Has Lego Ever Tried to Glue Their Flaps Instead of Taping Them

jaylay

I got a helms deep from toys r us and the tape looks loose. Closer inspection I believe it is factory because the middle around the corner is a little stretched and loose but the edges of the tape would have lifted some of the finish of the box or shown signs of being scraped off, they looked like they were fine. Take a closer look and you'll be able to tell tape that's never been lifted vs suspicious

Yes alot of the sets used to be glued, but thousands of people were buying the sets, replacing with Mega Bloks, and other stuff, and then just Hot Glue the Flaps back and return the set. After a trillion complaints they replaced with the taps.

That happened to me once. I bought a new set and when I opened it, half the set was gone. All the rare piece and minifigures seemed to be taken from the set.

I bought a set at Walmart and, although the box itself looked nice, the flaps on one side were hot glued. All the pieces and minifigures were there strangely enough in spite of everything inside being already opened, and some reason a piece from an Angry Birds toy was tossed in there. The condition of the parts were barely what one could consider used actually so it wasn't too bad. I mean, I just bought a normally $70 new for $30 nigh used.