Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

When you call eBay customer service, complain (constructively) about the automatic defect registering when a buyer chooses "I haven't received my item" to send you a message about shipping delays or just plain impatience.

The handful of reps I have discussed it with agree to varying degrees that it doesn't make sense, and always promise to forward it up the chain. This has been in place waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long already.

Let's pile on the pressure... it is just ridiculous. How hard is it to just have two choices:

"I have a question or problem I want to try to work out with the seller"

and

"I need to resolve a problem the seller has already failed to help me with"

yeah its frustrating.  Had one yesterday.  Same thing.  Paid on the 19th, shipped the 20th, hasn't been received.  It had been 4 business days with ridiculous amounts of snow and ice across much of the country.  Contacted her asking why she didn't just email instead of opening a case / request.  No  response.

They have set up a system in which it is very hard to keep hitting it trying to eliminate as much top rated discounts as they can.   I just counter it with lots of mundane sales in addition to my normal sales.  If they are going to have a retarded system set up then I will combat it with hundreds of polybag and keychain sales.  

Had a neutral for an item that was listed as missing a crystal (it was a ring).  The lady leaves a neutral stating "I'm upset I didn't read the ad and now I have to go buy a crystal".   So because someone was not competent enough to read the ad and look at the pictures my score is hurt.  Great system lol.

They have set up a system in which it is very hard to keep hitting it trying to eliminate as much top rated discounts as they can.   I just counter it with lots of mundane sales in addition to my normal sales.  If they are going to have a retarded system set up then I will combat it with hundreds of polybag and keychain sales.  

Isn't that also what they wanted to happen ? Quantity above quality ?

Isn't that also what they wanted to happen ? Quantity above quality ?

I really don't know what they want anymore.  From there actions they want big corporations like Amazon now and not the individual business owners.  Those companies are obviously exempt from scores as if you compare my numbers to the big companies I crush them in every aspect yet I barely hit TRS some months.  They would definitely not be hitting it.

Some of the things they have done are good and eliminating a lot of sellers has helped raise prices to be competitive with Amazon so I do like that.

Just a score system that they marketed as easier to hit which was complete BS from the get go if you were smart and realized how many more scores they were computing against you is my issue.  

The only reason they did it was to get rid of more TRS discounts.  2k a month in saved fees by however many sellers like myself there are adds up a lot and takes away profitability.

I don't think they want quantity from regular users and business owners but more from corporations hence all the harder limits on smaller sellers etc.   The corporations don't want the competition from the individuals either.  They have to keep them happy more than the regular users that made it what it was from day 1.

• Like 1

I really don't know what they want anymore.  From there actions they want big corporations like Amazon now and not the individual business owners.  Those companies are obviously exempt from scores as if you compare my numbers to the big companies I crush them in every aspect yet I barely hit TRS some months.  They would definitely not be hitting it.

Some of the things they have done are good and eliminating a lot of sellers has helped raise prices to be competitive with Amazon so I do like that.

Just a score system that they marketed as easier to hit which was complete BS from the get go if you were smart and realized how many more scores they were computing against you is my issue.  

The only reason they did it was to get rid of more TRS discounts.  2k a month in saved fees by however many sellers like myself there are adds up a lot and takes away profitability.

I don't think they want quantity from regular users and business owners but more from corporations hence all the harder limits on smaller sellers etc.   The corporations don't want the competition from the individuals either.  They have to keep them happy more than the regular users that made it what it was from day 1.

If you or I or anyone else on here had TRUs eBay feedback, we would no longer be on eBay.

If you or I or anyone else on here had TRUs eBay feedback, we would no longer be on eBay.

yep agreed.  I've mentioned it a time or two but the 98% minimum feedback score was taken out of the requirements to sell on ebay for that reason alone.  They've been under since the last new defect rating system took place.  That is when they took that 98% requirement out.

At least they finally took the TRS badge off of them.  It was kind of ridiculous that they got to keep it so long as there was no way on possible even under the old system that they were keeping 0.5% or less yet they still had the badge.

When you call eBay customer service, complain (constructively) about the automatic defect registering when a buyer chooses "I haven't received my item" to send you a message about shipping delays or just plain impatience.

The handful of reps I have discussed it with agree to varying degrees that it doesn't make sense, and always promise to forward it up the chain. This has been in place waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long already.

Let's pile on the pressure... it is just ridiculous. How hard is it to just have two choices:

"I have a question or problem I want to try to work out with the seller"

and

"I need to resolve a problem the seller has already failed to help me with"

I've never understood the design of ebay's interface, it's horrible from a  usability standpoint.  Add on the fact that buyers don't know that sending a simple message will open a case and it becomes beyond frustrating.

I don't understand why they don't just have two mutually exclusive options:

1) Send a message

2) Open a case

I for the life of me don't understand why the link opening a case with sending messages.

• Like 2

I've never understood the design of ebay's interface, it's horrible from a  usability standpoint.  Add on the fact that buyers don't know that sending a simple message will open a case and it becomes beyond frustrating.

1) Send a message

2) Open a case

I for the life of me don't understand why the link opening a case with sending messages.

that is the part that bothers me the most.  In most cases the buyer genuinely does not know they are hurting you.  Which is very deceptive in the fact that they do want it to hurt your score so they can avoid the discount.  I've had buyers apologize and say I just thought it was the way to contact you as that is how it is laid out and offer to close it which still doesn't matter as the ding has already taken place and does not come off. There is no warning message to the buyer letting them know you are about to hurt there account like when you used to leave a negative or neutral it gave you a warning.  

If you don't want to give the 20% discount then just get rid of it.  Don't leave it dangling out there for people only to try to take every advantage possible not to give it to someone.

They always promoted work out problems, communicate and try to resolve an issue before getting ebay involved yet now everything auto directs to a return, a request, or a case which all hurts the sellers score.

1) Send a message

2) Open a case

There is nothing transaction wise that it helps.

It gives you a defect, and creates an environment for hostile communication between the buyer and seller (as most buyers are not intending to open a case, didn't realize that they did, and the seller doesn't realize that the buyer did not intend to open a case - meanwhile, the damage has already been done).

• Like 1

I suppose that will work the first ten times or until she notices 'the look' from others causing her to realize you had lied to her about the dress then you'll be in even worse water for the dress and the lie. A couple doesn't have to tell each other everything but if either cannot be honest with their significant other or themselves, it isn't much of a relationship. Sorry. I know all this conversation has merely been made in jest then I go and made the thread real again. Funny thing is I know my own Mother would have laughed at the dress remark. Ha.

Oh I agree, I can be blunt with my honesty when it comes to stuff my wife wears. I'm laid back and my style shows it, her, the opposite. :-) I'm learning to think before I just blurt out any nonsense when she asks me how she looks.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

/rant.on

eBay needs to eliminate the feedback system, and replace it with an auto generated rating system.  For buyers, you get rating points for completing transactions within the specified time, and have an automatic negative entered if you don't complete a transaction.  For sellers, you get points for uploading tracking info within specified times, and negative points only for buyer-filed cases which are investigated and upheld by eBay without adequate seller response.  If a seller accepts a return or otherwise satisfies a buyers complaint, that information does count against them.  

Feedback is out of control, useless, and subject to a minority of exploitive eBay buyers that essentially use the threat of negative feedback as a form of extortion.  

/rant.off

• Like 1

I can remember reading some of those 'feedback battles' on Bricklink over the years where the buyer would leave a comment, seller retorts with a rebuttal, buyer returns with another, seller strikes back, and so on. I can't recall what the longest line of absolute absurdity between buyer and seller was but a handful of them did get pretty lengthy. If there is a problem contact the other person directly as a grownup should instead of bickering through the feedback system in the open like a tantrum throwing toddler.

Oh I agree, I can be blunt with my honesty when it comes to stuff my wife wears. I'm laid back and my style shows it, her, the opposite. :-)

I realize there can be a degree of being too blunt in a response and my original wisecrack is something that would never be said seriously but sarcastically when things reached the point where such could be said with both sides knowing it was only a joke. If it weren't for my job, I probably would dress even more relaxed than I do now which isn't saying much honestly.

I'm learning to think before I just blurt out any nonsense when she asks me how she looks.

It is a good idea to try "look before you leap" as the saying goes and figure the best way of getting a point across respectfully.

I can remember reading some of those 'feedback battles' on Bricklink over the years where the buyer would leave a comment, seller retorts with a rebuttal, buyer returns with another, seller strikes back, and so on. I can't recall what the longest line of absolute absurdity between buyer and seller was but a handful of them did get pretty lengthy. If there is a problem contact the other person directly as a grownup should instead of bickering through the feedback system in the open like a tantrum throwing toddler.

I realize there can be a degree of being too blunt in a response and my original wisecrack is something that would never be said seriously but sarcastically when things reached the point where such could be said with both sides knowing it was only a joke. If it weren't for my job, I probably would dress even more relaxed than I do now which isn't saying much honestly.

It is a good idea to try "look before you leap" as the saying goes and figure the best way of getting a point across respectfully.

There needs to be some balance as well, for example my wife knows better than asking me that kind of question unless she wants the honest answer.  When asked, I would give honest to the point answers, without any of the sarcastic or over the top tones.  Honest feedback was asked and honest feedback given, simple as that.

When a question is asked with dire consequences any way one answers it, then there is no way a discussion can take place.

On topic: it is still bitterly cold outside  :brr:

One post, three complaints.

Dislocating your shoulder at hockey when you planned on cracking open your Slave I box. Grrrr.

People lie.. Second time CAN be as painful as the first!

Morphine and gravol make you drowsy at low doses but don't get rid of the pain despite what the nurse believes!

• Like 1

One post, three complaints.

Dislocating your shoulder at hockey when you planned on cracking open your Slave I box. Grrrr.

People lie.. Second time CAN be as painful as the first!

Morphine and gravol make you drowsy at low doses but don't get rid of the pain despite what the nurse believes!

Dude, that's enough complaints for a whole month.

• Like 1