10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Only if the sets are on shelves!

Yes but who knows, if it's such a good seller and B&M stores need some space, it can be a LEGO Shop at Home exclusive... (another good way to promote the LEGO Shop at Home, what Lego is focused on)

Personally I think exclusives will always be retired to make way for new ones. Otherwise why retire TH, GE, R2, EEE, SSD etc? Of the two London stores I visit they've always stocked all available exclusives. In any line of business products are retired and replaced with new ones, Lego are no different. It keeps the brand interesting. 

1000th post  :victory:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lots of great sellers get retired.  Just look at the whole Harry Potter line!  T1 seems to be in its own little world, not unlike Tower Bridge and DS.  Of course, FB was once also in that group, and it is no more.  I do think each new large, licensed creator car model brings with it a 50% chance of T1 retirement.  The set won't be around forever, but I'm not claiming to have one of these top secret sources in the Lego executive suite who feed me tantalizing little tidbits of insider information, usually worded like something out of a fortune cookie...

but I'm not claiming to have one of these top secret sources in the Lego executive suite who feed me tantalizing little tidbits of insider information, usually worded like something out of a fortune cookie...

​You mean TLG executives don't look like this?

man-on-mountain-top.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^^ It will double 462 days after retirement. It will retire July 9th 2015.

​July 9th?  Come on man.  I don't know who your source is, but he's got terrible info.  According to the bugs I have planted all over Lego HQ, broadcasting direct to my satellite speakerphone, the T1 will retire precisely at 12:01 am on July 4, as an Independence Day gift for US resellers.  It will be replaced this Fall by the Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazzard.

• Like 3

​They're not permitted to use the Confederate Flag on the General Lee now, so that would be weird.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196122/Rumours-Confederate-flags-removal-Dukes-Hazzard-General-Lee-toys-sparks-online-firestorm.html

​If you read the whole story...  Warner Brothers claims the flag is there to stay, and there were never plans to remove it.  I have no doubt that someday they will though, just 'cause that's always how these things end.  Political correctness hasn't lost a battle yet.  I remember when they cancelled Speedy Gonzales 'cause someone complained that it made fun of Mexicans.  Of course, if you actually watched the cartoon, you would realize in about two minutes that it was the gringo cat who was an idiot, and the clever Mexican mouse who literally ran circles around him.  You can read the NY Times story about the 'controversy' here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/07/weekinreview/the-nation-adios-speedy-not-so-fast.html

Edit: According to my sources at Lego and Warner Brothers, while the UCS General Lee will include the Confederate flag as an optional decal available for purchase by Lego buyers 18 years of age and older, the show itself will be reaired under the name Dukes of Safety, so as to send a more constructive message to viewers.  The General Lee will never be seen speeding, and will come to a full stop at every stop sign.

Edited by GhostDad

• 4 weeks later...

If you read the whole story...  Warner Brothers claims the flag is there to stay, and there were never plans to remove it.  I have no doubt that someday they will though, just 'cause that's always how these things end.  Political correctness hasn't lost a battle yet.  I remember when they cancelled Speedy Gonzales 'cause someone complained that it made fun of Mexicans.  Of course, if you actually watched the cartoon, you would realize in about two minutes that it was the gringo cat who was an idiot, and the clever Mexican mouse who literally ran circles around him.  You can read the NY Times story about the 'controversy' here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/07/weekinreview/the-nation-adios-speedy-not-so-fast.html

Edit: According to my sources at Lego and Warner Brothers, while the UCS General Lee will include the Confederate flag as an optional decal available for purchase by Lego buyers 18 years of age and older, the show itself will be reaired under the name Dukes of Safety, so as to send a more constructive message to viewers.  The General Lee will never be seen speeding, and will come to a full stop at every stop sign.

No way the confederate flag is on anything lego after this week. just saying'. 

• Like 1

daisy duke - i just fell in love all over again.  not sure how a German minibus thread segued into a discussion of race relations in the US and its impact on Confederate-themed products but I am really re-appreciating Daisy Duke in that picture.  i'd like to take a drive up PCH with Daisy Duke in a T1 .  Ok - now we're back on track.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yes, this is out of stock but what's this drop-down box?

They just have a crappy IT team... it's says it's the SKU selector so somebody obviously messed up and put in a second SKU (box redesign? :devil:). Not sure I've ever seen a LEGO set page with options. I wonder if it's for something like Tshirt sizes?

• Like 3

The one thing that gives me hope is that it's now RRP on Toysrus.com.

That is true, but it was only bumped to $149.99 a couple months ago.  So did they think it was going to be gone and raised the price, and now are lowering it because its available again? or do they now just want to drop inventory?  or did some one just screw up, since FAO was still at $119.99...