Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

I just got off the phone to several Myers and they have all told me the same thing.

Take it as you will:

Sydney City and Melbourne City are the only Myers that have the modulars, no other store received an allocation.

Sydney only store with DO.

PS all gone.

Edited by Lucifersfury
  • Like 1

I wonder if Bris city would have any.

I'm working until 6, and then I'm going to myer to gobble up all the remaining Ecto 1s. It's going on the credit card but bugger it. The ROI on this one should grossly outweigh the few dollars in interest that I might pay on the card.

And after this it's time to chill out and hold back on acquiring inventory for a month or so.

Traditionally in my line of work, money is scarce in the first few months of the year.

I wonder if Bris city would have any.

I'm working until 6, and then I'm going to myer to gobble up all the remaining Ecto 1s. It's going on the credit card but bugger it. The ROI on this one should grossly outweigh the few dollars in interest that I might pay on the card.

And after this it's time to chill out and hold back on acquiring inventory for a month or so.

Traditionally in my line of work, money is scarce in the first few months of the year.

How did you go? Were you able to nab anything of worth?

How did you go? Were you able to nab anything of worth?

I only managed to get the last 2 ecto-1s, there were 15 in-store just 36 hours earlier!

That seemed to be the only set flying off the shelves. There was plenty of Lego stock, but nothing else that really took my fancy. The two cargo trains that were there the day before were also gone.

A little disappointed, as I wanted to hoard more. I only got five Ecto-1s all up. Probably for the best, as I didn't have to break the bank buying them.

I only managed to get the last 2 ecto-1s, there were 15 in-store just 36 hours earlier!

That seemed to be the only set flying off the shelves. There was plenty of Lego stock, but nothing else that really took my fancy. The two cargo trains that were there the day before were also gone.

A little disappointed, as I wanted to hoard more. I only got five Ecto-1s all up. Probably for the best, as I didn't have to break the bank buying them.

That's why I run my eBay store in conjunction with buying sets, as everyone needs cashflow!

That's why I run my eBay store in conjunction with buying sets, as everyone needs cashflow!

Definitely a good idea. Problem is I've only been doing this since January and I'm still building up inventory.

I could sell some sets now, but the margins would be thin. My plan is to get some inventory on the market in time for Xmas. Others like 21108 and more exclusive ones I'll hold until after EOL.

Yeah thin margin are unfortunately a necessity of starting a business, especially if you haven't sold on eBay before. However, you will probably want to start building a rep prior to the christmas season.

You are right. I have 40 ebay feedback points, but all as a buyer.

I actually have two sets that I put on Gumtree 2 weeks ago, 75049 and 21018 for $55 and $80 respectively. No takers yet. I should put them on ebay to get the ball rolling. I suppose they might get more interest there.

I used to sell a few used Japanese performance car parts. That was on the various car forum marketplaces, where no fees are applied. I did well, but I see that ebay seems the place to sell lego. Maybe I should advertise on bricklink too?

You are right. I have 40 ebay feedback points, but all as a buyer.

I actually have two sets that I put on Gumtree 2 weeks ago, 75049 and 21018 for $55 and $80 respectively. No takers yet. I should put them on ebay to get the ball rolling. I suppose they might get more interest there.

I used to sell a few used Japanese performance car parts. That was on the various car forum marketplaces, where no fees are applied. I did well, but I see that ebay seems the place to sell lego. Maybe I should advertise on bricklink too?

My honest opinion is to start sooner than later, sell smaller sets at a tight (but profitable) margin in an effort to build up your score as this plays a major part in which seller a buyer will choose. Another tip would be, don't make a statement that you can't or won't sought to achieve - countless times I have bent over backwards and undertaken some crazy requests from buyers (wrapping, birthday cards, delivering, etc) and received no feedback.

Don't expect feedback on every transaction, I'm floating just over 400 but I've had close to 700 transactions, another tip would be not to force feedback as I have heard through others that this has backfired negatively.

If you need anything just give me a yell (at midnight by tapping on the mirror 13 times, chanting my name :) )

Edited by Lucifersfury
  • Like 2

My honest opinion is to start sooner than later, sell smaller sets at a tight (but profitable) margin in an effort to build up your score as this plays a major part in which seller a buyer will choose. Another tip would be, don't make a statement that you can't or won't sought to achieve - countless times I have bent over backwards and undertaken some crazy requests from buyers (wrapping, birthday cards, delivering, etc) and received no feedback.

Don't expect feedback on every transaction, I'm floating just over 400 but I've had close to 700 transactions, another tip would be not to force feedback as I have heard through others that this has backfired negatively.

If you need anything just give me a yell (at midnight by tapping on the mirror 13 times, chanting my name :) )

cheers, thx for the advice :-)

I used to sell on a Honda forum that uses a feedback system similar to ebay. I sold a fair bit and around a third of users didn't bother to leave feedback. Like you said, there's no point chasing anyone for it.I'm also well experienced with encountering time wasters. A necessary part of the business it seems.

I'm up in Newcastle at the moment visiting family and managed to escape to the local shops and was able to grab another haul:

3 x Ecto-1 from Myer - finally :)

Bunch of Forrest, Furry and Rainforest Animals

Some Duplo

I'm up in Newcastle at the moment visiting family and managed to escape to the local shops and was able to grab another haul:

Some Duplo

Nice one, ecto FTW.

I'm guessing you got the last 3 then?

Some Duplo

Nice, ecto1 FTW

I'm guessing you got the last 3?

Sure did could of gotten them cheaper as I had a $50 GC (I paid $20) - I left it in the car :(

oh well, I guess you can use it next time. Are you gonna build one? I've resisted the urge. I have displayed one of the boxes in my living room though. It's mighty purdy :-)

I did open one of my 35 buck snowspeeders. Great set. I am a classic star wars tragic.

oh well, I guess you can use it next time. Are you gonna build one? I've resisted the urge. I have displayed one of the boxes in my living room though. It's mighty purdy :-I did open one of my 35 buck snowspeeders. Great set. I am a classic star wars tragic.

See I'm the opposite, I haven't seen Star Wars much to everyone's horror (another being in the Air Force and hating Top Gun).

Ghostbusters was the origin of my fascination with Hallowe'en, so one will be built :D

See I'm the opposite, I haven't seen Star Wars much to everyone's horror (another being in the Air Force and hating Top Gun).

Ghostbusters was the origin of my fascination with Hallowe'en, so one will be built :D

Nice.

I love the film, was one of my childhood faves. I'm a Bill Murray fan. I recently rewatched the film. The guy from the EPA is real funny, great 80s character.