What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

i sold one of mine mini mini cooper polybag for 20

I never get a good feeling if any given promotion polybag would go up in price, or down

sold the ninja turtle poly bag couple weeks ago for ~15, but it dropped in price down to around 10 =(

now I don't want to sell at 5 bucks less

I am happy with 20 for the mini mini cooper

i sold one of mine mini mini cooper polybag for 20

I never get a good feeling if any given promotion polybag would go up in price, or down

sold the ninja turtle poly bag couple weeks ago for ~15, but it dropped in price down to around 10 =(

now I don't want to sell at 5 bucks less

I am happy with 20 for the mini mini cooper

20 for it now is a great price. You would have to hold it for a long time to see any substantial increase.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

sold my last Wolverine chopper... $118 + shipping. sucks it's my last and can't keep one for personal collection but profit margin cheers me up a little :) will use the profits to buy some newer small/med super heroes sets at the next sale.

let us know how this sale goes.  hopefully, it's 100% legit and the buyer won't try to return it opened.  just seems too good to be true at that price.

20 for it now is a great price. You would have to hold it for a long time to see any substantial increase.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

I agree that is a great price to sell.  I don't think it's going to go any higher than that, and will probably go down from there.  The main draw with the mini T1 was the officially licensed WV sticker for the front, and the fact that it really does look like a mini T1 camper.  I just got done building the big mini and the mini mini, and the small version doesn't look like the big model at all.

Also... happy 1000th post to me :goodjob:

• Like 2

let us know how this sale goes.  hopefully, it's 100% legit and the buyer won't try to return it opened.  just seems too good to be true at that price.

Buyer got her set overnight, shipped within city... left positive feedback already so everyone is happy :)

The Canadian market is different than US and some prefer Amazon.ca vs. com vs eBay. obviously I have to list/charge higher being on Amazon with their higher fees compared to eBay. I don't have to chase after buyers to pay up and no dealing with PayPal issues which I like...the less stress on this hobby the better. the trade off is less exposure/buyers for my inventory. I know a few successful Canadian resellers that sell internationally but just not my cup of tea (at this time anyway).

Buyer got her set overnight, shipped within city... left positive feedback already so everyone is happy :)

The Canadian market is different than US and some prefer Amazon.ca vs. com vs eBay. obviously I have to list/charge higher being on Amazon with their higher fees compared to eBay. I don't have to chase after buyers to pay up and no dealing with PayPal issues which I like...the less stress on this hobby the better. the trade off is less exposure/buyers for my inventory. I know a few successful Canadian resellers that sell internationally but just not my cup of tea (at this time anyway).

Nice, good for you.   :party:  :party: 

Just sold a 3368 City Space Centre again!

Same here! After seeing how many times you have sold this set, I was sure to scoop up as many as possible when they were on clearance recently at TRU for $40.50. Out of the 6 I found, I have just 1 left which I will pair with a 3367 and end up with near 100% ROI on my initial $280 investment.

just to give ya'll an idea of what i'm dealing with, these are the sets i've parted out, bagged up, and will have listed tomorrow

8402-1     Sports Car             
8963-1     Rock Wrecker             
8960-1     Thunder Driller             
5867-1     Super Speedster             
8708-1     Cave Crusher             
8967-1     Gold Tooth's Getaway         
8189-1     Magma Mech             
8961-1     Crystal Sweeper             
7286-1     Prisoner Transport             
7236-1     Police Car             
6743-1     Street Speeder             
3178-1     Seaplane             
7726-1     Coast Guard Truck with Speed Boat             
7285-1     Police Dog Unit             
7685-1     Dozer             
7630-1     Front-End Loader             
7885-1     Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of The Penguin             
7638-1     Tow Truck             
7639-1     Camper             
8964-1     Titanium Command Rig             
7239-1     Fire Truck             
7737-1     Coast Guard 4WD & Jet Scooter             
7631-1     Dump Truck             
3179-1     Repair Truck             
4918-1     Mini Flyers             
7288-1     Mobile Police Unit

Same here! After seeing how many times you have sold this set, I was sure to scoop up as many as possible when they were on clearance recently at TRU for $40.50. Out of the 6 I found, I have just 1 left which I will pair with a 3367 and end up with near 100% ROI on my initial $280 investment.

Well done!

Where is my cut!?

Another of my $7 Wolverine Choppers for $70. I'm selling one a week and am going to miss these gems when I'm out. Turns out the buyer works just down the street from my office so I made the drop by the Toronto Skydome in an all cash transaction (no ebay or Paypal fees justifies any walk). Felt like a mafioso standing incognito on the street corner selling something that "fell off the back of a truck".

• Like 1

Sold a lot of first run LotR sets.  Didn't make a killing, but moved them out.  I'm losing some of the enthusiasm I had with this line as I think some are going to be dogs somewhat. I still have a bunch of them, but freeing up some cash.

Exactly what I've been doing. I was out of control buying em up since it is one of my favorite themes but I got more than my own personal fill.