Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

There was a poster a few months ago who purchased from Avanco and said the item was dropshipped, maybe he uses a few different methods of selling.

He did say that he can also source sets that aren't in his stockpile, in which case I guess he would go through a 3rd party.

Seems like a nice guy, Asian Aussie, I got a PS and stressed I was after MISB. I got a perfect one and asked if he had any more. He told me he still had a few more PS, but no more mint-boxed ones. I almost bought a GE from him, but he said the boxes on his stock all have shelf wear (+the fact that they were already marked up to $350), so I passed. I'd like to build the GE, but the investor in me doesn't wanna pay over RRP. The AFOL in me seems to get vetoed by the Brickpicker in me of late.

Anyway, I digress. I'm sure he does have 10+ TH, but at 400 bucks a pop, there are better ways to spend your capital. The TH is gone and IMO I'd recommend buying the Palace Cinema. My guess is it came out when the AUD was high, hence it is the cheapest Modular at only 199 RRP and it's already 2 years old. 

As this guy is local for me, I can see before I buy as I am anal about MISB. SAH works out (only just) slightly cheaper if you take into account VIP points, but buying local gets rid of the chance of getting a mangled box that's travelled from the other side of the earth.

• Like 1

Thanks for the extra info Mike, it's good to get more information on this seller. I imagine if you build a relationship with him he should be able to offer you items cheaper than his Ebay store as well as he saves on the fees.

Avanco would have to be the "biggest fish" of the Ebay resellers in Australia, and it's good to see he adjusts his prices in line with market value. If he's sitting on a swag of Town Halls and other retired exclusives he could have a significant impact on the price of these items within Australia.  

Thanks for the extra info Mike, it's good to get more information on this seller. I imagine if you build a relationship with him he should be able to offer you items cheaper than his Ebay store as well as he saves on the fees.

Avanco would have to be the "biggest fish" of the Ebay resellers in Australia, and it's good to see he adjusts his prices in line with market value. If he's sitting on a swag of Town Halls and other retired exclusives he could have a significant impact on the price of these items within Australia.  

No worries, glad to help.

Looking at the price of Town Hall and this has appreciated nicely in Australia in the last month, it slowly looks to be catching up to the US prices. There's only one left at $500 and then 2 listings to sell through before it hits $600, it should be there by the end of the month at this rate.

I regret not picking up more when it was available (and when Myer had that sale in December!), but such is the life of a brickpicker.... so many regrets.  :cheese:

Did anyone buy a Helicarrier?

Didn't plan to initially but the Winter Soldier poly swayed me 

That poly is getting ridiculous money on Ebay at the moment, in the $55-$70 range overseas! 

Did you buy it for resell or personal collection?

That poly is getting ridiculous money on Ebay at the moment, in the $55-$70 range overseas! 

Did you buy it for resell or personal collection?

Yet to decide

The reviews haven't really painted it in a positive light so I might just wait and see if there is any demand for it here. 

Painting Easter Eggs are back for preorder, I originally ordered 9 but have up'd that to 17.

For some reason this set appeals to me, don't mind waiting till next Easter to offload

Thanks for the heads up, I'm putting an order in tonight. I'm going to get quite a few of all the seasonal sets this year, I think they'll all be winners.

On another note the TRU sale is now live online, although postage seems to negate any substantial discount when shopping online. If anyone wants Sopwith Camels at a good price this would be your last chance, however these seem to be a dud seller in Australia at least (well so far anyway).

Thanks for the heads up, I'm putting an order in tonight. I'm going to get quite a few of all the seasonal sets this year, I think they'll all be winners.

On another note the TRU sale is now live online, although postage seems to negate any substantial discount when shopping online. If anyone wants Sopwith Camels at a good price this would be your last chance, however these seem to be a dud seller in Australia at least (well so far anyway).

Also been on the TRU sale and the only thing that appeals to me isn't available online (Brick Suitcase), I finish uni early tomorrow so I might swing past my local on the way home and see if they have any in stock or they do the normal "a sale is on, so only one of each set on the shelf".

If they bring out a Halloween theme set like has been predicted on the other forums, I think I'll sell out LEGO single handed :D

• Like 1

Hey why didn't you mention you get a bonus Elves polybag?! :-)

Anyone here based in Melbourne and feel like spending a lot of money:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bulk-Lego-Modular-Buildings-Including-Green-Grocer-/221705883996?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item339eb3515c

I did but it was in the "Painting Easter Egg" forum :)

So far I've grabbed 3 Elves and 3 Duplo Snails. 

Duplo Snails to take over the world :D

Hey why didn't you mention you get a bonus Elves polybag?! :-)

Anyone here based in Melbourne and feel like spending a lot of money:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bulk-Lego-Modular-Buildings-Including-Green-Grocer-/221705883996?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item339eb3515c

Holy beep. Only if they had the first two original modulars. May bid. But just for the green grocer, I will have to see where this finishes. I will continue my thoughts over some campari, vermouth and gin in a glass with ice, ahhhh. 

Edited by AFFOL

Just checked the link to the modulars on ebay,  bidding was at around $400, now it is over $2000 so I am out. 

I'd be quite curious to as high people on here will think it will go, personally I'm thinking $2250 max, even at $2000 I think its a bit steep for whats included.

Grabbed a couple of the Double-Decker Couches from my local BIG W and noticed about 10 Frozen sets on the shelf. Looks like the Frozen ride is over, my order shipped stupidly late from LEGO (ordered 05 Jan, shipped 17 Feb 15) so thinking it may be better off just returning them.

Grabbed a couple of the Double-Decker Couches from my local BIG W and noticed about 10 Frozen sets on the shelf. Looks like the Frozen ride is over, my order shipped stupidly late from LEGO (ordered 05 Jan, shipped 17 Feb 15) so thinking it may be better off just returning them.

Painting Easter Eggs are back for preorder, I originally ordered 9 but have up'd that to 17.

For some reason this set appeals to me, don't mind waiting till next Easter to offload

Yoz Lucifersfury, you ordered these thru LEGO Shop at Home? no ban hammer for buying 17 sets at one go?

No one can outsmart the devil, not even LEGO's ban hammer.

But in all seriousness, like most things, there are ways of circumventing a system plus I don't think that it exists in Australia because I ordered probably about 60 of each Minecraft sets in November and nothing was said.

No one can outsmart the devil, not even LEGO's ban hammer.

But in all seriousness, like most things, there are ways of circumventing a system plus I don't think that it exists in Australia because I ordered probably about 60 of each Minecraft sets in November and nothing was said.

I guess you might have multiple accounts? oh well if the ban hammer exists here is Australia then it would really sucks since our lego price over here is also one of the highest....more than US that is.....

Damn that sucks, same thing happened with me and Minecraft and I only got them once the market was flooded. Is it just me or is Lego getting really slack with shipping out items these days? I placed and order 48 hours ago and it's still just sitting "In Warehouse".

The cheapest Ebay BIN is $58 shipped on the Ice Palace so unfortunately there is no longer money to be made on these. Whats the process with returning stock to Lego?