Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

nothing too exciting but myers having a BOGO 50% off so that 25% off each similar price item. offer end 1st March (sunday)

I'm wondering why I don't hear about these sales. I'm on the darn mailing list. Does it apply to online purchases as well?

I did order a couple of sets from the 20% off tip posted here last week. Arrived today. Very well packed and MISB.

DO would be great, but what about some architecture? Or have they yet to restock their shelves from after christmas. Our Myers is pathetic.

I wouldn't rely on B&M Myer to have any of the better or rarer sets like architecture in store.

My 20% off purchase last week was an online purchase, and it was Architecture.

Not sure if this is an exception, but the 20% was applied to online as well as instore.

Nice one, so you got 2 for $75? That has quick flip written all over it! I give it about a week before prices come crashing back down to earth.

I checked out my local Myer yesterday but there wasn't really anything of interest, none of the new stuff was in.  I might just get some of the small architecture sets for myself for personal build.

Nice one, so you got 2 for $75? That has quick flip written all over it! I give it about a week before prices come crashing back down to earth.

I checked out my local Myer yesterday but there wasn't really anything of interest, none of the new stuff was in.  I might just get some of the small architecture sets for myself for personal build.

Didn't purchase any (got two double decker couches though) but I might go back tomorrow to pick up a couple.  Will be interesting to see how many are left as there were plenty available.

Frozen sets have hit Myer. If purchased at Buy 1 get 1 50% I think that these can still be flipped for a tidy profit on eBay

So the only reason the prices on eBay are inflated on this set is because it wasn't available till now right? So only quick flips on this one until everyone else figures they're available in stores?

Hot for retailers? Yes.

Hot for resellers wanting to make a margin after fees and postage when it is widely available at RRP? No.

Could always have cash on pick via gumtree. However, I have not seen this set in the flesh in my region, is it truly that widely available? 

Could always have cash on pick via gumtree. However, I have not seen this set in the flesh in my region, is it truly that widely available? 

Not yet, but give it a few weeks and it will be, the fact that they have been spotted at Myer is a very strong indicator they will be everywhere soon. Once they are available at retail outlets the price on the secondary market will come plummeting back down to earth.

A good example of this is how all the Minecraft sets were selling on Ebay for above 2x RRP in November and December because they were released overseas but not in Australia. Even as recent as January The Farm was averaging cose to 2x RRP:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=21114-1

Now if you go to Ebay and look at the sold prices on the set you can see the effect that retail availability has on the price of a set.

Urgh our dropshipping mate Avanco is back in business:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/avanco/m.html?item=111519351166&hash=item19f712417e&pt=AU_LEGO&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I do wonder if he really has 10+ Town Halls?

I'm quite sure I bought a set off him from gumtree. Pickup locations are same as the ebay ad. Says he has a warehouse on the ad,

Big seller here in QLD by the looks of things, he had a few MISB large sets with him when I picked up. I might buy from him again, he sells large exclusives for 10-20 bucks off RRP, at least ones that are still available from SAH.

What made you think he's a drop shipper?

Edited by mike_eldorado

I'm quite sure I bought a set off him from gumtree. Pickup locations are same as the ebay ad. Says he has a warehouse on the ad,

Big seller here in QLD by the looks of things, he had a few MISB large sets with him when I picked up. I might buy from him again, he sells large exclusives for 10-20 bucks off RRP, at least ones that are still available from SAH.

What made you think he's a drop shipper?

He's not a drop shipper from the description of his items, by the looks he may be a wholesaler with a courier deal (hence why he only posts to ACT, NSW & QLD).

I'm glad that he has raised his prices on retired sets as it gives the market an indication that is the platform that items will be sold at.

Like the market at the moment (who has become inundated with new sellers, which will probably be half gone by Christmas) he only really presents a threat to QF or those that engage in this more than a hobby.