Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Fellas fellas - all this fast food talk is no bueno. Stuff'll kill you faster than a fat stack of 10188 DS falling on you.

Eat clean most of the time. Sweat it out regularly. Exercise is a great way to escape the kids. I have a 'if you're not working out you're getting the hell out rule'.

Oh, wait - I forgot this was a complaint thread.

I need to complain about the complaint thread going off the rails.

Carry on.

Edit: better complaint.

U must be drinking my Kool aide for a post like this...... The irony get it?
  • Like 1

It's 3am.  I wake up, and I hear my sprinklers going off.  They're only supposed to run a few minutes around 10pm.  And, oh, it's been raining, and I forgot to turn them off all together.

So, I trek outside and take a look - somehow, the timer got switch from 5 minutes to 5.9 hours.

I only water M, W, and F.  Last meter read was on December 1 (and all was normal).  Worst case scenario, this has been happening for 6 waterings.  Better case is that the gardener fused with it last weekend, and it's been happening since Monday.  Either way though, I'm hoping I'm not going to be out a bunch of money with the next water bill.

Just have your in-law buy you some mixels to continue cornering the market. 

Not kool-aid man, just food science and some common sense. It is sad most people know more about the kardashians than what they put in their body to sustain it.

We should have a thread on this. What do u eat. I'd love to help anyone who has any interest in cleaning up their diets and such. Thought about doing personal training before. Pizza taste so much better when you eat good for a whole week and then reward yourself on like a Sunday.
  • Like 3

We should have a thread on this. What do u eat. I'd love to help anyone who has any interest in cleaning up their diets and such. Thought about doing personal training before. Pizza taste so much better when you eat good for a whole week and then reward yourself on like a Sunday.

So start a thread!  Seriously, start a thread over in Odds & Ends.  I'm always interested.  I let my diet stray over the last 9 months, and I'm paying for it now.

So start a thread! Seriously, start a thread over in Odds & Ends. I'm always interested. I let my diet stray over the last 9 months, and I'm paying for it now.

will do. I have a strong knowledge in fitness and nutrition. And like discussing it as much as money and lego. I can write up what works for me to keep me in good shape without losing my mind. Too many people diet and do boring things that don't work cause well u get board and u want that taco bell. Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

New thread has been created. Continue any convo there.

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 1

Some ranting from me: before Christmas I didn't have a single buyer not immediately paying for BINs. For a week now I get about 50% of buyers not paying immediately. Now up to now I actually thought BINs require immediate payment automatically. Now I read (on the Internet, so it must be true), that there is indeed an option for this on eBay, but in order to get that, you have to have more than just a personal paypal account. What the heck? I don't have a business but I cannot request immediate payment on paypal BINs? What's the problem with that?

In addition to that I now have a pending cancelation. It's not a big deal really: buyer requested cancel, I agreed. No money was exchanged. But now Ebay still wants confirmation from the buyer to make sure the refund was actually refunded. That makes sense - if there would be something to refund. Ebay knows that the item is unpaid. It even tells me so. So, how likely is it that this 0-feedback buyer actually gets around agreeing that he got the refund - when he didn't even pay. And until some internal eBay timeout triggers I have this 'on my books'. The only good thing is that the item, once relisted, sold only a few hours later already.

Some ranting from me: before Christmas I didn't have a single buyer not immediately paying for BINs. For a week now I get about 50% of buyers not paying immediately. Now up to now I actually thought BINs require immediate payment automatically. Now I read (on the Internet, so it must be true), that there is indeed an option for this on eBay, but in order to get that, you have to have more than just a personal paypal account. What the heck? I don't have a business but I cannot request immediate payment on paypal BINs? What's the problem with that?

In addition to that I now have a pending cancelation. It's not a big deal really: buyer requested cancel, I agreed. No money was exchanged. But now Ebay still wants confirmation from the buyer to make sure the refund was actually refunded. That makes sense - if there would be something to refund. Ebay knows that the item is unpaid. It even tells me so. So, how likely is it that this 0-feedback buyer actually gets around agreeing that he got the refund - when he didn't even pay. And until some internal eBay timeout triggers I have this 'on my books'. The only good thing is that the item, once relisted, sold only a few hours later already.

You don't need a business. While on the eBay app and listing an item go to preferences. This must be done for each individual item you list. There you will find the option to check immediate payment.

I could never find it on a desktop. Hope this helps.

You don't need a business. While on the eBay app and listing an item go to preferences. This must be done for each individual item you list. There you will find the option to check immediate payment.

I could never find it on a desktop. Hope this helps.

That's interesting. So far I've stayed away from the app, because it requests a ton of rights I don't want to give it, rights it shouldn't have or request. And yes, I went all over the desktop preferences for my items and cannot find this option at all.

A company I used to work for was audited and I just received a bill from the CRA for +$2000 in back taxes, due yesterday. :'(

I'm sorry to hear that, especially around Christmas.

On a sarcastic note, let me know when the Lego clearance is (reference Flanders garage sale when he was near bankrupt from the Leftorium)

Edit to add the sarcasm part.

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 1

Select how you'll be paid -> Add or Remove Options -> Require immediate payment through PayPal when a buyer uses Buy It Now

I was always looking for this "add or remove options", but only after stumbling over this tiny link at the top where nobody really looks called "switch to advanced interface" it is right in my face. Thanks! The simple interface doesn't even give you the option, nor was I aware of an "advanced interface". Many thanks again!

I'm sorry to hear that, especially around Christmas.

On a sarcastic note, let me know when the Lego clearance is (reference Flanders garage sale when he was near bankrupt from the Leftorium)

Edit to add the sarcasm part.

Lol no way jose. I'm out now deciding on picking up a tantive iv NISB or not to make myself feel better.

I had a line on a falling water but it looks to be gone.

Edit: replied inside quote.

Edited by speedsausage

I'm about to go postal on this one particular post office...

They are still holding two old (SW / IJ) sets hostage from late September that I had to bring in for proof of damage on insurance claims because they got crunched.

The manager has some conspiracy theory about me damaging them myself since it appears to her that I waited a long time before filing the claims. Turns out she never even submitted the paperwork the first time, yet blames me for all the delays and problems.

Today I went in to drop off a package that I had slapped a $10 eBay/USPS label on without realizing I had to use a little bigger heavier box and crossed the next weight threshold. Of course she weighs the package and I need to pay more - that's fine. But she asks what I paid already, and I say I can't tell her exactly because I don't have the info on me. This seems to stupify her, but finally she gets the idea and says "I'll figure it out". About three minutes, a dozen measurements (WHY DO THEY DO THIS ON BOXES THAT DO NOT EVEN APPROACH THE GIRTH LIMIT???), and 18000 keystrokes later, she wants $33 from me.

I just told her that was ridiculous, grabbed my package, walked out past the line of 20 people, and announced I would go home and change the label myself for 2 bucks or less while she urgently reminded me I had to "do the measurements", etc. etc.

I swear.

I'm about to go postal on this one particular post office...

They are still holding two old (SW / IJ) sets hostage from late September that I had to bring in for proof of damage on insurance claims because they got crunched.

The manager has some conspiracy theory about me damaging them myself since it appears to her that I waited a long time before filing the claims. Turns out she never even submitted the paperwork the first time, yet blames me for all the delays and problems.

Today I went in to drop off a package that I had slapped a $10 eBay/USPS label on without realizing I had to use a little bigger heavier box and crossed the next weight threshold. Of course she weighs the package and I need to pay more - that's fine. But she asks what I paid already, and I say I can't tell her exactly because I don't have the info on me. This seems to stupify her, but finally she gets the idea and says "I'll figure it out". About three minutes, a dozen measurements (WHY DO THEY DO THIS ON BOXES THAT DO NOT EVEN APPROACH THE GIRTH LIMIT???), and 18000 keystrokes later, she wants $33 from me.

I just told her that was ridiculous, grabbed my package, walked out past the line of 20 people, and announced I would go home and change the label myself for 2 bucks or less while she urgently reminded me I had to "do the measurements", etc. etc.

I swear.

I hate the post office. Long lines and counter reps on a power trip. This is why I ship through FedEx now. Short/no lines and friendlier reps.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I hate the post office. Long lines and counter reps on a power trip. This is why I ship through FedEx now. Short/no lines and friendlier reps.

I mostly use Collect+ where you pay with PayPal, print a sticker and drop it off to a convenience store 7-11.  No old ladies, benefit cheats or faffers in front of you.  My longest wait at a UK post office was 1hr 33min last year but, I did have 4 mailing sacks with over 30 items between them.  I've never been sworn at so much!

I mostly use Collect+ where you pay with PayPal, print a sticker and drop it off to a convenience store 7-11.  No old ladies, benefit cheats or faffers in front of you.  My longest wait at a UK post office was 1hr 33min last year but, I did have 4 mailing sacks with over 30 items between them.  I've never been sworn at so much!

And I thought me putting 10 items through the single counter village post office was bad :). They're politer in villages, you get pointed looks.

For larger items,I have started using MyHermes.

• Like 1

Fed-ex lost my package: Research Institute ordered from LEGO Shop at Home last week. Of course. Never had that happen before. Luckily I was able to order 2 from amazon this morning and the customer service at Lego was very nice, gave me an extra 100 VIP points along with my refund. I didn't press my luck asking for a replacement - from what the person said it sounds like there is a small reserve stock for this type of thing and if Amazon hadn't happened earlier I might have tried. End of the day not a big deal, just needed to vent....