Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Damn that sucks, same thing happened with me and Minecraft and I only got them once the market was flooded. Is it just me or is Lego getting really slack with shipping out items these days? I placed and order 48 hours ago and it's still just sitting "In Warehouse".

The cheapest Ebay BIN is $58 shipped on the Ice Palace so unfortunately there is no longer money to be made on these. Whats the process with returning stock to Lego?

Unfortunately it is about as streamlined as the New Years debacle. I returned a Tumbler in Nov due to a gash in the box (they lost it and took me 3 months to get the money back). Normally, it's a matter of calling them and getting a return number.

Same in regards to the shipping speed, 72hrs for me.

Just a heads up guys. Big W niw have the Batman Bizarro Dvd and minifigure bundle pack for sale for $16. Supposed to go on yesterday but i only found them display out on the aisle today. Anyone interested in paying $16 for the minifigure best grab it. Last i know is it cost around $30 bucks to get the set from US.

Just a heads up guys. Big W niw have the Batman Bizarro Dvd and minifigure bundle pack for sale for $16. Supposed to go on yesterday but i only found them display out on the aisle today. Anyone interested in paying $16 for the minifigure best grab it. Last i know is it cost arNiund $30 bucks to get the set from US.

Nice, swung by the local after work and after a bit of searching managed to grab 2 (of the last 5 copies) they had.

Wow. How many frozen sets did you stock up on? Where there any double decker couches? I bought a few from Big W. I really have not been around and I can't at the moment as I am already up to my neck in readings for uni assignments. Don't anyone do a masters course, it is brain damaging.   

Hahaha, I think the ship has sailed on Frozen, so I left them on the shelf. But I do share your sentiment with the double decker couch, so far I've picked up two but I will probably pick up two a week till it goes (I have a feeling that it will disappear sooner rather than later).

I wish I had picked up more arctic ice breakers. I could not find them anywhere when I last went into big W. I see the CARG is now great  in most countries on this system. I just checked the double decker couch CARG , don't by anymore, not looking so good.

I wish I had picked up more arctic ice breakers. I could not find them anywhere when I last went into big W. I see the CARG is now great  in most countries on this system. I just checked the double decker couch CARG , don't by anymore, not looking so good.

The Couch came out 2 months ago, if it had positive CAGR then this game would be way too easy.  :cheese:

I wish I had picked up more arctic ice breakers. I could not find them anywhere when I last went into big W. I see the CARG is now great in most countries on this system. I just checked the double decker couch CARG , don't by anymore, not looking so good.

From what I'm seeing, it's the Disney Princess and LEGO Movie lines that aren't performing, and as such I won't be investing in heavily in them. I do think that Double Decker Couch will make you money by parting in the short term, and as a set long

I suppose, I thought it was neat due to the number of mini figures. Wont be buying anymore though. In regards to disney, do you think this will apply to the new star wars sets. I have opted to buy the star wars jedi interceptor, no disney markings. Looking good so far even though there are plenty out there. 

I suppose, I thought it was neat due to the number of mini figures. Wont be buying anymore though. In regards to disney, do you think this will apply to the new star wars sets. I have opted to buy the star wars jedi interceptor, no disney markings. Looking good so far even though there are plenty out there.

Personally think that the Star Wars market is saturated (like Batman) and don't dabble with the force anymore.

Every time I head to the shops SW is a 1/3 of the whole shelf space lol.

Hi there,

I wanted to ask (if anyone has any memory of it) about the 2014 LEGO Advent Calenders, last year well over 1,000 of the Star Wars and almost the same of the City advent calenders were sold on eBay between October and November.  Is there that kind of demand for them, or was there some kind of eBay deal that made them sell that well?  Would it be right to say they essentially wouldn't sell well ongoing?

Thanks in advance!

If anyone wants double decker couches, the kmart near me has a half a shelf devoted to it. I passed up on it , but did see the friends light house and hot air balloon. Flip or miss?

Depends on what your investment strategy is regarding the theme. I'm not overly stocking up on things that have recently become active due to the distance away from Xmas (I will stock up like crazy in Jul/Aug for Xmas). I feel with the new Elves theme being released a lot of the "Friends" fan base will progress on to the fresh new theme (considering LEGO are rehashing a lot of their Friends sets - Heartlake Vet, etc) with the theme only being a couple of years old it seems that the older "fans" may have already seen that set. 

Another thing that irks me in regards to the friends theme is the lack of natural progression from Duplo ==> Juniors ==> Friends, we have Duplo Princesses, and Princess "Big LEGO" but nothing Friends related to entice the up and comings children.

Hopefully that makes sense, as I'm currently going crazy thinking about elasticity of demand for economics (when will the pain end :)

Edited by Lucifersfury

Elasticity of demand!!! God I hated just the thought of micro and macro in my undergrad, though went on to stats go figure. Now I have returned to do criminology as I love crime data. I should really be able to measure the trend /characteristic of people knocking off lego. Ah, and you would be able to show the responsiveness to lego's change in price as a result. 

Edited by AFFOL