Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Some people have a life outside of BP and hoarding lego.

then you shouldn't be complaining about the missed deals :D

ah well smartphone lets one to do both and if one can't do that then apologize for saying u r a "dinosaur" and will soon be in history books. get out alive while can :D

I hate when people buy multiples of a set yet they are unsure of its investment potential. The exo suit comes to mind. People are buying these by the caseload whining about whether or not it will be a winner and saying o well if not I have x amount of days to return. Meanwhile some can't even get one to build. Butthurt in 3......2.....1....

bp_1407478159__major_butthurt.jpg

Well, now it their chance. Amazon did put a limit. About 400 left

Oh for f**k sake, not again! :ireful: :banghead:

So, you really get an appreciation for the Lego stash when you have to haul the entirety of it out of your flooded basement.  I got lucky, only lost 3 $17 umbarans and an EDB to the H20.  Those aren't even a total loss, only on end got water so they're drying out now.  I ended up moving the stash the garage temporarily since I'm giong to have a major restoration project on my hands.

Let me tell you, those yellow lego store bags are awesome.  Due to my lack of storage space, I had left 2 Jabba's Palace sets on the floor and forgot about them, but they were still in a lego store bag.  They were sitting in a inch of water, but remained bone dry.  Thank you yellow lego store bag!  All in all, it could have been much worse.

FIgures, been in this house for 5 years and the basement has been bone dry.  6 months after I get new basement carpet installed, it floods. FML

FIgures, been in this house for 5 years and the basement has been bone dry. 6 months after I get new basement carpet installed, it floods. FML

Sorry to hear about that. We had major storms yesterday, 3-6 inches in a 12 hr period. Flooded basements everywhere. We stayed dry but I called the insurance company this morning to increase water damage coverage. Default was only $5k.

I hope you get everything put back together...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Sorry to hear about that. We had major storms yesterday, 3-6 inches in a 12 hr period. Flooded basements everywhere. We stayed dry but I called the insurance company this morning to increase water damage coverage. Default was only $5k.

I hope you get everything put back together...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It's very strange, my neighbors have 4 feet of water in their basements.  Mine is trickling in at various points along the wall, but the trickle hasn't stopped so it's slowly soaking the carpeting (finished basement).  We did our best trying to patch the leaks, but the water keeps finding a way in.  I'm hoping this thing runs it's course by the morning so the real cleanup can begin.  If it doesn't dry up in the next couple of days I'll probably have to put everything in storage for a while.

It's very strange, my neighbors have 4 feet of water in their basements.  Mine is trickling in at various points along the wall, but the trickle hasn't stopped so it's slowly soaking the carpeting (finished basement).  We did our best trying to patch the leaks, but the water keeps finding a way in.  I'm hoping this thing runs it's course by the morning so the real cleanup can begin.  If it doesn't dry up in the next couple of days I'll probably have to put everything in storage for a while.

we are supposedly getting a break from this crazy rain starting tomorrow. make sure you clean up well, you don't want any mold forming down there. things will sort themselves out :) 

• Like 1

So, you really get an appreciation for the Lego stash when you have to haul the entirety of it out of your flooded basement.  I got lucky, only lost 3 $17 umbarans and an EDB to the H20.  Those aren't even a total loss, only on end got water so they're drying out now.  I ended up moving the stash the garage temporarily since I'm giong to have a major restoration project on my hands.

Let me tell you, those yellow lego store bags are awesome.  Due to my lack of storage space, I had left 2 Jabba's Palace sets on the floor and forgot about them, but they were still in a lego store bag.  They were sitting in a inch of water, but remained bone dry.  Thank you yellow lego store bag!  All in all, it could have been much worse.

FIgures, been in this house for 5 years and the basement has been bone dry.  6 months after I get new basement carpet installed, it floods. FML

Sorry to hear that.  Water can really suck.

Guest betsy805

I think it's absolutely ludricrous that they have so many varieties of silver for LEGO weapons.  Flat Silver, Pearl Light Gray, and Metallic Silver....I hate you.  Hopefully whoever orders it from my bricklink is just as colorblind as I am.  And don't even get me started on Pearl Gold, Copper, flat dark gold, metallic gold....

Take it from me, it helps a printing company and their employees somewhere. :)

point

I do, doh!

And here I thought you were a rather high tech individual ;)

Because they know that you need some padding material?

I get enough free packing air bags from Yoyo.com and Target.com to last a lifetime and a half :) 

Why would I pick-up the phone or IPad when the Yellow Pages are sitting right there?

Lol I watched the Terminator the other day and thought "in 10 years the kids watching are not going to get what Arnold was doing with a strange thick book and a strange device that looked like a humongous phone located in the middle of the street" :D

Oh and btw, how the heck did a superior killing machine from the apocalyptic future know what a phone book was and how to use it ?  For pete's sake the people in that future lived in TUNNELS :D :D :D

Lol I watched the Terminator the other day and thought "in 10 years the kids watching are not going to get what Arnold was doing with a strange thick book and a strange device that looked like a humongous phone located in the middle of the street" :D

Oh and btw, how the heck did a superior killing machine from the apocalyptic future know what a phone book was and how to use it ?  For pete's sake the people in that future lived in TUNNELS :D :D :D

If I were to program a killing machine, he'd be programmed to use a phone book. You can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

• Like 1