Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

6 minutes ago, raindog said:

I'm going to do my best not to turn political here.  But I listen to everyone say how Trump lies, and, he does use over-the-top superlatives.  But I've seen or heard damn little actual examples of those lies.  And I've heard plenty of lies from the Biden camp, including the whole losers claim last night.  Both men are liars because they are politicians.  So calling either a liar is a waste of breath.  I just ask myself, was I better off in 2000 or today.  That pretty much tells me how to vote.  But I'm not advocating either candidate here.  Just hoping that you will vote using your common sense and not the media hype of either party. 

Common sense is not so common anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Common sense is not so common anymore.

It's easy and trendy to say that but the real problem lies within the stimuli that a person is assaulted with every single day.  TV commercials that teach a "woke agenda" in the background while also trying to sell you their stupid product.  News services that leans left or right.  I'm old enough that I can remember when Walter Cronkite just told you the news, not how you should feel about it.  Hell, I can't even watch a baseball game anymore without seeing advertisements on the uniform, on the pitcher's mound, on the fences and, oh yeah, a quick word from Delta Airlines between batters.  Politics is no different.  Both parties are selling their agendas through whatever means possible.  I received 7 political texts prior to the debate yesterday.  I am not active at all on any political boards but yet, I seem to be a target every time that a politician is trying to raise fund or gather support.  Joe Biden (right) himself texted me yesterday and called me by my first name.  He had a fantastic deal.  For every dollar that I donated to him and his campaign, he would donate $5.  Basically, he was saying "For every dollar that you give me, I'm going to give me $5." 

I've been threatening to move to the Philippines or Thailand for years.  I think that the time is growing nigh.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Then you haven't even bothered to Google that.

::: Sigh :::  I don't have to Google it, I watched and listened to it unfold.  The Atlantic could cite no one but "anonymous officials" when they made their claim.  I trust actions over "anonymous officials."  Even Snopes, a left-leaning cite, tends to agree.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/10/04/donald-trump-call-troops-suckers-losers/

As a Disabled Vet, I observed that Trump really helped to improve the VA medical situation.  Biden takes credit for helping burn pit victims when the changes were actually mandated by the courts.  I am also still in contact with many military folks,  Everyone of them will tell you, in private (costs are too high in public) that the entire military hates Biden and what his party is doing, concentrating more on DEI and little on actual fighting skills.

I took your bait here but this is the last time that I'll speak on this matter as aligned politics really has no business in this thread.

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Things can be true and not political at the same time

You are correct and I apologize for my response (but not the "spank that ass" reply.)  However, you weren't exactly being apolitical yourself.  "One guy can't tell the truth, the other guy can't tell where he is."  But it was harmless enough that it should have been ignored.