10237 - Tower of Orthanc

What do people estimate this could rise to once it is EOL

Depends on a few factors, but if it moves to sold out within the next couple of months (as opposed to making it through most of 2015 to retire in the fall) I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $350 USD around Christmas. Double MSRP ($400) seems more on the optimistic end (not that I would complain) but the slow growth of LOTR sets in general makes me err on the conservative side. 

Depends on a few factors, but if it moves to sold out within the next couple of months (as opposed to making it through most of 2015 to retire in the fall) I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $350 USD around Christmas. Double MSRP ($400) seems more on the optimistic end (not that I would complain) but the slow growth of LOTR sets in general makes me err on the conservative side. 

Thanks for that! :) I bought one of these yesterday and im planning on sitting on it for a while

Thanks.I got one as part of a deal on Craigslist. ToO and ewok village for $330cad total. Both are factory sealed and look untampered with. Hopefully you are correct.

Considering some of the other sets that were OOS around the holidays have shown up with 2015 codes, this might be another sign of the beautiful, beautiful dance.

Think so it is all part of what I think the next wave is - Red Five, ToO, EEE and SOH.

They are all behaving that way except SOH.

I think we will know more in a few more weeks.

Think so it is all part of what I think the next wave is - Red Five, ToO, EEE and SOH.

They are all behaving that way except SOH.

I think we will know more in a few more weeks.

I'm sold on all except SOH...other than Ed prognosticating that TB will still be available at MSRP in two years, what collective evidence does the horde have?

Since when had a mass retirement been followed immediately by a second mass retirement?

I think Ed intimated that a certain number of sets were on the chopping block and as far as I know that number hasn't been reached. I don't think this is a separate case of mass retirement but the petering out of the initial wave.