Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

I'd be shocked to see R2 back (don't think it's been round since early Dec.?) but I hope it does reappear so I can get more.

Agree that Arkham Asylum won't grow and take off in Aus, however with the way our Dollar is against the USD and the fact Batman is insanely popular in the US, there's potential to sell it for a tidy profit, especially now that its retired.

I think a lot of our sales to the U.S. are generally investors that believe the set will grow heavily (TH), so I'd be curious as to see how this performs.

Having said that I'm glad that I grabbed (only) 2, I can always offload one and build the other.

Just picked up a 10188 DS from BigW for $598, $100 off RRP. There aren't many out there and you have to call the main number on the website to see which stores have stock. Box was a bit worn but this will be a build set for the kids on a rainy weekend. There are 3 at Werribee VIC for anyone interested.

Just picked up a 10188 DS from BigW for $598, $100 off RRP. There aren't many out there and you have to call the main number on the website to see which stores have stock. Box was a bit worn but this will be a build set for the kids on a rainy weekend. There are 3 at Werribee VIC for anyone interested.

Wow, I didn't even know Big W carried these. That's probably as good a price as you'll get in Australia, unless the set makes it until May when Lego has their regular 15% off Star Wars sale.

I'd be quite interested to see what DJs and Myer have as their new exclusives since neither seem to stock modulate anymore

I was at Myer picking up the Bike Shop and Cafe during their 20% off sale, had a chat with the lego rep there (she was wearing a lego shirt) seems like they'll be getting the Detectives Office and the Mini Cooper "in a couple of weeks". Take it for what it's worth.

I was at Myer picking up the Bike Shop and Cafe during their 20% off sale, had a chat with the lego rep there (she was wearing a lego shirt) seems like they'll be getting the Detectives Office and the Mini Cooper "in a couple of weeks". Take it for what it's worth.

I contacted a store and they said they can't tell when they are comin in but check in a couple of weeks.

They also found them in the system and gave me their listed pricing.

Mini Cooper $149

Detective's Office $229

I didn't bother to ask about introductory pricing or discounts but I wouldn't rule those out.

• Like 1

I contacted a store and they said they can't tell when they are comin in but check in a couple of weeks.

They also found them in the system and gave me their listed pricing.

Mini Cooper $149

Detective's Office $229

I didn't bother to ask about introductory pricing or discounts but I wouldn't rule those out.

Nice, I'll probably pick up a couple of the DO when they arrive. I reckon probably $139/199 as a guess for intro.

These will be long term holds as I can't see the mini going anywhere considering how long the VW has been doing its road trip

Guys what do you think of the investment potential for this lego set with a unique Aqua blue Vespa/scooter

Lego Friends Mia's Lemonade Stand (retired)

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Mia-s-Lemonade-Stand-41027

It's at $10 on bigw online and normal RRP was $16

Looking at bricklink the unique Aqua scooter is around $3-7 just for that one part.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=122961&colorID=152

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

Nice, I'll probably pick up a couple of the DO when they arrive. I reckon probably $139/199 as a guess for intro.

These will be long term holds as I can't see the mini going anywhere considering how long the VW has been doing its road trip

Yep, fingers crossed for a buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 50% off 2nd set sale running when they are released.

Definitely long term holds but I won't be buying unless they are discounted.

I bought one just for the scooter!!

May have to get some more.

I bought a few, I think there was around 42 left last time I checked after my order.

I'm probably taking a gamble on this one by ordering so many of them.

They also had a friends lifeguard set at $10 but I didn't see anything in it that would make it a good investment.

Another one I missed was the 120 ARKAM ASSYLUM sets on target's eBay store at 20% off.

I was undecided on whether or not it'll do well, by the time I thought I will order 2 just in case, they were all gone.

I have 2, but can only see them as an overseas investment (OS buying from us) can't see the potential on the home front

Guys what do you think of the investment potential for this lego set with a unique Aqua blue Vespa/scooter

Looking at bricklink the unique Aqua scooter is around $3-7 just for that one part.

Before going all in check to see the sales on eBay and ascertain if there are any counterfeit products as Friends is rife with them.

Before going all in check to see the sales on eBay and ascertain if there are any counterfeit products as Friends is rife with them.

BigW stock should be genuine, I bought from their website not ebay, in any case my order is already shipped and on its way to me.

Here is a link to the item for those interested.

http://www.bigw.com.au/christmas-shop/for-kids/lego-mia-lemonade-41027-127041.htm?clID=0

BigW stock should be genuine, I bought from their website not ebay, in any case my order is already shipped and on its way to me.

Here is a link to the item for those interested.

http://www.bigw.com.au/christmas-shop/for-kids/lego-mia-lemonade-41027-127041.htm?clID=0

Wasn't referring to BIG W's stock.

Unfortunately, The Friends line is highly counterfeited :(

If selling as a set, taking a $10 buyin cost and assuming you are selling on Ebay, it'll cost you $7.20 each time you want to post one of these. Add in your 12.5% Ebay and Paypal fees, you will need to sell each one of these for $19.30 to just break even. Looking at the sold items on Ebay, I can only see 4 of this set that has sold in the entire year, meaning demand is nearly non existent for this set. So looking at the numbers I think this would be a terrible investment, unless you see something in this set that people aren't currently seeing.

• Like 1