HULK vs. HULK  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hulk Will Eventually Be Worth More

• Purple Pants Hulk
    • Brown Pants Hulk
  2. 2. Which Hulk Do You Prefer

• Purple Pants Hulk
    • Brown Pants Hulk

I'm super excited about the new Hulk Lab Smash set, and can't decide if M.O.D.O.K. or the new purple pants Hulk is the jewel of the set!  For me this set immediately brought up the question of the PP Hulk's future value.  Even though Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout is still available in some stores, the Hulk figure now goes for $35 on BL!  Could PP Hulk be worth this much as well?  A LOT of people are going to buy this set because all of the minifigures are new and amazing.  This could potentially drive down the price of PP Hulk to $10 or $15.  However, I think that this Hulk is much more appealing to collectors than the brown pants version and will therefore be in high demand. 

post-7406-0-82112600-1389368605.jpg

post-7406-0-92916100-1389368614.jpg

Purple pants hulk is the 'classic' look. Brown pants Hulk only appeared because the pants are brownish in the Avenger movie. I think LEGO was very sly in changing the pant color for the the new set and if the Hulk fig appears eventually in a third set then LEGO will alter the fig again. In fact Hulk won't be in any Marvel movie after Avengers 2 (at least not a major appearance) for the foreseeable future so who knows what could happen but LEGO knows this figure is a big selling point in sets all on its own.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't foresee any Hulks ever selling for $10 or $15.  The big-figs always come with a bigger price tag, and whether the pants are purple or brown, people will always pay well for the Hulk.  Having MODOK in the same set won't hurt the Hulk at all.  It is still a $49 set just like 6868, so the cheaper alternative for people who just want a Hulk and not the whole set will be to go to eBay and pay $25 for it like they always have.

76018 is going to be a killer set for flipping!  Look at all those glorious new minifigs!