Just sold my first lego investment!

I recently got into LEGO investing/collecting after getting 16 sets for $10.99 during the Walmart website price mistake fiasco a few months back - including 4x LR trains and 4x LOTR pirate ships.  Since then I've hit up most of the major sales and my collection has grown to ~135 sets.

I've had a few first...

• First time opening a new credit card to buy LEGOS (Toys R Us - picked up 3x Unimogs for $150 each with the extra discount)
  • First time buying something from someone who was probably using a stolen credit card (Haunted House for $150 off eBay, drop shipped from Walmart)
  • And now, I've sold my first LEGO investment on eBay! (Saurmon minifig for $4.99 :yawn: )

I'm looking forward to continuing my new hobby in the coming years.

One question I have...I'm currently storing my boxes in the attic.  We live in Texas and it gets quite hot and humid in the summer - should I be worried about using that for long term storage?

Congratulations on your first sale.

One question I have...I'm currently storing my boxes in the attic.  We live in Texas and it gets quite hot and humid in the summer - should I be worried about using that for long term storage?

Indeed. The attic is the worst place for storing anything even outside of Texas. I will admit some places that stay cool to cold for most periods of time throughout the year is typically fine but consider this. The roof is the one spot of a house which always receives direct sunlight making it pretty much like an oven.

Moved all the sets I planned to sell down under the bed in the guest bedroom. That makes more sense than storing a few thousand dollars of legos next to the AC/heating unit in the attic.

Guest bedroom? More like conveniently located personal storage unit. :)