Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

alright.....who is the one the got the cafe corner on gumtree just now for $150?....darn i missed it by a couple of minutes.....

I think that's the first time I have heard a gumtree price being similar to US's CL.

I periodically check and all the "unwanted gifts" are priced higher than retail and eBay resellers.

Went in to my local Big W after a two week break and they no longer have the arctic range. Is there something I missed. I understand that most of it is still available through the lego shop. By the way that exo suit is quite a cute set, but how well will it sell here? I have yet to buy one.

Went in to my local Big W after a two week break and they no longer have the arctic range. Is there something I missed. I understand that most of it is still available through the lego shop. By the way that exo suit is quite a cute set, but how well will it sell here? I have yet to buy one.

I was just down my local and they had the ice-breaker still ($128) but can't remember seeing anything else.

I think the exo will be a 1 or 2 item not an all in

hmmm, I think you have answered your own question about whether to get any exo suits, perhaps 1 may be fine. In other themes, Minecrap, oh sorry minecraft seems to be in surplus apart from the small set with the zombie character. Is this worth putting away for halloween? I bet however that they will pump this lot out until a new game takes it's place.  

hmmm, I think you have answered your own question about whether to get any exo suits, perhaps 1 may be fine. In other themes, Minecrap, oh sorry minecraft seems to be in surplus apart from the small set with the zombie character. Is this worth putting away for halloween? I bet however that they will pump this lot out until a new game takes it's place.

Yeah I would love to grab one for myself but can't justify doing a $200+ order to nab one. If they go on sale, that will be a different story ;)

Personally, I think the boat has sailed on MC, the wider public have been exposed to the RRP prices and would be reluctant to pay past that especially in the short term - as for Halloween (my favourite holiday ;) I would await the release of the Scooby Doo sets and see how they initially go, but I also think these will be mid-long term and only a seasonal set like MFs.

Is it just me, or does nothing jump out and scream buy me from the current line up.

Yeah I would love to grab one for myself but can't justify doing a $200+ order to nab one. If they go on sale, that will be a different story ;)

Personally, I think the boat has sailed on MC, the wider public have been exposed to the RRP prices and would be reluctant to pay past that especially in the short term - as for Halloween (my favourite holiday ;) I would await the release of the Scooby Doo sets and see how they initially go, but I also think these will be mid-long term and only a seasonal set like MFs.

Is it just me, or does nothing jump out and scream buy me from the current line up.

There is nothing from the current line up that  is appealing. I was even disturbed to find bionicle back on the shelves with hero parts.  It could be that lego have saturated the market so that we have become desensitised to anything new! 

That's probably not a bad thing, my wallet needs a bit of a break!

You're right though there's nothing in stores that really says "buy me!" at the moment. Sets I think that will do well long term are the three OT Star Wars sets; Cantina, AT-AT and ISD, but these all have a lot of shelf life left in them. Maybe Bennys Spaceship if bought at a discount which might be done by mid-year, that's about it really. Of the remaining in-store exclusives nothing excites me too much, I'm not too confident on the Sea Cow, Ewok Village or Simpsons House, even with 20% off it might take a while after EOL for these to pay a decent return.

Unfortunately the crappy Australian Dollar has taken away many options of bargain buys from the US, which makes life tough for us! 

• Like 1

That's probably not a bad thing, my wallet needs a bit of a break!

You're right though there's nothing in stores that really says "buy me!" at the moment. Sets I think that will do well long term are the three OT Star Wars sets; Cantina, AT-AT and ISD, but these all have a lot of shelf life left in them. Maybe Bennys Spaceship if bought at a discount which might be done by mid-year, that's about it really. Of the remaining in-store exclusives nothing excites me too much, I'm not too confident on the Sea Cow, Ewok Village or Simpsons House, even with 20% off it might take a while after EOL for these to pay a decent return.

Unfortunately the crappy Australian Dollar has taken away many options of bargain buys from the US, which makes life tough for us! 

Same in regards to the wallet, my LEGO fund is creeping back to healthy levels after offloading a couple of TH to the US. I've built Benny's Spaceship (my favourite part of the movie) and whilst it looks ok, it's nothing special, in fact it has fallen apart a couple of times due to being gently picked up and moved - so I think i'll stay away from anymore. 

I'm looking at a TB, but I'll wait till double VIP day and pick one up as much as my wife loathes my LEGO collection that has taken over the garage she does seem to know what to choose :)

I know that some of you don't rate it and I only have three of them, but good to see that AA is unavailable online

http://www.target.com.au/p/lego-reg-super-heroes-batman-arkham-asylum-breakout/53867810

Those eBay buyers must have eaten up a fair chunk of their stock

I think it normally vanishes after their sale and materialises again on the next sale - but also hoping it's done.

I have 2 but I think it's an expensive presentation piece with limited playability however that may change and may be a winner bundled with the upcoming Jokerland, after all Batman needs somewhere to dump the Villains.

Have noticed that Mr Freeze doesn't seem to have made a reappearance.

AA looked cool, especially with all those minfigures, but playability wise the cell block design was a total disaster. I give you thumbs up for making the effort to buy them, I hope you do well in your endeavours. I am thinking to flog some expired sets at auction houses. I have seen tubs of lego with incomplete/incomprehensible mix of sets go for quite stupid prices. I may tease them first with some architecture sets. If it does not sell with a reserve so be it. I am starting to run out of space.

AA looked cool, especially with all those minfigures, but playability wise the cell block design was a total disaster. I give you thumbs up for making the effort to buy them, I hope you do well in your endeavours. I am thinking to flog some expired sets at auction houses. I have seen tubs of lego with incomplete/incomprehensible mix of sets go for quite stupid prices. I may tease them first with some architecture sets. If it does not sell with a reserve so be it. I am starting to run out of space.

Also having a space issue, recently went to Costco and picked up some massive shelving racks that take up the length of one wall - and the sad part is, it will be full probably in a month :)

Have noticed that Mr Freeze doesn't seem to have made a reappearance.

I did notice this so I bought up on the set 76000 (Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze) at about a $35 buyin per set, however there seem to be lots of sellers of this set at the moment. I think DC Superheroes were a good investment for a while but the market just seems so flooded with batman variants these days. 

I think AA will do fine, it's just going to take a while. We've been spoiled by sets like HH, GE and TH which are providing a fantastic return just months after their retirement.

I did notice this so I bought up on the set 76000 (Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze) at about a $35 buyin per set, however there seem to be lots of sellers of this set at the moment. I think DC Superheroes were a good investment for a while but the market just seems so flooded with batman variants these days.

I think AA will do fine, it's just going to take a while. We've been spoiled by sets like HH, GE and TH which are providing a fantastic return just months after their retirement.

I think that's enviable with any line that seems to make a decent ROI, I forecast that we will see a lot more competition regarding the modulars as more and more realise they are a decent mid-term investment.

I've noticed that too, they mustn't be making much money. I'm not too concerned about it but it does eliminate any quick flipping opportunity on some of the larger sets. Once any of those sets retire however the dropshippers will soon be caught out with no stock and won't be able to make any long term gains.