Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Left some valuable toys on the shelf while I mindlessly browsed TRU. Came back to scoop em up. Gone. Lesson learned. I will be kicking myself for a long time on this one.

I even had a cart! One of the dumbest moves I've made all year. Woulda been an easy $100-$120 profit.

What toy was it?

I am searching all night on the internet and during the day I visit almost every shop in my area. But there are no nice deals or older sets at retail to find. This makes the risk of buying something stupid only bigger. Sales are also in a dip. I guess this is normal at this time of year??? It's so frustrating!

I am searching all night on the internet and during the day I visit almost every shop in my area. But there are no nice deals or older sets at retail to find. This makes the risk of buying something stupid only bigger. Sales are also in a dip. I guess this is normal at this time of year??? It's so frustrating!

It is called increasing competitions :) Why should TRU discount a popular set when every Joe Schmoe investor wannabe buys it for retail++ ?

I hate it when I fell asleep 15 minutes before the eBay auction I bid on ended.

I hate the fact that I still complain about these minute things. I mean some people are concerned about having roofs on top of their heads on day to day basis :(

I sure hope my roof does not end up on top of my head... Yes, it is certainly my day-to-day convcern

• Like 1

I hate the fact that I still complain about these minute things. I mean some people are concerned about having roofs on top of their heads on day to day basis :(

You sound like me. I have a well paying job awesome friends huge Lego collection but man anxiety and depression. I blame women and huskers for being a king at brick picker fantasy baseball

After 15 years of bidding that way, I finally decided to make my life easy, and stop doing it that.  Now, I just go ahead and bid what I'm willing to pay.  No more snipping.  Either I win it or I don't.  Even if it's 6 days before the auction ends, I'll put in my bid.

Saves me from making any last minute bad decisions where I let my "want" for whatever I'm bidding on to outweigh my logical brain on what I should be willing to pay for it.

After 15 years of bidding that way, I finally decided to make my life easy, and stop doing it that.  Now, I just go ahead and bid what I'm willing to pay.  No more snipping.  Either I win it or I don't.  Even if it's 6 days before the auction ends, I'll put in my bid.

Saves me from making any last minute bad decisions where I let my "want" for whatever I'm bidding on to outweigh my logical brain on what I should be willing to pay for it.

Right.....I grew out of sniping also. Seems a bit childish and vindictive.

Except that I hate being sniped, i.e lost by $.50 or whatever the margin is. :) I do not buy auctions for something I really need though, only the "nice to have when price is right" stuffs.

Except that I hate being sniped, i.e lost by $.50 or whatever the margin is. :) I do not buy auctions for something I really need though, only the "nice to have when price is right" stuffs.

I like sniping. <insert evil laugh>. :)

Except last night I went out for a walk and missed a 6929 that went really cheaply, only

• Like 1

Better hope others don't decide to do that, I shudder to think what would happen to the economy if people based their purchasing decisions on actual logic.

• Like 1

Why not use an automatic sniping program?  It's basically the same thing as putting in your bid and seeing if it wins, but you get the added benefit of keeping your bid to yourself.  I just load all the auctions up that I'm interested in, put my maximum bid, and let it do the work for me.  It's rarely a good idea to bid early on ebay.