Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I used to bartend. If you didn't tip I politely asked you why not. You would be surprised how many times I made people feel like crap it how nice I was about it and therefore they would hand me money. Btw if you don't tip me and you come back I will remember you and you won't like your check. I will a hole ring you beers and when you are too drunk to remember that you had only 8 beers well sorry I say you had 12. Don't mess with servers or bartenders. I also like not putting alcohol in your ten dollar fruity drink. I always win. :)

When you work for tips & someone feels it's appropriate to leave you a generous 1.7% "gratuity" for your efforts. $1.50 on an $88.50 tab!! You shouldn't have!

Well it could have been worse as in serving this pastor who refused to leave any tip for his waitress by writing on the receipt "I give God 10%, why do you get 18?". Or worse yet with another leaving a phony bill having some 'lesson' printed on the back. Back to the actual point, less than 2% is pretty lousy. Maybe better than nothing but only by an insulting smidge.

I used to bartend. If you didn't tip I politely asked you why not. You would be surprised how many times I made people feel like crap it how nice I was about it and therefore they would hand me money. Btw if you don't tip me and you come back I will remember you and you won't like your check. I will a hole ring you beers and when you are too drunk to remember that you had only 8 beers well sorry I say you had 12. Don't mess with servers or bartenders. I also like not putting alcohol in your ten dollar fruity drink. I always win. :)

Again, you were confusing being nice with being being intimidating :D :D :D  Seriously, if a musclebound bartender ask why you did not tip, would you remember how nice he was about it ? ;)

This is one instance where me getting fired up or angry would accomplish nothing. It would likely be met with resistance. Instant I ask was there something wrong with my service to not warrant a tip?.

You tip a dollar a beer and 20 percent on your check. If you sit there for hours on end watch *** a game or whatnot take care of me as I took care if you.

Not be a jerk but Be grateful they gave you something.

Plenty of places to eat & drink if you don't wish to tip...McDonald's, Burger King, Subway , your house. Pick up a sixer @ the gas station & kick back on your porch.

A lot of people don't realize people who work for tips don't make an hourly wage. A tip isn't gravy on top of what I already make, it is what I make.

• Like 2

This is one instance where me getting fired up or angry would accomplish nothing. It would likely be met with resistance. Instant I ask was there something wrong with my service to not warrant a tip?.

You tip a dollar a beer and 20 percent on your check. If you sit there for hours on end watch g a game or whatnot take care of me as I took care if you.

I kid I kid :)  You are right. Being calm and respectful is the best way to handle that kind of situation

Plenty of places to eat & drink if you don't wish to tip...McDonald's, Burger King, Subway , your house. Pick up a sixer @ the gas station & kick back on your porch.

A lot of people don't realize people who work for tips don't make an hourly wage. A tip isn't gravy on top of what I already make, it is what I make.

Sorry I wasn't intending it to start an uproar I was just meaning just because one person gives a lousy tip doesn't mean it's the end of the world. I'm sure others have tipped even more than the 18%.

I hate when you are withon like a buck or 2 from free shipping. Happens to me all the time on amazon. Always not lego related. My cart is like 33.49 right now. It's like I have to force my self to do work find some random item to get free shipping. This usually goes on for a day or so to I think of something I '' need''

You can always add more protein shakes or muscle shirts to your order to get the free shipping.

Sorry I wasn't intending it to start an uproar I was just meaning just because one person gives a lousy tip doesn't mean it's the end of the world. I'm sure others have tipped even more than the 18%.

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately it's the bad ones that stick with you. Besides, like everyone else on here I have a Lego habit to support!

I always tip 20%, no matter if the service is good or bad.  Just because someone is having a bad day, or someone called in sick so they have to take extra tables causing an extra 5 minute delay in getting my water refilled, they don't deserve to have their livelyhood taken away.  I wish we would get away from tipping and just pay servers a straight wage, but until that happens I'll give them the 20%.

If the service is truly horrible, I'll complain to the manager but still leave a tip.

So my complaint.... bad tippers!  Pay up cheapskates! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I always tip 20%, no matter if the service is good or bad.  Just because someone is having a bad day, or someone called in sick so they have to take extra tables causing an extra 5 minute delay in getting my water refilled, they don't deserve to have their livelyhood taken away.  I wish we would get away from tipping and just pay servers a straight wage, but until that happens I'll give them the 20%.

If the service is truly horrible, I'll complain to the manager but still leave a tip.

So my complaint.... bad tippers!  Pay up cheapskates! :thumbsup:

Better yet, who tips at a buffet restaurant?  What should you tip if they just bring you your drink, but you serve yourself?  Do you still leave 15% - 20%? 

What should you tip for a pick-up order?  Do you tip the person who hands you the bag, or the person who prepared your food?

Better yet, who tips at a buffet restaurant? What should you tip if they just bring you your drink, but you serve yourself? Do you still leave 15% - 20%?

What should you tip for a pick-up order? Do you tip the person who hands you the bag, or the person who prepared your food?

Far superior, why don't people tip the workers at McDonalds?

Better yet, who tips at a buffet restaurant?  What should you tip if they just bring you your drink, but you serve yourself?  Do you still leave 15% - 20%? 

What should you tip for a pick-up order?  Do you tip the person who hands you the bag, or the person who prepared your food?

I do tip at buffet restaurants, they're still clearing your plates, getting you drinks.  I give everyone 20% because I know they're only making $2.75 an hour.

I don't tip on pickup orders, gotta draw the line somewhere.  As someone who used to work in the restaurant industry many moons ago, the people working the pickup counter make a straight wage so tipping isn't necessary.

• Like 1

I do tip at buffet restaurants, they're still clearing your plates, getting you drinks.  I give everyone 20% because I know they're only making $2.75 an hour.

I don't tip on pickup orders, gotta draw the line somewhere.  As someone who used to work in the restaurant industry many moons ago, the people working the pickup counter make a straight wage so tipping isn't necessary.

I do tip at buffet restaurants, but it's usually just a $1 or $2, which would probably most of the time calculate out to 15% or more.  The only real difference is I don't take the extra time accurately calculate it, which I would do if I were at a regular sit down restaurant.

When you work for tips & someone feels it's appropriate to leave you a generous 1.7% "gratuity" for your efforts. $1.50 on an $88.50 tab!! You shouldn't have!

I took out a 20 person boat trip last week and they gave me and my crew $0.00. I should have hit the dock a little harder and tossed them around a bit.

It's amazing how much better people will tip once they've worked for tips for awhile. I always thought I tipped well, but once I started to depend on them, I noticed the tips I was leaving got a good bit larger.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

BTW I always tip my prostitutes.

thats smart you should always test them to make sure they webble wobble but don't fall down