Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Missed out on an additional 6.25% cash back on a $200 order on shop.lego.com all because my computer logged me out of my rewards account >_> That combined with the VIP bonus would get me a free set xD Guess that's my only Lego related gripe for the week haha.

On a brighter note, Lego did botch my last order and sent me the wrong set and their solution was to resend the correct set and let me keep the wrong set they sent. Helps that the mistake set was worth double what the set I ordered was. Love this company!

If you call them in, they will most certainly retro-credit you the points. Most likely even double points

Can't the people who film these TV series' or films afford a decent tripod or similar for the dang camera? When the hell did the 'shaky cam' become a fad let alone considered an actual technique? It may have worked for 24 the series but even then it got tiring trying to just focus on a single scene after a while.

• Like 1

Can't the people who film these TV series' or films afford a decent tripod or similar for the dang camera? When the hell did the 'shaky cam' become a fad let alone considered an actual technique? It may have worked for 24 the series but even then it got tiring trying to just focus on a single scene after a while.

I was just complaining about this to my wife yesterday, as she's trying to get me into 'modern family.'  I blame The Office, now everyone wants their show to look like a mockumentary.

I was just complaining about this to my wife yesterday, as she's trying to get me into 'modern family.'  I blame The Office, now everyone wants their show to look like a mockumentary.

I blame the blair witch project, sure there were some projects that used it prior to that, Saving Private Ryan, Twister, a half dozen other notables.  But they used it very well in ways that didn't distract from the show and didn't attempt to give me motion sickness.  After the blair witch project, everyone and their brother jumped on the band wagon and just used the style as a catch all when they couldn't be bothered to do a better job.

I blame Blair Witch Project

But yes, it is a "technique" :-(  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaky_camera

I blame the blair witch project, sure there were some projects that used it prior to that, Saving Private Ryan, Twister, a half dozen other notables. But they used it very well in ways that didn't distract from the show and didn't attempt to give me motion sickness. After the blair witch project, everyone and their brother jumped on the band wagon and just used the style as a catch all when they couldn't be bothered to do a better job.

Yeah, I would say The Blair Witch Project is the 'root of all evil' with this but I will say the technique did work for the movie that had little substance at all. Either people were scared as heck or laughed their butt off by it (I was in the latter section). Saving Private Ryan was a powerful film and having the camera unsteady at times goes with the feeling of being stranded in a warzone of unknown territory. I enjoyed the TV series of "24" even with the shaky cam but it did a bit difficult to deal with for long periods of watching.

I was just complaining about this to my wife yesterday, as she's trying to get me into 'modern family.' I blame The Office, now everyone wants their show to look like a mockumentary.

I have no interest in trying to watch an episode of Modern Family after seeing a few different promos. :dontknow:

Guest brickcrazyhouse

trading spaces is horrible show hell 99% of "reality" shows are garbage.  the only ones I can tolerate are biggest loser, face off and most of ink master.  I hate the lack of scripted (with actual actors) shows. damn you trutv

A surprisingly large number of the reality tv shows are either partially scripted, or if a "scene" could be better they ask people to repeat it (sometimes improving on it) so they can get a better shot.  Reality TV is anything but...  I enjoy some of the commercials/promo vids for Face Off, that's about as much of that style of show I can tolerate. 

Wasn't Seven the kid they added to the Married with Children cast and then disappeared the next season without any explanation?

Haha, it`s moments like these where I kick myself for being completely ignorant of sitcoms. I have no idea what you are referring to  :banghead:

Haha, it`s moments like these where I kick myself for being completely ignorant of sitcoms. I have no idea what you are referring to  :banghead:

Before Al Bundy married that annoying lady on modern family he was an actual funny actor on an actual funny show called Married With Children.