Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Australia Post are getting worse and worse.

Plus they're about to up postage prices again in March too.

They better divert some of that extra revenue into improving and streamlining the service.

I highly doubt that as from what I hear they are far from a profitable business at the moment, I think the problem lies with accountability of their employees and the lack of repercussions, but I can personally say this also applies to "government" organisation that I work for also.

For anyone still interested in picking up some reasonably priced Town Halls, this place near me had 3 left as on this morning:

http://www.toycorner.com.au/10224-town-hall

Was going to place an order online, but when it comes to payment, it says someone will contact you to get your payment details over the phone, not sure if it was trustworthy that way so I passed. Great deal if you could get one in store though!!

Thanks jkaesler for the heads up!

Edited by Silliebaby

I think I'll be giving the exo a miss, will concentrate more on the ecto instead.

I've started to stockpile these as well, some at RRP and some at 20% off. It's a brilliant set and a sure fire winner. 

I only came out of the dark ages late last year and it was one of the first sets that I purchased along with the VW van. I imagine that down the line there will be many more who experience the same urge when they see the light. 

I've started to stockpile these as well, some at RRP and some at 20% off. It's a brilliant set and a sure fire winner. 

I only came out of the dark ages late last year and it was one of the first sets that I purchased along with the VW van. I imagine that down the line there will be many more who experience the same urge when they see the light. 

I'm not entirely sold on the ECTO-1, although having said that I haven't been keeping an eye on the BTTF Delorean either. I am a massive Halloween/Ghostbusters/Spooky fan but with the new movie featuring an all female cast and possibly a new vehicle I can see a massive intake of nostalgic fans taking them by storm - I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see this set do well.

Lowest shipped price on Town Hall has now hit $470 on Ebay, and there are only 8 sellers with 12 total sets listed for Australia. It will be interesting to see how quickly those in the $470-$500 stick around, I think they'll be lucky to last 2 months. What price are people here going to start selling at? I'm thinking $550, which they should hopefully hit by mid year. 

Lowest shipped price on Town Hall has now hit $470 on Ebay, and there are only 8 sellers with 12 total sets listed for Australia. It will be interesting to see how quickly those in the $470-$500 stick around, I think they'll be lucky to last 2 months. What price are people here going to start selling at? I'm thinking $550, which they should hopefully hit by mid year. 

I have 3 on eBay at the moment for $500 + Shipping, I'll be reducing the stock down to 2 with a view to store another 2 for later. Once 1 is nabbed at 500, I'll either take the remaining offline, or up the price to $600.

Also anyone else notice the Ebay seller AVANCO has totally disappeared from Ebay?! He had 10+ available of GE and TH just a few days back and now I can't see any listings from this seller. 

Just had a look at the store page, says that he/she is away until Feb 23rd

As for the Town Halls, I am in for the long haul and won't be touching them until Christmas 2016 at the earliest.

I have 3 on eBay at the moment for $500 + Shipping, I'll be reducing the stock down to 2 with a view to store another 2 for later. Once 1 is nabbed at 500, I'll either take the remaining offline, or up the price to $600.

Good thinking, I'm sure it won't take too long for you to sell one for $500.

Just jumped off the phone to LEGO CS regarding the missing 5x RI and was originally offered "$150 value of LEGO chosen by them". I think that the CS Rep was taken by surprise when I laughed out loud thinking I would receive $150 worth of CHIMA. Then offered me $150 worth of LEGO chosen by myself or a refund. 

The reason why I was offered this in lieu of an additional 5x RI was due to the system telling her production run had finished on "31 Dec 14", take it what its worth but I tend to believe her as she was originally going to reorder 5x RI and was taken aback and truly apologetic.

So as I stands I will be hoarding my 5x RI that I did receive from a different order as I don't think they'll be on again.

Looks like LEGO's (in)competence has reared it's ugly head again. My order of 5x RI & 4x Busy Farms has been delivered. The shipping note states the order, with only the 4x Busy Farms in the box. Well done LEGO, well done  :clapping:

What date did you order? Has me slightly worried about my 5 that are in transit.