What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

If you read my post about selling the "last one" on polybags on ebay and all my lessons learned.....

I am selling 16-20 polybags a day (packaged by my kids at $1 a pop) 100% return after fees, and it isn't Rocket Raccoon

my "limitless" supply of these may dry up before too long, hopefully not before Christmas, I have crossed 100+ sold at around starting at $2-$3 profit each, and have pushed that to around $5 each with some sales and streamlining things

also have 100 people following my listing for first time ever

Sold:

(1) niob 6286 skull's eye schooner, roached box. Instructions there all catalogs and even the original poster was present. Plastic tray was also factory sealed. Heh bought everything for $200 in august just by asking the seller if he would accept an offer. Cha ching. Included were a couple of smaller new in bags vintage pirate sets for $610 shipped.

(2) tie fighters $98/ea shipped

(1) 10210 nearly complete with color swaps added cannons and added minifigures to replace originals that were mostly missing, no box, no instruction...$315 shipped.

Finally seeing some cash flow...I broke down the actual profit for the misses and it was 135% of what I paid after all fees and shipping costs.

No the tax man has not been included...yet. He will get his next spring.

• Like 1

in regards to Santa's workshop...

I don't remember anyone asking the question:  What if this is the next 10173 Holiday Train (3 month run)?  Or even 9465 Zombies ~4 month run?

Lots of money will be left on the table.

One season and done.  Just a thought.

I understand money in the bank is just that for QFLL's. 

Will it be back next season, quite possibly.  The Winter Village lineup has had 2 year runs going back to 10199 Toy Shop.

in regards to Santa's workshop...

I don't remember anyone asking the question: What if this is the next 10173 Holiday Train (3 month run)? Or even 9465 Zombies ~4 month run?

Lots of money will be left on the table.

One season and done. Just a thought.

I understand money in the bank is just that for QFLL's.

Will it be back next season, quite possibly. The Winter Village lineup has had 2 year runs going back to 10199 Toy Shop.

I would be shocked if it doesn't come back. I'm sure we'll see it again next year online but not in stores until holidays. . But yeah if it doesn't ..wow double what it it's at now would be reasonable.

So, what's different about last year's set and this year?

Price and look/feel.

Last year was $99.99.  And it looked like a bunch of different parts.  This year's set is one big house, and it's price point is $30 cheaper.

No way LEGO leaves money on the table.  I think that's why they went with a smaller price point set this year.  I'm sure they've noticed it's selling as well as it is.  Makes sense to bring it back next year, and follow up with something similar next year as well.

• Like 1