Hi from Bangladesh!!!

I'm American but live and work overseas in a little (but extremely densely populated) country called Bangladesh with my family.  I'm a nerd through and through, into comics, gaming ummmmm....  Texas Hold 'Em Poker, ****** Scale model trains (selling those off though), juggling, euro board games, etc. etc. etc.  Too many hobbies.  

So, here comes a new one I guess.  I promised the wife I'd take 'er slow this time and so far so good.  I haven't bought a comic book in 6 weeks now!  I'm so proud.  

Started getting into Legos cuz I stupidly showed Star Wars to my son and he pretty much went nuts.  Wanted Legos.  So, I'd been poking around on Amazon looking at the Star Wars stuff.  Then, after getting tired of not working on my ****** Scale trains for far too long, took a look at the Lego trains and decided I'd give that a try, mostly because they're Legos and I don't have to mess around with glue, paint, paper maiche etc.   That led to the idea that I have extra money (I live in an intensely inexpensive country) so why not speculate some?  I'm a smart guy, right?   We'll see.....

Also, my brother is a big time ebay Lego trader and makes a respectable amount of money doing that although he doesn't flip sets.  He's into buying up lots and selling off the valuable parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! Apart from Amazon, are you able to find lego in the place you live? Is it more expensive?

Yes and no.  There are some sets but they're small, expensive and uninteresting.  Also, they've been sitting on the shelf for years.  I keep hoping to run into one of the more expensive retired sets cheap but nothing so far.  There are tons of huge Chinese knock-off sets though, cheap.   

I go to Thailand often and there are tons of sets there but they're about 2-3 times more expensive there.

Fever dog, are you my clone? I actually worked in Bangladesh for 2.5 years ages ago so I know exactly where you are coming from. I felt like a wealthy man back then and I would order tons of stuff from amazon to my parents house and then coming home to boxes and boxes when I visited the states. It was like christmas. Traffic is much worse there now than it was so if I were you I'd order as many sets as possible so that you can just stay home and build. No sense getting caught in 2 hour traffic jams when you can be building a lego city with your kid.

Fever dog, are you my clone? I actually worked in Bangladesh for 2.5 years ages ago so I know exactly where you are coming from. I felt like a wealthy man back then and I would order tons of stuff from amazon to my parents house and then coming home to boxes and boxes when I visited the states. It was like christmas. Traffic is much worse there now than it was so if I were you I'd order as many sets as possible so that you can just stay home and build. No sense getting caught in 2 hour traffic jams when you can be building a lego city with your kid.

I'd love for that to happen (though I wouldn't move to Bangladesh just for inflated LEGO prices). When you have as small an inventory as I do, adding even 5 sets makes everything look different.

Welcome to the forums, Fever Dog. I'm fairly new here as well and can't go a day without stopping by here. Welcome to the community.

I grew up in India and since the vast majority of retail stores there didn't carry Lego sets back then (and they still don't if my last visit offered any indication), I had to wait for every few months before I could get one from a duty free airport shop there or anywhere else. Something like Amazon or even a phone ordering service would've been so very nice!

I'm not your clone but there's a high probability I know you if you're an American and worked here as an expat.  I've been coming here off and on for more than 10 years.

• Like 1