Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Guest betsy805

Putting together a couple sets from the last used lot I bought, and getting a missing pieces list going.  Indiana Jones, Temple Escape, missing a light gray ball.....$25 to replace??!!!!  What's worse.... I think I threw it away as I was sorting random crap from the LEGO.  Didn't even occur to me that the stupid thing wasn't just another random toy thrown in the lot.  

Putting together a couple sets from the last used lot I bought, and getting a missing pieces list going.  Indiana Jones, Temple Escape, missing a light gray ball.....$25 to replace??!!!!  What's worse.... I think I threw it away as I was sorting random crap from the LEGO.  Didn't even occur to me that the stupid thing wasn't just another random toy thrown in the lot.  

Heh, yep.  The one key piece to that set when buying used.

Putting together a couple sets from the last used lot I bought, and getting a missing pieces list going. Indiana Jones, Temple Escape, missing a light gray ball.....$25 to replace??!!!! What's worse.... I think I threw it away as I was sorting random crap from the LEGO. Didn't even occur to me that the stupid thing wasn't just another random toy thrown in the lot.

Did the same thing 6 months ago. I have no problem spending extra money on bricklink to complete sets but $25 for that ball is ridiculous!

One of the first bulk lots I bought I tossed the head from the creature in 7255. Oops. Now everything that I don't think is Lego goes in a box to be tossed out when I am done.

I'd rather watch Sliders. :blum:

Well, once the

Professor

dies and the whole interdimensional invasion f-tard begins, then what are you going to do ? :P :P :P

With DS9 you have rather solid continuity, engaging storyline, and they show most of the space battles in the wars.

At least go watch Babylon 5 and figure out why Sheldon(BBT) hates it so much :D

• Like 1

I'll just say this much. I am so not a Trekkie by any stretch of the conceivable imagination. I still seem to be the only person to remember let alone watched Stargate (film & TV series') and Farscape.

I liked the episode of SG-1 where they were borrowing from random Sci-Fi shows. When they got to Farscape they were like "I don't know that one"

Well, once the

Professor

dies and the whole interdimensional invasion f-tard begins, then what are you going to do ? :P :P :P

With DS9 you have rather solid continuity, engaging storyline, and they show most of the space battles in the wars.

At least go watch Babylon 5 and figure out why Sheldon(BBT) hates it so much :D

I'm on a slow B5 rewatch at the mo. bought the DVDs 10 years ago and only getting around to it now.

LOL this must be the Indy day. Have exactly same problem.  Only thing missing is this stupid ball.  I just bought dark gray for 9 bucks and  put it up on ebay as 100% complete with minor flaw :).  I can get minifig getting expensive but this silly round thing is just nuts. 

Just bought some pieces from bricklink.  Parts came in yesterday.  Get ready to sit down and finish the Queen Ann which was missing 2 pieces.  Pull out the 2 missing pieces from their bags and noticed they are the wrong length :hmm:

Seller gave me 1 x 6 instead of 1 x 8.  Now I have to wait to hear back from the seller then wait again to receive the correct parts (hoping they even do have the correct parts).  Was planning on finishing the ship this weekend.

Guest betsy805

LOL this must be the Indy day. Have exactly same problem.  Only thing missing is this stupid ball.  I just bought dark gray for 9 bucks and  put it up on ebay as 100% complete with minor flaw :).  I can get minifig getting expensive but this silly round thing is just nuts. 

I'm thinking about doing the same thing.  Good luck on your sale, let me know when you sell!  I'll hold mine till then :)

Guest betsy805

Just bought some pieces from bricklink.  Parts came in yesterday.  Get ready to sit down and finish the Queen Ann which was missing 2 pieces.  Pull out the 2 missing pieces from their bags and noticed they are the wrong length :hmm:

Seller gave me 1 x 6 instead of 1 x 8.  Now I have to wait to hear back from the seller then wait again to receive the correct parts (hoping they even do have the correct parts).  Was planning on finishing the ship this weekend.

Hate that too.  Love the ship though, just got done building/selling that one last week.  It's crazy how close the new/used values are on that one.

Yesterday, someone on CL listed two of the Winter Village pieces, the Market and the Cottage.  Listed them in separate posts.

I wrote them and told them I was interested in picking them both up, and ask (nicely), if they would consider a combined price $20 less than the two individual prices.

I was polite, and indicated that I had interest.  No email back.

Look - I've expressed interest.  I'm asking you for a small price reduction.  If you don't want to offer it to me at that price reduction, just write me back and tell me.  That's fine.  But don't go silent.  Even if they're already sold, don't go silent,  Just talk to me!

Yesterday, someone on CL listed two of the Winter Village pieces, the Market and the Cottage.  Listed them in separate posts.

I wrote them and told them I was interested in picking them both up, and ask (nicely), if they would consider a combined price $20 less than the two individual prices.

I was polite, and indicated that I had interest.  No email back.

Look - I've expressed interest.  I'm asking you for a small price reduction.  If you don't want to offer it to me at that price reduction, just write me back and tell me.  That's fine.  But don't go silent.  Even if they're already sold, don't go silent,  Just talk to me!

That has happened to me on several occasions too. I would write to the seller to inquire about a listing and even follow up with another email a day or two later and would get the silent treatment. To date, I would still see the same listings a few weeks later. Scam?