10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I like(d) the theory of a production issue explaining the cut / double seals. However...

My 12/01 order came in with 50R4 over blanks on top and 42R3 on bottom.

The other ordered a week or so later came in fresh and clean 50R4.

Both were backordered, "in warehouse", and shipped on the same dates, for what that is worth.

Someone smarter than me, figure this out, please!

I like(d) the theory of a production issue explaining the cut / double seals. However...

Both were backordered, "in warehouse", and shipped on the same dates, for what that is worth.

just speculation on my part... but maybe this could be multiple warehouse finds possibly?  and them cutting seals to make sure all contents were accounted for and resealing with the R4 50s?

Edited by vexxet

Maybe Lego got the memo that we figured out the mystery of the seal codes and now they are trying to throw sand in our eyes?

Guest TabbyBoy

Maybe Lego got the memo that we figured out the mystery of the seal codes and now they are trying to throw sand in our eyes?

I know of 2 Merlin employees that are BP members and odds on that some LEGO employees are too. They must know what we're up to but, don't care any more than they do about knockoffs. Of course, nothing will happen to affect product quality.

pretty easy to explain their was a run (50R4) that was both full sets and extra bags for missing sets.  All sets pre 50R4 (or pre some other known good run) were verified before shipping and retaged at 50R4.

Now the real question is, was 50R4 the final run?  Its possible ToO was set to end of life like all the others, but they needed the 50R4 run to fix the production issues, and the new sets were just a byproduct of extra production space.  Its also possible ToO will live on as one of the final LOTR sets, and stick around at least until the final Hobbit has finished its run (and dvd?).

Edited by jay4e

I got My last 2 at the Lego store today, Mint Boxes, I have 15 thats it, everybody should have a few of these if you are a investor, most Lego stores have plenty in stock, get them at the lego store if you can so you can get mint Boxes, don't way until the panic retiring starts. I also will be getting Pet Shops, Ewok Villages, a few Red 5, Sea Cows. Like I been saying buy the exclusives when you can, you guys that say its the rush to wait to the last minute, well after you been doing this for 35 of investing you will change your mind pretty quick doing it for a few months or a year or two. Ed

• Like 2

What do you guys think that means? I'm a new lego collector, and I don't want to miss out on ToO. Coolest set ever imo.

Then buy one. Whether it goes eol now or 1 year from now doesn't matter if you're a collector. You'd regret being a little late, but you won't regret being a little early.

I got My last 2 at the Lego store today, Mint Boxes, I have 15 thats it, everybody should have a few of these if you are a investor, most Lego stores have plenty in stock, get them at the lego store if you can so you can get mint Boxes, don't way until the panic retiring starts. I also will be getting Pet Shops, Ewok Villages, a few Red 5, Sea Cows. Like I been saying buy the exclusives when you can, you guys that say its the rush to wait to the last minute, well after you been doing this for 35 of investing you will change your mind pretty quick doing it for a few months or a year or two. Ed

Ed did your ToO sets have double seals on the top? Wondering if they are done with that batch yet.

cool emazers is here.  I remember when you use to post on Toysnbricks.com.  I left that site because its very low traffic and not very helpful with investing info.  This site rocks and its good to see you here.

Yes they are double Taped and say 50R4 So if you need any I would suggest if you have a Lego store you can get to go buy them now or soon this way you can get Mint or close to it boxes, all 15 of my boxes weigh 7lbs give or take, and I been buying them for the last year all from Lego stores only.So all my boxes are in Excellent Condition. Ed

No Tumblers? You either have enough, lost faith in the set or forgot to mention it in your list?

Wow I actually have more Orthancs than emazers! I'm at 16 trying to get at least 20

Ed, are you stopping at 15 Orthancs or getting

more?

No I am stopping at 15,Not saying having 20 or more is not a bad idea, I would rather have about 30 Ewok Villages, and buy More Tumblers and start buying the Slave 1 and others soon. Nobody can have tons of everything unless you have millions to spend and have unlimited storage space. I have a huge house and every room is getting just about filled. Ed

• Like 3

No I am stopping at 15,Not saying having 20 or more is not a bad idea, I would rather have about 30 Ewok Villages, and buy More Tumblers and start buying the Slave 1 and others soon. Nobody can have tons of everything unless you have millions to spend and have unlimited storage space. I have a huge house and every room is getting just about filled. Ed

dont want to derail this thread at all, but real quick and well get it back to ToO but how many TB do you have emazers?

I'm new to this, but I'm in for 3 of these. My goal is to simply sell 2 to pay for the cost of 1. Anything above that is gravy. I could give two craps about LOTR, to be honest, I don't hate it. I don't love it. I simply haven't given the movies or books my time. This set though, transcends any of that. It just looks like a blast to build, to play with, and it turns people's heads when they see it. It's unlike any other set made by lego. I know many people who feel the same as myself. They don't love or hate LOTR and still think this set is really cool and would love to have one. Perhaps I'm being simple mined about it, but that's why I'm investing in this one.I think It's going to be a winner.

• Like 1