Usps tracking and ebay

Any of you know of or use some type of program that can cull tracking numbers from ebay sold to get a real tracking on them? The tracking in the phone app is a joke. Many of my sales show as acknowledged, even though they were delivered 4 days ago. I am trying to figure out after 200 sales..why only 3 gave feedback. Was wondering if packages weren't delivered yet..when I noticed this mess. I've been cutting track number out of ebay sold, and pasting into usps and getting real track info...but that got old after 3, and real old after 5.

• Like 1

Any of you know of or use some type of program that can cull tracking numbers from ebay sold to get a real tracking on them? The tracking in the phone app is a joke. Many of my sales show as acknowledged, even though they were delivered 4 days ago. I am trying to figure out after 200 sales..why only 3 gave feedback. Was wondering if packages weren't delivered yet..when I noticed this mess. I've been cutting track number out of ebay sold, and pasting into usps and getting real track info...but that got old after 3, and real old after 5.

Tried any of the Ebay Apps? As far as Feedback I use Feedback Pro. I think its like 5$ a month.

Gives auto feedback. Also lets you send a special message to buyers who haven't left feedback after tracking says delivered. Does get some extra people leaving it.

Check out this App - looks promising:

http://applications.ebay.com/selling?ViewEAppDetails&stab=1&mId=2000020&appType=1&appId=apps.awesomeship.com

I don't know of a program, but if you use the regular website My eBay page, the tracking there is generally reliable (it can lag behind the USPS site by a few days and/or be missing, but MOSTLY it'll be accurate).

Feedback slows down this time of year - lots of folks just don't have/take the time to leave it in the midst of the Christmas rush, and more and more buyers in general don't bother any more. Also, I've noticed as a buyer that eBay no longer sends me feedback reminders, so my own feedback in general is coming in at a lesser rate than it used to I'm sure partially due to that.

Use caution if you plan to follow up with your buyers to ask for feedback (I never do, and personally recommend against it - I let sleeping buyers lie.). Tact is needed to make sure the twitchy amongst them don't feel "hassled" by such requests. I know of more than one unfortunate seller who has received a negative stating, "Here's that feedback you wanted."

• Like 1

I was just thinking after 200 shipped...I would have seen 50 feedbacks...not 4.

I wonder what the averages are for percentage of satisfied buyers who leave feedback?  Maybe the more experienced sellers can chime in here.

When it comes to tracking packages, I like using the iphone app My Package.  I've never seen it lag, I can set it to alert me with updates along the way, and when I highlight a tracking number in my laptop browser it will send the info to my iphone app with one click.

I honestly have been using it for 3 months with little problem. I wondered about asking people for feedback, but I have it set to only send once and it actually offers them a discount on their next purchase and then just mentions feedback. So that helps I think.

I also control who I send it to. If there is a buyer who is antsy, I put there name in the list to not send.

Rate is still low. Mine looks to be at about 65%. I have 1200 sales in 4 monthsish and 700 feedback.

I honestly have been using it for 3 months with little problem. I wondered about asking people for feedback, but I have it set to only send once and it actually offers them a discount on their next purchase and then just mentions feedback. So that helps I think.

I also control who I send it to. If there is a buyer who is antsy, I put there name in the list to not send.

Rate is still low. Mine looks to be at about 65%. I have 1200 sales in 4 monthsish and 700 feedback.

I like that discount offer. Have you had repeat customers from this?

I like that discount offer. Have you had repeat customers from this?

I assume - I have a lot of repeat business. Especially from overseas too. Couple people in malaysia and Europe order from me 2-3 times a month.

I make it well known in several other places that repeat customers get preferential treatment as well too so I can't attribute it all to one thing.

The only downside is some people hear "discount" and think "75% off sale". So that becomes tough. But in the end, worth it.

Cool, I'll have to try something like this out. See how it goes. One thing I have started doing is putting my email address all *** with the packing slip. I just mention to the buyer that if they have I trust in future lego sets to shoot me an email. I can give them better price by not utilizing ebay. I of course have this worded better.

I've found that most buyers are flakes when it comes to feedback.  I haven't gotten to the volume of needing to pay for feedback to be applied.  I just copy and paste the same response when I print out the shipping labels.  I always do it this way because I had a buyer go nuts on me this summer when I fell behind on my feedback.  As far as tracking I have found eBay's website to be reliable enough.

Yeah, but if you only have 200 feedback it only takes 5 negative to knock you below 98% approval.  Then I believe you don't qualify for Top Rated seller or powerseller classifications.  Besides, on a business level I want that feedback to know that I'm keeping my customers satisfied and to correct any operational inefficiencies.  I've had a number of customers pass along concerns about packaging and their own experiences buying LEGO on ebay, all of which subsequently gave me positive feedback.  Its important to remember the vast majority of transactions go well, its the handful of pain in the ass ones that we dread and remember.