10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Any update?

I ordered yesterday from Canada LEGO Shop at Home and it shipped out this morning from MS.

Ya I phoned Lego, I changed my address to include a Box # (I recently got a new one) and the girl on the phone said that their system doesn`t liek it because they don`t ship to PO Boxes in Canada. She said the status should change within 24-48 hours (we removed the PO Box from the address). So, no ban for me, not yet at least haha. 

• Like 2

sure. how long have you been doing this?

it may not be impossible for/during the short term. but these large resellers have been around for years and they have been doing it consistently. so coming back to your enunciation yes its possible but i don't think they are doing that.

i am sure they have better efficient mechanism of achieving it.

if they look hard enough sooner or later every single of these account will be in radar.

I don't normally get this many promos during a month, but I've been investing since 2010.

Ya I phoned Lego, I changed my address to include a Box # (I recently got a new one) and the girl on the phone said that their system doesn`t liek it because they don`t ship to PO Boxes in Canada. She said the status should change within 24-48 hours (we removed the PO Box from the address). So, no ban for me, not yet at least haha.

Congratulations and I'm sorry, please return your banhammer on the way out. (:

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

sure. how long have you been doing this?

it may not be impossible for/during the short term. but these large resellers have been around for years and they have been doing it consistently. so coming back to your enunciation yes its possible but i don't think they are doing that.

i am sure they have better efficient mechanism of achieving it.

if they look hard enough sooner or later every single of these account will be in radar.

Some of us have friends in high places.

I don't normally get this many promos during a month, but I've been investing since 2010.

great.

even with 5 different accounts that 4 orders/account/month. @ the minimum now its $5000 order/year/account. with median family income of $60,000/year. that's already 8% of income on LEGO.

i am very skeptical that if anyone continues this for long they would not get noticed.

TLG spends lot of money on advertising and product development. so they do have access to tons of data with regard to their audience.

but again lot of people in your zip-code must be buying it hence its all honky dorey.

great.

even with 5 different accounts that 4 orders/account/month. @ the minimum now its $5000 order/year/account. with median family income of $60,000/year. that's already 8% of income on LEGO.

i am very skeptical that if anyone continues this for long they would not get noticed.

TLG spends lot of money on advertising and product development. so they do have access to tons of data with regard to their audience.

but again lot of people in your zip-code must be buying it hence its all honky dorey.

But you are not including in that income the other income from selling all the sets he previously invested in that he is using to fund more sets.

great.

I understand that it is completely unsustainable. This month was a little atypical for me. I normally only get about 5 of the promos each month.

great.

They did get noticed. Hence the bans and the reason promo items last through the month instead of 5-10 days. $60k is not alot to spend on lego per year when you are running a full time operation.

I would probably sell as soon as possible in order to avoid the inevitable price decline. I have no idea how much the price will fall, but it will surely be affected some.

Maybe this reignites the interest in this set and when it "retires" again it gets an even bigger bump and just gives us that much more time where the set is still relevant in the minds of buyers?

I should have been clearer. I would either sell right away, or be prepared to wait an extra year or so. It easily could regain any lost ground price-wise. Personally, if I could get $35-40 for each polybag, I would sell. This mini set isn't really being advertised by LEGO so it's hard to know how many new customers are seeing it. Somebody would already have to be interested in the full size one enough to add it to their cart in order to see this promo.

• Like 1

I wonder how much this will affect the price of the mini T1, they were starting to sell into the $40+ range.

Only two new listings for the 40079 mini T1 Polybag today that I saw. I was thinking some may start to sell before this next round arrives. It will be interesting to see if these are a new run or old stock. The codes from the first batch were 26R3 I think.

Hopefully LEGO just found a bunch of cases in a warehouse or something (and they will be gone quick) - Otherwise, this is pretty outrageous.

Do we know when the 40079 become available again? What was the earliest anyone reported seeing it?

Edited by KShine

great.

Try running 30 accounts.