Loose brick storage?

dman2900

I am thinking of getting a few of these for loose brick storage so I can divvy up all the bricks......

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/storage-racks-containers/17-drawer-metal-parts-cabinet/p-1448832-c-9189.htm

Anyone know of other storage that I can buy........

I know they have official LEGO storage containers but they are too expensive and will take away from my set money....

Any help would be appreciated.......

Ziiplock baggies in recycled cardboard boxes - label the boxes, label the bags, good to go and nearly free of charge.

We have 45,000 (and counting) inventoried parts using this system - sometime down the road when the parts business is making some actual money beyond just paying for its own expansion, we'll consider getting fancy.

Ziiplock baggies in recycled cardboard boxes - label the boxes, label the bags, good to go and nearly free of charge.

We have 45,000 (and counting) inventoried parts using this system - sometime down the road when the parts business is making some actual money beyond just paying for its own expansion, we'll consider getting fancy.

I have just started parting out new sets and use this box system.

I do have a bunch of little drawer sorters similar but a little larger than the OP's linked item. I got them in a deal with a huge used Lego lot on Craigslist. Otherwise I don't think I would have bought them. It took me a good long while to have things sorted the way I wanted but I now have most of the drawers full of sorted parts and when I going through a used lot and building sets it's way easier to find the missing parts I need.

That's great for huge collection.

For a smaller one like mine - Stack-on drawers are pretty good.  They make them with smaller or bigger boxes, so depends on which parts you're going to use them for.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-18-Drawer-Storage-Cabinet-DS-18/204065031#

That's great for huge collection.

For a smaller one like mine - Stack-on drawers are pretty good.  They make them with smaller or bigger boxes, so depends on which parts you're going to use them for.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-18-Drawer-Storage-Cabinet-DS-18/204065031#

It's great for a little collection, too, if you're a cheapskate like me. I keep our couple thousand prototype parts in the same kind of system (separate from our inventory, of course), just scaled down to a few boxes rather than dozens.

Not to say people shouldn't spend whatever they wish on sorting and storage systems, just that it's not a necessity if you would rather not hand over the cash.

• Like 1

That is similar to what I do. So far, all I have is all the bricks separated by color and I have the printed pieces in a separate pile. Works for me. I am planning to sort it even more over the holidays, but that may not happen. Darn school work gets in the way of ALL my plans.

• Like 1

It's great for a little collection, too, if you're a cheapskate like me.

Depends :)  If it's for long-term storage I agree.  But if you build often enough and especially do it with a kid - little drawers are more convenient 'cause you see what's inside right away and don't need to mess with opening-closing ziplocks.