Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Fudge Windows 7. I have that OS on one computer and all it does is keep finding ways of pissing me off. XP runs as it should without constantly asking me if I want to run something when I just clicked the program and I can customize the system. Windows 7 just comes off as more flash than workable substance.

You know you can turn that off right? :secret:

Don't get me wrong, I liked XP but it's days are done, gonzo, buh-bye. Some of my co-workers have switched to 8 in recent months after an initial test roll-out that was cancelled because 8 was garbage. But there are a bunch of us on 7 still and I can say it's the most stable Windows OS I've ever used. I'm a developer - C/C++ in a past life, WPF/.NET/Silverlight/other web with C# in recent years so take it for what it's worth, but when I _USE_ a computer, I really USE it - not just a few namby-pamby word processing applications open with 16 browser windows/tabs. XP just simply can't do what I do with Windows 7 (nor can OSX or other flavours of Linux). I'll probably upgrade to 8.1 later this year - I'm just nearing the end of what has turned out to be a three year long project and I don't want to reinstall all my stuff.

To keep on topic... I hate upgrading OS when I don't have time to do it properly - a clean sweep install!

Ok, so a few weeks ago I bought about 20 pieces from lego.com's pick a brick. The order was about 4 bucks, plus tax and shipping came out to about 9$. Well, I went to do the track my package, and it says it came on MONDAY. Four days ago. I've checked every single door that it could have possibly arrived at and brought the mail in everyday. It never came. What. The. Crap. I'm guessing that I should call lego customer service, but can you even get your money back on a package that never arrived?   :negative:

Guest TabbyBoy

I agree format the disks, start again. Never upgrade the OS over another.

What's OSX ? Not the latest version of OS2 Warp ? ....

I once worked out it would cost me

Man it's annoying when you're working away on BrickLink and every darn time I get interrupted by the nightly site maintenance at 1:50AM.

I'm on the west coast so that's only 10:50pm. With the family asleep my Lego day is just getting started.....

Of course I come here to catch up on the day's posts... but still......

• Like 1

Man it's annoying when you're working away on BrickLink and every darn time I get interrupted by the nightly site maintenance at 1:50AM.

I'm on the west coast so that's only 10:50pm. With the family asleep my Lego day is just getting started.....

Of course I come here to catch up on the day's posts... but still......

Hahahaha...that's me, almost every night.

When members have the same or very similar avatars, confuses my simple brain  :scratchhead:

The default one?  Yeah that's confusing for sure.

Hey guys. ???

Having an exgf work with you. Is there anything worse?

Yes, when u breakup with her she punches u gets drunk and gets a dui by ur former dept. I need to write a book on my life.

Oof, that sounds like hurt. But, judging from the snippets of personality I've learned from my time here, I would buy it. :D

"hxckid's Exciting Adventure! A fantastic tale of daring exploits and plastic bricks! (And don't forget to purchase this amazing autobiography through an affiliate link!)"

When try to be careful to get out one of your LEGO boxes to check to see if you can replace a 1X1 clip piece that you thought would have been included as extra somehow was just broken on my City layout, the other boxes tumble down, oh did I mention there wasn't an extra after all the work? I didn't even have a spare in my spare parts pile... :(