Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Ok, here's my complaint of the day: driving around for 3 hours wasting gas looking for some shred of a clearance deal like the ones that other ppl are bragging about. I found absolutely nothing. After a frustrating weekend of scouring Long Island for deals, I am giving up. Will stick to online deals or nothing at all. I can't be bothered with this. I give you guys credit, and I'm sure it is rewarding when you find something good. Any fellow Long Islanders on this thread?  :heat: :heat: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Happens all the time. Bird in hand, then Bricklink later.

I agree. When I was going through one of my bulk lots, I found out that I had several duplicates of a couple sets, but upon further investigation, I found that I could only complete one of each set, instead of two. Hate when that happens.

I agree. When I was going through one of my bulk lots, I found out that I had several duplicates of a couple sets, but upon further investigation, I found that I could only complete one of each set, instead of two. Hate when that happens.

Dealing with that right now, the lot I'm working on had two 10157's and two and a half 10158's. I should be excited, but the partial set bugs me to no end.

Dealing with that right now, the lot I'm working on had two 10157's and two and a half 10158's. I should be excited, but the partial set bugs me to no end.

Sometimes, I enjoy it when I find two of a set. Usually that means that I keep one set, and sell the other, but it's not fun when I have one to sell and half to keep.

• Like 1

I love abbreviations

Sorry

I <3 abbr.

Corrected. U wlcm?

Ok, here's my complaint of the day: driving around for 3 hours wasting gas looking for some shred of a clearance deal like the ones that other ppl are bragging about. I found absolutely nothing. After a frustrating weekend of scouring Long Island for deals, I am giving up. Will stick to online deals or nothing at all. I can't be bothered with this. I give you guys credit, and I'm sure it is rewarding when you find something good. Any fellow Long Islanders on this thread?  :heat: :heat: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

If you are driving around just hoping for deals, then you aren't getting ahead.  If you are going to Target and you find the deal, then you are :)

SSRS is not that hard to use. SSIS on the other hand, not sure what they were smoking when designing that thing.

It's not hard to use it is just a horrible designer that is counter intuitive, full of worthless features, missing useful features and full of the same bugs that have been around since Visual Studio 2003. And unlike the ASPX designer (which is also awful) you are sort of forced to use this one.

My company still uses VSS. They won't switch. It's too hard they say. I guess they are fine with constantly losing history and making everyone work with exclusive locks.

It's not hard to use it is just a horrible designer that is counter intuitive, full of worthless features, missing useful features and full of the same bugs that have been around since Visual Studio 2003. And unlike the ASPX designer (which is also awful) you are sort of forced to use this one.

My company still uses VSS. They won't switch. It's too hard they say. I guess they are fine with constantly losing history and making everyone work with exclusive locks.

Not bad for a "free" tool though

Guest TabbyBoy

My main complaint is to myself..... why didn't I box those sets ready for shipping when I was twiddling my thumbs at work?  Work is now so manic so I can only commit to a 2-3 day shipping leadtime.

Why are post office queues only short on days that I don't have to post anything?

It is so quiet on ebay! I have gotten used to spending hours packing and printing shipping labels. Now i dunno what to do with my time. Except buying more lego.

On the forum here it has also been quiet. Pace is picking up now though.

I have been very busy - definitely the post Christmas pickup, as collectors start purchasing for themselves again.

the time saved by using acronyms is wasted on having to explain them. it's extremely annoying. i don't know them all either and hate having to figure it out or even worse, ask, because people hate that and say "well go look it up, there's a thread". that's always the answer, "there's a thread". people can't always go search everything and read 30 pages or more of something. that's not the answer. is it really that difficult to type out the name of a set?...i mean c'mon let's be honest. using set numbers is even worse. we are all good typers i assume, it's just taking the easy or lazy way out.

There still are a handful of abbreviations and initialisms that I always end up looking up because I have no idea what they mean in the intended context. I try not to use them out of confusing myself or somebody else aside from the normal conventions such as PC (personal computer) or TV (television). I do realize a number of people are using their smartphone to check the site and reply in the forum which is difficult to write up what would be a 'simple' text if on a computer with keyboard.

The set number is something I understand but there is no way I can possibly remember them all. Heck, any of them honestly so there is another item I always end up looking for to know better. Problem sometimes with using only the set name is when conversing about City sets for example. I can find a handful of Police ATV's or worse Police Helicopters. In those cases having the number definitely helps more so than the name alone but both typed would be even better of course.