What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

I found two cases in Target last week, but I haven't dipped into that stock yet.  On bought a couple of sets back when they were out everywhere.  Then, when they were drying up, I happened across a bunch at Legoland and TRU, and bought them out.  Then I hit every TRU in San Diego county and bought them up.  Enough that my one of my payment cards was declined for spending $200 at one TRU, and then $200 at another TRU 5 miles and 15 minutes later.  lol

I think I've sold 5 sets so far, and I've got about 9 more to go.  As long as prices stay at this level, I'm clearing 2x RRP.

I wish!  I never made it out of San Diego County.

i totally envy you :D... surprised that you found cases this late @ target.

looks like my area is filled with all the BP'ers :D can't find anything. last time i saw Series 1 was back in June .. then they all vanished and it was series 2 till august. now all i could see/find is series 3....

I found two cases in Target last week, but I haven't dipped into that stock yet.  On bought a couple of sets back when they were out everywhere.  Then, when they were drying up, I happened across a bunch at Legoland and TRU, and bought them out.  Then I hit every TRU in San Diego county and bought them up.  Enough that my one of my payment cards was declined for spending $200 at one TRU, and then $200 at another TRU 5 miles and 15 minutes later.  lol

I think I've sold 5 sets so far, and I've got about 9 more to go.  As long as prices stay at this level, I'm clearing 2x RRP.

I wish!  I never made it out of San Diego County.

I found a couple honey holes of Series 2.  With the proper coupons, I should be able to snatch them up at a good price (KMart).

I found a couple honey holes of Series 2.  With the proper coupons, I should be able to ****** them up at a good price (KMart).

I'm stocking up on those right now.  Was lucky to find them at TRU to use for Bricktober, but they're drying up there.  LL CA still has a ton of them, although one or two are getting hard to find.  I will probably try to finish out a few more sets in the next week or two, and then sit back for Series 3 to start to disappear in a couple of months.

Thought I would share my Mixel stash.  95% of these came from the same LL Discovery Center.  I think I'm the only person who ever bought Series 1 Mixels there.  They still have reds and blacks on the shelf.  The bagged ones are complete sets.  Photos kind of suck.  24 complete sets, tons of extras, if I could get a bunch more Volectros I would have a lot more complete sets.

thumb_bp_1413262038__wp_20141013_003.jpg

thumb_bp_1413262011__wp_20141013_002.jpg

Also the beginnings of my Series 2 hoarding, mostly blues from TRU.  I have a Mixel problem.  I found 6 more complete sets I ratholed in my garage the other day which I completely forgot about.  Thanks to Alpine, my mixel inspiration.

• Like 3

I had no idea these mixels are hot commodities. I've seen some series 2 kickin' around, are they really worth picking up and flipping?

Series 2 isn't quite there yet but they are getting harder and harder to find so not a bad grab.  I'm focusing on grabbing the blue guys.  They are the most common (24 to a case instead of 18 like the other 2 colors) but they seem to be way more popular at least where I"m at.  Blues seem to be harder to find on shelves.  Wouldn't hurt to grab them especially if you are trying to add $5-15 at TRU or something to lock in getting the Bricktober sets.

Series 2 isn't quite there yet but they are getting harder and harder to find so not a bad grab. I'm focusing on grabbing the blue guys. They are the most common (24 to a case instead of 18 like the other 2 colors) but they seem to be way more popular at least where I"m at. Blues seem to be harder to find on shelves. Wouldn't hurt to grab them especially if you are trying to add $5-15 at TRU or something to lock in getting the Bricktober sets.

My local WM had a couple of series 2 cases, and another store had a couple of series 1 singles. I may have to look into picking up some of these.

Thought I would share my Mixel stash.  95% of these came from the same LL Discovery Center.  I think I'm the only person who ever bought Series 1 Mixels there.  They still have reds and blacks on the shelf.  The bagged ones are complete sets.  Photos kind of suck.  24 complete sets, tons of extras, if I could get a bunch more Volectros I would have a lot more complete sets.

thumb_bp_1413262038__wp_20141013_003.jpg

thumb_bp_1413262011__wp_20141013_002.jpg

Also the beginnings of my Series 2 hoarding, mostly blues from TRU.  I have a Mixel problem.  I found 6 more complete sets I ratholed in my garage the other day which I completely forgot about.  Thanks to Alpine, my mixel inspiration.

My Mixel Brother From Another Mother.  Love the stash.  I've spent the evening reorganizing mine (yet again).  Wish I would have taken some photos.  But yours definitely outdoes mine.  You hit the mother-lode with that Discovery Center my friend.  Happy to inspire, and may you profit well.

Series 2 isn't quite there yet but they are getting harder and harder to find so not a bad grab.  I'm focusing on grabbing the blue guys.  They are the most common (24 to a case instead of 18 like the other 2 colors) but they seem to be way more popular at least where I"m at.  Blues seem to be harder to find on shelves.  Wouldn't hurt to grab them especially if you are trying to add $5-15 at TRU or something to lock in getting the Bricktober sets.

I agree with that.  Blue seems to be the hardest to find everywhere.  My own personal taste says Blue is the best of the three.  I just didn't dig the Orange or Brown.

I can't predict the future; I don't know that Series 2 will have the staying power of Series 1.  But, if you're at all curious, now is the time to get these, before they disappear.  They are getting harder to find, and I agree with sroster, that Blue will probably be the ones that take off (much like Yellow).

• Like 1

Sold 3 of the Monster Fighter Halloween accessory sets on ebay to one buyer for $55 plus shipping. I paid $40 last year and will hike the price with Halloween approaching.

Also sold another LOTR lot on Craigslist. Helms Deep, Mines of Moria, Orc Forge, Attack on Weathertop and Gandalf Arrives for $450. I paid $270 originally.