Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Posted (edited)

Just got my Barad-dur, kinda disappointed. Safety is obviously the priority, but the new warning label are huge and takes away from the nice image of the lego set.  I wonder if boxes without it will be worth more than the ones with them. 

Edited by joch29
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joch29 said:

Just got my Barad-dur, kinda disappointed. Safety is obviously the priority, but the new warning label are huge and takes away from the nice image of the lego set.  I wonder if boxes without it will be worth more than the ones with them. 

Hit them with an Item Not as Described claim. Lego should provide pictures of what you will actually get on their website.  

Hopefully Lego finds a workaround as they really do put a lot of work into the box design and some of these sets look hideous now. No light bricks or package them separately? I am open to more creative solutions. 

Edited by Pseudoty

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

No light bricks or package them separately? I am open to more creative solutions. 

I like the Funwhole solution.  Use real common batteries (CR2032?) and DON'T include them.  It may cause a little belly-aching at first but City builders and builder of battery sets will just get used to having the batteries on hand.  A 10-pack of CR2032s are $5.99 at Amazon.

• Like 7

On 5/29/2024 at 3:04 PM, KvHulk said:

Imagine completely shitting on the history of Major League Baseball and including stats for players that never played in the league.
Might as well add little league stats, college stats, and f-ck it, why not fantasy stats? We're all equal!!!

Baseball Reference is my go-to, and it doesn't appear they have followed MLB in their online records.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 3:04 PM, KvHulk said:

Imagine completely shitting on the history of Major League Baseball and including stats for players that never played in the league.
Might as well add little league stats, college stats, and f-ck it, why not fantasy stats? We're all equal!!!

I didn't comment on this when you first posted because baseball is my love and I was too angry to post.  I'll try now.  I believe that, if I was a black man, I'd be insulted.  The two leagues were separate with separate players.  Having MLB just intake N*egro (written so because the software bleeped it out and made it look like I typed a slur) League stats is akin to saying "We are going to let you play in our league now but we are going to destroy your heritage, uniqueness and history.  Sure, we'll recognize Jackie Robinson and Josh Gibson but we are going to totally swallow up the accomplishments of players like Mules Suttles."

I don't know about adding little league stats or college stats but why not Nippon Baseball stats?  Sadaharu Oh was certainly a greater hitter than most (if not all) American hitters.  What about stats from the Dominican Republic?  Baseball will always be in turmoil as long as Rob Manfred is in charge.  

Now, let's talk about the stupidity of allowing everyone to watch a team play...except for those that live within 0-700+ miles of the team.  Even paying the big bucks for MLB's own baseball channel does not allow you to watch your local team, unless you are willing to pay the local tv station's monopoly prices.  How stupid is that?

Edited by raindog

We're a baseball family too.  Have a son playing college ball right now.  Thought combining stats was pretty stupid too.  It's no different than people people arguing who the better players/teams were from different generations.  Fun to argue but impossible to really evaluate.  How can anyone possibly think it's a good idea to combine stats with people who never played each other.  Makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 46andTWO said:

Jeez, first your baseball, now they shut down your post office...... #firstworldproblems lol

image.jpeg.ab41bd09f611f69dc82b339218e6b401.jpeg

Before you get too smarmy, almost every post in here is about first world problems.  If that bothers you then I have to wonder why you even read the thread.  After looking through your few posts, it seems that you are only here to be a troll and offer little to no help to anyone.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 3

Endured the following for a BrickLink sale over the past week or so: My replies to the buyer are in bold.

“Hello I like to ask you if you can offer an discount or free shipping for buying multiple sets from you. I don’t mind to wait so you can choose the slowest and cheapest shipping service just pack it good thanks a lot”

Thank you for ordering multiple sets from my store and for asking about offering either a discount or free shipping. I am a small family run business and am not able to offer discounts or free shipping.

The most economical shipping method is $21.35 using USPS Ground Advantage. If you feel this is too much and you wish to cancel your order, I will work with you to cancel it. If you wish for me to invoice your order, please let me know.

“Hello.  I understand very good we are an veteran run business would you able to sell it directly and we can pay by PayPal friends (no fees for you ) so we would at least save $17 on taxes ?"

Thank you for your reply e-mail sent directly to my e-mail address. What you are asking violates BrickLink's Terms of Service and I cannot do what you are asking.

I then quoted the following topics from BrickLink's Terms of Service:

Buying and Selling Offenses

Fee Avoidance

Using user contact information obtained from BrickLink or the Site or using any feature of the Site to offer to sell items outside of the Site.

This contact form should in no way be used for soliciting purposes and conducting business either offering items for sale or requesting items to be sold that would circumvent submitting an order in a seller's store.

Maybe other sellers have done this for you, but I cannot not.

------

The buyer paid for the order, it was shipped and then following message arrived yesterday:

“Hi package arrived but sadly with an big huge dent on top of the box ! will email you picture

kinda lucky only the Ninjago got beaten up badly the other are fine ! thanks god”

Glad your package arrived. Sorry it was damaged in transit. Never had have happened before. I suggest contacting the United States Postal Service (USPS) and filing a claim with them.

-----

NOTE:  The box was dented and not sure how it got that way.

----

Thanks for reading my rant and I am waiting for the inevitable buyer negative feedback.  :) 

• Sad 2

Follow-up: My BrickLink buyer is telling me I would need to file the claim for the damaged item with the supporting documents of the sales price.  I e-mailed the buyer with the link to the USPS claim process.  The buyer can file the claim too.  Ugh.  :( 

Edited by LegoWalker4

9 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Follow-up: My BrickLink buyer is telling me I would need to file the claim for the damaged item with the supporting documents of the sales price.  I e-mailed the buyer with the link to the USPS claim process.  The buyer can file the claim too.  Ugh.  :( 

Actually, your buyer is correct.  Whether you like it or not, the seller is responsible until the package reaches the buyer unless the seller can prove malfeasance on the part of the seller.  A buyer can file a claim but the seller will eventually have to get involve to prove that insurance was purchased, proof that the package was sent and proof for the cost of the insured.

If only there was a BrickLink/BrickOwl discussion group here.............

Edited by raindog
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, raindog said:

Actually, your buyer is correct.  Whether you like it or not, the seller is responsible until the package reaches the buyer unless the seller can prove malfeasance on the part of the seller.  A buyer can file a claim but the seller will eventually have to get involve to prove that insurance was purchased, proof that the package was sent and proof for the cost of the insured.

If only there was a BrickLink/BrickOwl discussion group here.............

You make a fair point and thanks for the reminder about there being a BrickLink/BrickOwl discussion group.  I e-mailed the buyer the receipt.  Many sellers state in their store terms their responsibility ends once the package is shipped.  Please know I am not arguing with you and I concede your valid point.

Evidence of Insurance Purchased
Any of these items show evidence of insurance:

Original mailing receipt issued at the time of mailing
Outer packaging showing the names and addresses of the sender and the addressee and the proper label showing that the article was sent insured
Printed electronic online label record or computer printout from the application used to print the label and purchase the insurance

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Many sellers state in their store terms their responsibility ends once the package is shipped. 

Just be aware that your terms do not supercede legal realities.  I see dump trucks with signs that state that vehicles must not follow closer than 200 feet and that they are not responsible for broken windshields.  However, you have to get closer than 200 feet to read the sign.  I asked my father (the retired DA Investigator) about this many years ago and he just laughed.  That's when he told me that, just because someone makes a statement does not make that statement true and it certainly doesn't make it legal.  To be fair, what I quoted you above wasn't so much about legality or regulations.  It was based more on Paypal demands and practices.  I assume that they paid you using either PayPal or Stripe.  Stripe is even stricter than PayPal when it comes to pleasing the customer first.

I don't say the above to be argumentative.  But I have been selling items at least part-time for 15+ years and I am now in my 11th year as a BrickLink seller, 9 of those years as a full-time seller.  I have a perfect record.  I have never lost a PayPal or Stripe case as a buyer or seller, not that there have been that many.  Not to be an ass but, once your buyer offered to pay outside of BrickLink, he became a thief in my eyes, not to be trusted.  I would have immediately cancelled his order, listing the exact reason(s) in the comments.  And then added him to my Stop List.  Doing so would have saved you from this type of crap.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I couldn't believe I just watched elder abuse live on TV :dontknow:

That was hilarious/awkward to watch.
One guy can't tell the truth, the other guy can't tell where he is.

I was kinda hoping a bomb would go off and save us from these guys.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I'm just hoping a bomb doesn't actually go off.

Sad day for this country that these two are our only choices…and you know world leaders are alternately laughing their asses off and plotting their next move. 

IMG_5366.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Sad day for this country that these two are our only choices…and you know world leaders are alternately laughing their asses off and plotting their next move. 

IMG_5366.jpeg

Sadly, those phone calls most likely happened 2.5 years ago.  :drag:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KvHulk said:

One guy can't tell the truth, the other guy can't tell where he is.

I'm going to do my best not to turn political here.  But I listen to everyone say how Trump lies, and, he does use over-the-top superlatives.  But I've seen or heard damn little actual examples of those lies.  And I've heard plenty of lies from the Biden camp, including the whole losers claim last night.  Both men are liars because they are politicians.  So calling either a liar is a waste of breath.  I just ask myself, was I better off in 2000 or today.  That pretty much tells me how to vote.  But I'm not advocating either candidate here.  Just hoping that you will vote using your common sense and not the media hype of either party.