.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1