What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Can everyone start also including what their item sold for. I speak for many when I say that I really don't care what you sold as much as how much it sold for. Thanks!

I'm actually glad you asked. I've thought about it, but wasn't sure if it was bad form.

If we have as much power as we think we've got, then we should be keeping each other informed. It does pay to do whether things are moving up or down. I also don't believe in undercutting each other. If we can keep ourselves from doing that, it drives prices up, not down.

• Like 1

Can everyone start also including what their item sold for. I speak for many when I say that I really don't care what you sold as much as how much it sold for. Thanks!

I'm actually glad you asked. I've thought about it, but wasn't sure if it was bad form.

If we have as much power as we think we've got, then we should be keeping each other informed. It does pay to do whether things are moving up or down. I also don't believe in undercutting each other. If we can keep ourselves from doing that, it drives prices up, not down.

Do we change the title to "How much did your LEGO sell for today?"

you might want to tread carefully with that last part, we don't want to break any federal laws ( even though I get what you are saying)

you might want to tread carefully with that last part, we don't want to break any federal laws ( even though I get what you are saying)

Yeah, there's a big difference between saying "let's all set the price minimum at $x" and you making an informed decision on your own to sell something at a similar price as what I've sold it at.

It's just another source of information, like reviewing eBay sold listings.

• Like 1

i use to always include sold prices and now only include them for selected sets.  like many i assume, i didn't want to come off boasting.  however i agree with you.  posting sold sets without prices are pretty worthless.

feel free to modify my previous post to include "$250 plus postage" now since the buyer has paid.

I try to always give the price as well as something interesting about the sale. Who wants to read a random list of numbers?

I just sold 4 LOTR sets (Helms Deep, Orc Forge, Shelob, and Gandalf Arrives) together for $290 Canadian on Craigslist. I bought most of these for 50% of MSRP so I figure I made 85% in under a year. You can still find some of these sets if you're lucky at a TRU, but they're generally gone and I was curious to test the market since I have between 3-9 of each of these sets still. Looking good for Christmas.

As I stated, I had one left in which I wanted to preserve my listing which was a bin 30 day listing so I jacked the price up thinking no one would buy it. I figured something was peculiar about the transaction and was going to contact the buyer when I got home. They ended up putting a fraud claim in before I could do anything.

Preserving your listing makes more sense. I just couldn't imagine anyone legitimately buying it.

yeah, wonderful world of Amazon... has its pros and cons like any market place. I actually had to cancel a SSD order/purchase for $800 CAN plus shipping once because I forgot to update my inventory after a BP trade! I was shocked since I only held the SSD for 1-2weeks...guess I should of held it a bit longer lol. win some lose some.

Buyers paid postage, excluded from price below.

Used Black Pearl (no box). Complete. $215

Used QAR (no box). Complete. $210

All but 2 of my Exo Suits for $56 each.

Awesome about the Black Pearl.  I bought a bulk set with the BP in it, for around $200.  I need the sails, so I may lose a little on the BP overall.  But, it's part of a 25 lbs lot, so I've got lots more to pull from it, that will bring me into the black.  Even if Iose a couple bucks, it'll be worth it just to build.

Two Face Chase for $160...even after fees, nice profit for only holding less than a year. only 3 left to sell, a winner superhero set for sure along with Hulk and Wolverine.

Nice.  I've got a couple of those fermenting, may bust one out at Christmas to see what it does.

I sold a Mini MINI Copper for $18, $13 after fees/shipping.  Also sold a Research Institute, listed it right after I bought some at TRU, which later got canceled.