Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I assume you are talking about the entertainment kind? Which is tough on your body, people think that stuff is easy till they try it....Did you use to wrestle Folk style, like in high school? I had a short run with that when I was younger managed to keep my ears from getting cauliflower, thank God!!!

I wrestled a year in high school. I've done jui Jitsu these days I just do gym and to stay in shape. But yes I was talking about entertainment kind.
  • Like 1

I dislike hate loathe Windows 7.

What? It's windows 8 that blows chunks.

Windows 7 is like a cool summers breeze on a hot day walking down the beach at an all inclusive hotel that your boss paid for after promoting you to VP and giving you a 6 figure salary, new company sports car, 10 weeks per year paid vacation, company paid health insurance and a corner office with a 360 view overlooking a miniature LEGO town compared to windows 8.  now breathe

Most people who care about what version of Windows they run know to skip every other one. This has been true since 95:

95: revolutionary to 3.11 but still shaky

98: solid

ME: seriously? skip

XP: solid

Vista: skip (although I had excellent results with 64bit ultimate, most 32bit folks had troubles)

7: solid

8: skip

9: should be solid

What? It's windows 8 that blows chunks.

Windows 7 is like a cool summers breeze on a hot day walking down the beach at an all inclusive hotel that your boss paid for after promoting you to VP and giving you a 6 figure salary, new company sports car, 10 weeks per year paid vacation, company paid health insurance and a corner office with a 360 view overlooking a miniature LEGO town compared to windows 8. now breathe

I have to agree. Windows 8 in my Gateway locks up everyday. Did I say everyday?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I hate online forms with drop down field for entering birth year.  The older I get the further I have to scroll down to find my year.  Why can't I just type the dang thing like a normal person

Lol you don't lie? I like to put the lowest number for fun.

There was a site the other day that I registered as 120 years old.

Most people who care about what version of Windows they run know to skip every other one. This has been true since 95:

95: revolutionary to 3.11 but still shaky

98: solid

ME: seriously? skip

XP: solid

Vista: skip (although I had excellent results with 64bit ultimate, most 32bit folks had troubles)

7: solid

8: skip

9: should be solid

I liked ME, it was more reliable than 98.

XP, is great. We still use this at work and it runs older software much better than 7. But it must be XP sp2 or higher. This was like a whole new O/S.

Vista is unfinished, but it runs on my most reliable PC. 7 years, no issues. But it's really slow.

7, brilliant does what it needs to. I want to buy a new laptop but they all come with 8. Finally found an online retailer who allows me to put 7 on it.

I used 8 once on a friends laptop. I could not switch it off. I had to ask a teenager. Could be a sign of age, but I work in IT support!

Guest TabbyBoy

I liked ME, it was more reliable than 98.

XP, is great. We still use this at work and it runs older software much better than 7. But it must be XP sp2 or higher. This was like a whole new O/S.

Vista is unfinished, but it runs on my most reliable PC. 7 years, no issues. But it's really slow.

7, brilliant does what it needs to. I want to buy a new laptop but they all come with 8. Finally found an online retailer who allows me to put 7 on it.

I used 8 once on a friends laptop. I could not switch it off. I had to ask a teenager. Could be a sign of age, but I work in IT support!

Windows 8.1 is basically Service Pack 43a for Windows 2000 that's been crap from the start.  Bring back NT!  I moved to OSX 2yrs ago and not looked back, I love OSX Mavericks.  You also don't need an Apple PC to put it on.

Windows 8.1 is basically Service Pack 43a for Windows 2000 that's been crap from the start. Bring back NT! I moved to OSX 2yrs ago and not looked back, I love OSX Mavericks. You also don't need an Apple PC to put it on.

If you guys really want to have an IT discussion let's move this to another thread and let the real nerds school you. 2000 was NT and no Windows 8.1 is not just a service pack. Microsoft rewrote the kernel for Vista which is why it was so unreliable for some. 7 isn't NT but they did go back to some NT ideas and 8 is 7 with a new UI. It's rock solid but is a pain in the ass to use. 8.1 is better but rumour are 9 is again better (note rumours).

Ps if you are still running XP please get your head examined. No excuse to not upgrade to seven.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

• Like 1

If you guys really want to have an IT discussion let's move this to another thread and let the real nerds school you. 2000 was NT and no Windows 8.1 is not just a service pack. Microsoft rewrote the kernel for Vista which is why it was so unreliable for some. 7 isn't NT but they did go back to some NT ideas and 8 is 7 with a new UI. It's rock solid but is a pain in the ass to use. 8.1 is better but rumour are 9 is again better (note rumours).

Ps if you are still running XP please get your head examined. No excuse to not upgrade to seven.

No way, we are gonna leave it here so I can complain about why we are even talking about operating systems let alone arguing which one is better.......who cares ;)

No way, we are gonna leave it here so I can complain about why we are even talking about operating systems let alone arguing which one is better.......who cares ;)

I'm complaining that you made me laugh in the complaint thread then!

Bring back NT!  I moved to OSX 2yrs ago and not looked back, I love OSX Mavericks.  You also don't need an Apple PC to put it on.

XP was NT.

I've been running flavors of linux since around 1996 at home as a dev box, finally jumped to OSX for work and love it. Windows 7 is great for gaming and OSX is great for productivity. I really miss some of the gestures and features of the OSX UI when running W7.

Fudge Windows 7. I have that OS on one computer and all it does is keep finding ways of pissing me off. XP runs as it should without constantly asking me if I want to run something when I just clicked the program and I can customize the system. Windows 7 just comes off as more flash than workable substance.

Guest TabbyBoy

Funny how Bill Gates has sold a crap product to billions, I wonder if Lego are using the same strategy to sell Chima?  I hate it after I've eaten too much chocolate, the Andrex seems not to last as long.