10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Guest TabbyBoy

We never know, it can go as quickly as the HH and we expected that to be around for a while.  I have 22 Camper Vans (and 22 Coast Guard Patrols at

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll never understand how one can invest in LEGO and not keep track of what they buy... Nothing beats a decent excel file.

My whole life is on Excel, handy for tax returns.

I'll never understand how one can invest in LEGO and not keep track of what they buy... Nothing beats a decent excel file.

When you have a large inventory, I can forget to add a couple sets to my Brickfolio and excel speadsheet. This usually happens when I need to enter a lot of sets into my Brickfolio at one time.

• Like 1

^ when you buy 1000s of sets a year from a dozen or so sources it is easy to miss a few. My best "lost inventory" was two GG miss labled. That was a nice surprise.

I don't buy that much and I still misplace a couple sets a year. My best find was a couple $50 sets that I put away in a different place from where all the other sets were. Not as good as your find.

• Like 1

If you are a reseller, 1 year after EOL, I agree. What I meant  was why are these  not selling out immediately? Previous batches were snapped up in minutes even at 99 euros a time.

Resellers think it will go on for another year so are looking at other models, perhaps???

Edited by valenciaeric

If you are a reseller, 1 year after EOL, I agree. What I meant was why are these not selling out immediately? Previous batches were snapped up in minutes even at 99 euros a time.

Resellers think it will go on for another year so are looking at other models, perhaps???

Or perhaps we loaded up when we got a 40 dollar promo with it and double Vip and some stupid fire bike and a space guy promo .... Putting cost at around 60 bucks.... Edited by hxckid88

I think this is maybe the most hoarded set of lego at the moment.

Long life span, lots of love from investors, plenty of 2xVIP and promo periods to stock up, and a cheaper price point than modulars or most/all SW UCS sets. I was being conservative in my projections for growth before, but if this makes it through the holiday season without retiring, my projections will fall even lower. Not saying you won't make money, but everyday this is available and being purchased is hurting. I'd actually rather have a KJ at this point, at least my reselling competition will be low (assuming it is on its last legs now).

Or perhaps we loaded up when we got a 40 dollar promo with it and double Vip and some stupid fire bike and a space guy promo .... Putting cost at around 60 bucks....

I'm struggling to net $30 after fees for my polys.

But yeah, that was a good time to load up on the T1s. It was September though, so no double VIP.

$120 - $13 (spaceman) - $30 (T1 poly) - $0 (Worriz fire bike) - $6 VIP points + $9 (tax) = $80 (for me). Not $60, but still pretty good.

I heard the polybag was still available in October (at least the earlier weeks), but then you didn't have the spaceman.

I'm struggling to net $30 after fees for my polys.

But yeah, that was a good time to load up on the T1s. It was September though, so no double VIP.

$120 - $13 (spaceman) - $30 (T1 poly) - $0 (Worriz fire bike) - $6 VIP points + $9 (tax) = $80 (for me). Not $60, but still pretty good.

I heard the polybag was still available in October (at least the earlier weeks), but then you didn't have the spaceman.

Why are you selling your T1 Polys? They should have no problem going right back to $50+ in no time at all.

• Like 4