Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Aside from one person I just feel. Kids made everyone's lives well less fun.

I know what you mean, but no - on the contrary. It's one of the things you can only really understand it when you actually are in that situation (having kids here). Kids are a pain, are expensive, mess with your sleep, your time and at some point even with the most sacred of all: your Lego; but they are totally worth it.

• Like 2

OK after these posts I feel I should way in on b and ******. I'm very civil and cool about being turned down if justified. As we all know tru is very random. Not cool.... Well b and ****** today made me mental and I may have had some choice words for a manager

I go to a b and ****** and try to buy a train set with coupon. Guy says it won't work as it excludes lego in toys and game section. I knew this but tried anyone for my own amusement. Np. So I have to buy an architecture set.

I get a falling water and attempt again. It dosnt go through. Manager and other cashier come be and push through. Manager jokes with me of how it used to be opposite. Very nice.

Manager gives me coupon back and says it's good through tomorrow which I knew and know-how there system works but I think her anyway.

I go to next Barnes and Noble where think eh why ever try it just get another falling water.

My cashier is manager. He is grumpy pants. I remember him from last year and being a dB about R2d2.

Anyway he turned me down I say the maker at other store said it's fine as this set is not in toys section as indicated on coupon. He says I see that but it's still lego. Without going on into detail he was very rude. I continue to be polite and say here is my receipt from other store and the dine print says it excludes their lego not these. He tells me so what it's a lego so I'm not pushing it through it dosnt matter what other store did.

Instead of hulk smashing him and going to jail I instilled fear by asking *** for his name and potion and asking him if he knew who I was.

I don't care about being told no. I just want a legit reason or policy. Why can I go to 5 Barnes and nobles and use a couple but one store says no.... Not cool.

OK after these posts I feel I should way in on b and ******. I'm very civil and cool about being turned down if justified. As we all know tru is very random. Not cool.... Well b and ****** today made me mental and I may have had some choice words for a manager

I go to a b and ****** and try to buy a train set with coupon. Guy says it won't work as it excludes lego in toys and game section. I knew this but tried anyone for my own amusement. Np. So I have to buy an architecture set.

I get a falling water and attempt again. It dosnt go through. Manager and other cashier come be and push through. Manager jokes with me of how it used to be opposite. Very nice.

Manager gives me coupon back and says it's good through tomorrow which I knew and know-how there system works but I think her anyway.

I go to next Barnes and Noble where think eh why ever try it just get another falling water.

My cashier is manager. He is grumpy pants. I remember him from last year and being a dB about R2d2.

Anyway he turned me down I say the maker at other store said it's fine as this set is not in toys section as indicated on coupon. He says I see that but it's still lego. Without going on into detail he was very rude. I continue to be polite and say here is my receipt from other store and the dine print says it excludes their lego not these. He tells me so what it's a lego so I'm not pushing it through it dosnt matter what other store did.

Instead of hulk smashing him and going to jail I instilled fear by asking *** for his name and potion and asking him if he knew who I was.

I don't care about being told no. I just want a legit reason or policy. Why can I go to 5 Barnes and nobles and use a couple but one store says no.... Not cool.

Yea I don't care too much for each store having different policy, or different prices at that.

Sure each store has its own financials, but at the end of the day we are buying from 1 company.  Whatever that company wants to sell the item for should be what the item costs the consumers.  

Wal mart $17 Billion profit last year....seriously 17 wow.

Target $1.7 Billion

TRU $1 Billion loss apparently.. LOL they said forget about paying taxes we are claiming a fat loss.

$17 Billion and your trying to tell me you can't give me the online price or the price of the wal mart 15 minutes up the road.

No reason I should have to drive to the next wal mart to get a cheaper price on the same exact item.  

Yea I don't care too much for each store having different policy, or different prices at that.

Sure each store has its own financials, but at the end of the day we are buying from 1 company. Whatever that company wants to sell the item for should be what the item costs the consumers.

Wal mart $17 Billion profit last year....seriously 17 wow.

Target $1.7 Billion

TRU $1 Billion loss apparently.. LOL they said forget about paying taxes we are claiming a fat loss.

$17 Billion and your trying to tell me you can't give me the online price or the price of the wal mart 15 minutes up the road.

No reason I should have to drive to the next wal mart to get a cheaper price on the same exact item.

I tried price matching target with target.com at several locations this past summer. Every store seemed to have a different price match policy.

It doesn't bother me, but maybe I'm used to "consistently inconsistent" due to being a bureaucrat.

Edited by minicoopers11

After a spending an hour troubleshooting, I realized my PC could not be rebooted due to corrupted boot file.  I decided to re-install Windows but could not find my installation or recovery discs.  After spending more time looking for those discs than troubleshooting the PC, I still could not find those darn discs :(

After a spending an hour troubleshooting, I realized my PC could not be rebooted due to corrupted boot file. I decided to re-install Windows but could not find my installation or recovery discs. After spending more time looking for those discs than troubleshooting the PC, I still could not find those darn discs :(

did U try to pull the hd, put in an enclosure, connect to another PC and try reindexing and repair boot sector first? Edited by supergtp1
  • Like 1

After a spending an hour troubleshooting, I realized my PC could not be rebooted due to corrupted boot file.  I decided to re-install Windows but could not find my installation or recovery discs.  After spending more time looking for those discs than troubleshooting the PC, I still could not find those darn discs :(

Are you sure the boot sector is corrupted?  I was getting MBR errors for a while, and tried rebuilding the boot sector, which didn't help.  I popped open my case and found that the HD cable was loose.  I replaced it with a new cable and everything works great now.  Sometimes those random boot errors are due to cable issues.  It's worth checking out.

• Like 1

Snow Glow Elsa....we hates her.  My wife's ex-husband sent my stepdaughter home last weekend with this monstrosity.  Most. annoying. toy. ever.  I swear he bought it for her to annoy us, he usually doesn't let the kids bring any of their gifts to our house but he let her bring this one and another extremely annoying loud toy.  I'm sure this doll will bring profits to many here, but parents eardrums will be bleeding everywhere on Christmas Day.

Tire kickers... You know, the ones who reply to a local for sale advert "Do you still have this?" as if we're all too dumb to delete ads after they've been sold. Then you politely reply "Why yes I do!" and they come back offering you 50% of your asking price.

Grr... pony up people, it's Xmas and I've got a winter holiday to pay for!! :)

Tire kickers... You know, the ones who reply to a local for sale advert "Do you still have this?" as if we're all too dumb to delete ads after they've been sold. Then you politely reply "Why yes I do!" and they come back offering you 50% of your asking price.

I totally hear you on the second part but in my area (a large metro area) many people do not remove the add once it's sold. Call it lazy or whatever but my assumption is that they don't care anymore once they have the money.

Found out today my Pit Lily blew out her ACL yesterday while we were at the beach. I was hoping for a sprained foot or similar. Poor girl. So some more of my Lego must go to cover the $2000+ it's going to cost to fix her up.

Sorry to hear this. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Found out today my Pit Lily blew out her ACL yesterday while we were at the beach. I was hoping for a sprained foot or similar. Poor girl. So some more of my Lego must go to cover the $2000+ it's going to cost to fix her up.

She's beautiful. A couple weeks ago my big boy didn't seem right. I could tell he was having breathing difficulties but was hesitant on bringing him to the vet. (A couple years ago he puked a number of times in a short period and it ended up being nothing but a large vet bill). My mom said he's fine but if I'm worried to take him. His vet had just closed so I took him to the pet emergency room. I was so embarrassed because he was acting his silly self but a bit subdue. 3 hours later and many tests they sent me home without my dog. They wanted to keep an eye on him because he had pneumonia. I caught it very early on but it took 2 doses of medications, a handful of xrays, and sedation. We now have pet insurance for him.

I know I'd do anything for my dog. He is my best friend and always been there through the tough times. He also slightly let's me practice my nursing skills on him. Just graduated nursing school and looking for a job. He has been my best patient ever. And also the only one I know to gain weight when diagnosed with pneumonia.

• Like 1

I always ask if they still have it when I call. Most common responses are "Yes, you can come get it now!" and "Yes, but someone already called. I'll call you if that falls through."

Went to TRU tonight and had my first bed experience there. Total mess. The new temp staff were not trained very well a- but they were doing their best which I respect - but none of the managers would help them out. I have never seen anything like it. I was trying to use the 15% off along with my $5 coupon for the "gift" app when purchasing the amazon gift cards yesterday. The poor guy at the counter did not have the authorization to do part of the transaction and the line just grew and grew while he flagged down 2 different managers who each said they were going on break find someone else to do it. Unreal. Finally I gave up, I felt bad for the cashier and for causing a huge line. I ended up going back later, wasn't able to stack all the coupons like I wanted but I did get Lego Architecture Big Ben for 23.50 including tax so not all bad I guess.

Two things:

1. To CC.Marley so sorry to hear about your dog, I hope for a speedy recovery.

2. My complaint is about my brain because it finally let me down. I had packages delivered and for the first time, I could honestly say "I don't remember ordering this." Stupid Lego.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 2

Two things:

1. To CC.Marley so sorry to hear about your dog, I hope for a speedy recovery.

2. My complaint is about my brain because it finally let me down. I had packages delivered and for the first time, I could honestly say "I don't remember ordering this." Stupid Lego.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Haha same. What set did you do this for? I did it for 29.99 Seaside houses via Amazon.

Also I found it odd that all my gundam bears shipped separate in same box.

I also found it odd the other day I got my mk2 cranes from Europe and yet I'm still waiting on a dvd and lego set that I purchased three days prior.

How do I get lego sets from half way around the world faster then a dvd coming 20 min from my house especially when the dvd was placed three days earlier.

I am not sure what it is about NYC buyers. Almost every single one insist on taking about what I paid for the items. And they always complain even when I sell below retail.

Haunted house: "can you sell at a lower price? I couldn't get it when it is available. I wanted it for my son. You only paid retail."

Creative tower: "you got it at Walmart for 30 right? Couldn't you sell a couple for cheaper? There is no Walmart around my area so I couldn't get it."

"you probably got it significantly cheaper. Why couldn't you help me out?"

"can you sell at eBay' price net of fees and shipping? "

Rant over.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I was born in ny, luckily I was moved out early in life. I have had no problem with the few ny buyers so far. tiss the season. has anyone had a "potential" buyer asking to use a walmart, target, or other coupon? or price matching? 

I was born in ny, luckily I was moved out early in life. I have had no problem with the few ny buyers so far. tiss the season. has anyone had a "potential" buyer asking to use a walmart, target, or other coupon? or price matching?

I did have someone want to price match, but it went to auto decline so I didn't see it until about a week later.