some days at work are better than others

jkris53406

That reminds me of a time a few years ago I got to me a wounded EOD troop at a function. I was Air Force EOD, and during a graduation ceremony got to meet a fellow EOD Tech who was wounded (I believe it was Afghanistan.) Anyways, he was a victim of an IED explosion. He lost his vision, scarred up over half of his face, lost an arm at the shoulder, and fragged his leg up really bad. His demeanor was absolutely amazing. He was in such high spirits. Always looked on the bright side on things and found a way to make light of the situation instead of allowing the injuries to drag him down. He was a great motivational speaker. At the ceremony he brought almost everyone to tears (he was the honored guest speaker.) Seeing this like this and other wonderful things is always a welcome site in todays society of such ridiculous partisanship and hatred. It's great to hear that this veteran brightened your day. And it's nice to hear someone doing something kind out of their heart.