Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

It is Australian regional slang for Speeding Ticket.

I met a person working at a store today as I was emptying the store of a Steel Book Movies (non Lego) to collect and flip and they were from Australia and they said slang in Australia is very much a regional thing that many would not know Bluey was a Speeding Ticket but he confirmed it was....

Cheers

Some slang is regional, while most is universal. A bluey must be some local country thing. The boys in blue are what some call cops. I like the term 'piggers', or the 'dirty dogs'.

No work for me on Wednesdays, so I headed to my local Myer earlier. Biggest set they had was cargo train. ISD and AT-AT they had (and I want) but at only 20% off I don't see value there. I just got a few ectos @ 55.99 for long term hold. They had more than a dozen of them on the shelf.

Being a full time (work paid for) uni bum, this semester I was able to nab Tues and Thurs off, by the time I'm able to get there is either too early/too late.

Although I do have my partner in crime, chasing down leads for me to grab on the way home (hopefully)

I would buy ecto's all day every day at $56, my Myer doesn't have them unfortunately.

Yea, if I had more funds to spend at the moment, I would've gobbled them all up!

It's crazy how much stock levels and availability vary between stores.

Being a full time (work paid for) uni bum, this semester I was able to nab Tues and Thurs off, by the time I'm able to get there is either too early/too late.

Although I do have my partner in crime, chasing down leads for me to grab on the way home (hopefully)

Timing is a *****. Sometimes it goes our way and other times it doesn't.

• Like 1

Code for target doesn't work anymore. Does big W have new stock reduced this week?

My Big W does have something new that came out for the Dropdown sale. Thats how i manage to grab a Volvo and an Emmet Mech yesterday. IMO some big W stores hold back on some stock so it would last throughout the Dropzone period while other stores just throw all out?

Saw a Benny Spaceshipx3 at the Dropzone in Big W last night. Hesistate to grab it as the seals look like it might have been reapplied on? Anyone encounter this before? With their no return no refunds policy on dropzone items, i wonder what would happen if we got some Lego that is bad. for example rubbish items inside a once returned lego that is now put on sale in the Dropzone.....

Saw a Benny Spaceshipx3 at the Dropzone in Big W last night. Hesistate to grab it as the seals look like it might have been reapplied on? Anyone encounter this before? With their no return no refunds policy on dropzone items, i wonder what would happen if we got some Lego that is bad. for example rubbish items inside a once returned lego that is now put on sale in the Dropzone.....

If your worried, find a staff member and have them open the box and check the bags. That's what I did with my second sea cow. If your reselling it, and the set is in demand, just be honest on eBay and you'll be fine.

Dayum! No modulars for me, but I already spent my allowance anyway. City Myer gets some good sets, but parking costs and traffic can be a biatch.

Did anyone else get any ecto-1 love from Myer, or did I just get lucky?

No Ecto-1 love for me, I really want to get one (or 10) of these sets :)

probably best off leaving it alone IMO

More success today

4x10242

2x10220

1x41063

2x41061

2x41060

1x75072

1x75075

All 27.5%off RRP some were discounted slightly more must have been a catalogue special.

only one other customer in the toy section other than me.

Were you just sitting on a pile of gift cards waiting for sale? 

Were you just sitting on a pile of gift cards waiting for sale? 

They are actually BigW eGift Cards that I exchange as i need them into Wish, Myer or David Jones cards.

Once ordered I get them emailed to me within 3-4 hours then I just print them out and rock up at Woolworths early and get however many gift cards  I think I might need for the day.

The 7.5% offer finished last night but I can still get them 5% off anytime I like through the Entertainment Book website.

The stack wasn't too high they were all $200 and $100 myer gift cards.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years