Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Me too. I'm 42. I stopped speaking with him almost 4 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Honestly, if he were to die tomorrow, I'd at least know for sure that I will never have to deal with his crap again.

And no, I won't be at the funeral.

Whoa...almost the same story here. I'm 41 and wouldn't shed a tear if he died. Maybe a tear of joy. I know that may sound bad to a lot of you here, but my dad's actions and choices have screwed me and my family since I was young. To this day, he has yet to change. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 1

Idiots in cars. You know, when you are zipping along 70mph in 3500 pounds of steel, glass, plastic and gasoline, how about PAYING A-F-ING-TTENTION!

And please someone please explain to me the morons that see a car parked on the side of the road and feel the need to swerve over into the oncoming lanes to avoid it. There is enough room for you to stay in your lane and get around the parked car. The roads were designed for such stupid. And what kind of logic is it that would risk a head on collision to avoid a mirror sideswipe?

Or turning. You know, if only there was some way for drivers to signal or indicate to each other which way they are about to turn, it would surely make things more simple

Or how everyone now thinks they are driving a bus or 18 wheeler and feel the need to swerve all the way into the oncoming lane to make a right turn. Dude, you Honda civic does not require wide turns, what the hell is wrong with you? You just went into the oncoming lane, ON A BLIND HILL, to make a freaking right turn. Did you notice that car that flew over the hill from the other direction as soon as you turned? Probably not, because you are an idiot with your head up your own rear, but you were just a second away from death or worse. And the poor family in the other car...

Nothing makes me hate humanity more than driving around all these idiots.

• Like 2

An ebay buyer left me negative feedback: "I love the lights".  This person has ordered the same lights from me five times -- one each week around Friday.  This was from the third order or so.  No feedback on the other orders.  I sent them an message through ebay, I sent their paypal an email, and on the last order, I attached a hand-written note trying to understand why they left negative feedback and to see if there is anything I can do to help -- knowing they probably just clicked the wrong button.  Person has yet to respond.  I'm curious to see if they place another order tomorrow.

I thought eBay wouldn't allow negative feedback unless a buyer had at least one note sent to the seller via the eBay message system?  Is this not true anymore? 

Edited by diablo2112

Whoa...almost the same story here. I'm 41 and wouldn't shed a tear if he died. Maybe a tear of joy. I know that may sound bad to a lot of you here, but my dad's actions and choices have screwed me and my family since I was young. To this day, he has yet to change.

Yep. It wasn't until I realized the level of abuse he as committing on my wife and kids that I woke up. I guess I felt like I could take it. But once it was directed to them, it was over.

This forum is a little too real today.

Yeah, sorry about that.

• Like 1

I thought eBay wouldn't allow negative feedback unless a buyer had at least one note sent to the seller via the eBay message system? Is this not true anymore?

Not that I can find in the present policies. I contacted ebay CS and they looked into it. Apparently the buyer also left feedback as not as described. Yet they kept ordering the same item once per week. I'm not sure what this buyer is up to so I'm going to block them in case they try to purchase again.

When you call eBay customer service, complain (constructively) about the automatic defect registering when a buyer chooses "I haven't received my item" to send you a message about shipping delays or just plain impatience.

The handful of reps I have discussed it with agree to varying degrees that it doesn't make sense, and always promise to forward it up the chain. This has been in place waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long already.

Let's pile on the pressure... it is just ridiculous. How hard is it to just have two choices:

"I have a question or problem I want to try to work out with the seller"

and

"I need to resolve a problem the seller has already failed to help me with"

• Like 2

I thought eBay wouldn't allow negative feedback unless a buyer had at least one note sent to the seller via the eBay message system?  Is this not true anymore?

Not true, in my experience. Buyer left negative without properly contacting me. They thought typing "cancel I don't need this anymore" with a negative mark would get my attention.

When you call eBay customer service, complain (constructively) about the automatic defect registering when a buyer chooses "I haven't received my item" to send you a message about shipping delays or just plain impatience.

The handful of reps I have discussed it with agree to varying degrees that it doesn't make sense, and always promise to forward it up the chain. This has been in place waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long already.

Let's pile on the pressure... it is just ridiculous. How hard is it to just have two choices:

"I have a question or problem I want to try to work out with the seller"

and

"I need to resolve a problem the seller has already failed to help me with"

But how would that help ebay reduce the number of Top Rated Sellers, and their discounted fees?

But how would that help ebay reduce the number of Top Rated Sellers, and their discounted fees?

Call me insane but I think it might help NOT reduce the number of sellers, Top-Rated or otherwise...

I get your point. But if that sort of manipulation is their strategy, there are far better ways to do it. Lower the defect threshold. Take away the grace period. But don't hassle us with ridiculously undeserved defects just because USPS fails to scan a bubble-padded envelope while it makes its way to a destination. 

At the very least, link it to tracking. If uploaded tracking was verified within the stated handling time, alert us without creating a defect!

Still the wrong answer :P

The correct answer is: "l heard my phone vibrating. Let me get that" :D:D:D

I suppose that will work the first ten times or until she notices 'the look' from others causing her to realize you had lied to her about the dress then you'll be in even worse water for the dress and the lie. A couple doesn't have to tell each other everything but if either cannot be honest with their significant other or themselves, it isn't much of a relationship. Sorry. I know all this conversation has merely been made in jest then I go and made the thread real again. Funny thing is I know my own Mother would have laughed at the dress remark. Ha.