My Christmas Eve story...losing my virginity. cliff notes style

hxckid88

So truth be told...I've never built a lego set in my life. I'm 25. I decided that I needed to at some point. I have a fascination with winter and cabins and such this brought me to the winter village cottage set as it also has a practical sense under my Christmas tree. lets be honest here, I'm 25band not exactly gonna play with a ninjago set.

So its Christmas eve. despite being a lego investor and loving money and knowing the potential this set will bring I opened one. I thought i'd build this whole set in a hour and have it displayed for Christmas. ....I have been humbled.

A few hours later...I have an igloo and truck built. I'm also not much of a drinker at all and am 7 drinks in.

My sister walks in the door.....OMG lego,...are you tryna build that? I am. I

ll help she says. I used to have the harry potter castle and built it over and over. I had no idea my little sister liked lego.

Now I have hope that this set will be completed before Christmas morning. even with me taking an extended break eating hot wings and watching kind of queens.

Its created a cool bonding experience. It has also made me realize the fun I missed out on as a youth having not played with lego. I now get it. these toys are awesome and gives a sense of accomplishment. my only fear is that I am drunk and have quite an investment collection.

A few more drinks and I may not have an investment collection and just  have toys.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and hope we continue this great community next year and ever expand on it.

• Like 6

Two things. The entire set did get built. Finished around 4:30 A.M. It was displayed Christmas morning. Now, I have a pile of unused pieces?....is this normal? There is an orange piece too. It is not in book or on box. Is it a sled? Has anyone built this set and can advise? Is it typical for Lego to include extra pieces? Pics below.

post-6640-0-66872400-1388086306_thumb.jp

post-6640-0-46292700-1388086324_thumb.jp

Two things. The entire set did get built. Finished around 4:30 A.M. It was displayed Christmas morning. Now, I have a pile of unused pieces?....is this normal? There is an orange piece too. It is not in book or on box. Is it a sled? Has anyone built this set and can advise? Is it typical for Lego to include extra pieces? Pics below.

The pile of unused pieces is normal. They have a certain amount of extra pieces in each set depending on the size of the set just in case you lose some in the building process.

That's a GREAT story.  It is what has very recently gotten me into this whole scene ()again now as an adult).  I have a niece, and a brand new daughter, and I always loved legos as kid...had main street USA and lots of space legos.

We're lucky as we have a Toys R Us, 2 Targets, a Walmart, and an official Lego Store all within a 10 minute radius of our house.

We've decided to stock up for our daughter and her cousin to start playing and building their 'Friends sets' in a few years.  Of course I convinced the wife that having some Halloween displays from Monsters Fighters and looking at the Winter sets started to interest my wife as well, who loves to decorate with unique stuff for the holidays!

The stores were hit HARD here, the lego store itself had an amazing assortment, very hard to find sets - won't be there for long.

A few hours later...I have an igloo and truck built. I'm also not much of a drinker at all and am 7 drinks in.

My sister walks in the door

A few more drinks and I may not have an investment collection and just  have toys.

LOLz...you got drunk...one thing led to another...then your sister walked in. It take 2, sometimes 3 in your case, to make the magic happen. Just don't drink too much and open all your Lego.

I just built the same set last week with my 2 kids.  It was fun, except removing the small tiles when making the mosaic in the wrong place.  I think my first real Lego "set" building was when I was 39, and it was an Indiana Jones Flying Wing.  I played with Lego bricks a lot when I was a kid and even some when I was a teenager, but I never bought a set.  I always just had buckets of bricks, and that has made all the difference...