10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

I am wondering if they always planned to do this on the 15th. The Spaceman WAS supposed to end on the 14th after all.

not sure what they are trying to move.

a. the chima polybag

b. VW T1 camper

c. mini VW T1 camper

d. spaceman promo

i would go for its either the (a) or (d). not sure which one.

we know VW T1 camper is/has been a great seller. so, in my opinion (B) and © may not be the real reason unless they want to flood the market with © to bring the secondary price down and renew interest on the big camper.

they are only including this with the T1 camper and not other sets.

Doesn't mean there is a conspiracy or deeper meaning to why they showed up or why they are being sold with only the T1.  They found a big box of them, warehouse guy says "what do we do with these" to manager, manager asks his boss, boss says "just add them to any T1 orders"

If freebies were always linked to poor selling sets, or sets they wanted to get rid of, we'd be inundated with Chima and Galaxy Squad polybags.

Doesn't mean there is a conspiracy or deeper meaning to why they showed up or why they are being sold with only the T1.  They found a big box of them, warehouse guy says "what do we do with these" to manager, manager asks his boss, boss says "just add them to any T1 orders"

If freebies were always linked to poor selling sets, or sets they wanted to get rid of, we'd be inundated with Chima and Galaxy Squad polybags.

Poor selling ? The speedorz sets I got free from $99 B-Wing were sold for $20 shipped a couple of weeks after I got them. :money: The so called exclusive Hoth Han polys still occupy a spot on my eBay store to this day. :( Edited by Darth_Raichu

Poor selling ? The speedorz sets I got free from $99 B-Wing were sold for $20 shipped a couple of weeks after I got them. :money: The so called exclusive Hoth Han polys still occupy a spot on my eBay store to this day. :(

My Hoth Hans sold for $13.95 each earlier this Summer, so I didn't feel bad about that.

Don't knock the Chima sets.  LEGO has put a lot of effort in to these sets and the new display at Target is pretty cool.  Also, who has proof of what LEGO sells?  Maybe the Chima sets sell better than most.  My son likes them, so did a couple of kids in the LEGO isle that were buying sets the day I was in Target.  

• Like 1

Don't knock the Chima sets.  LEGO has put a lot of effort in to these sets and the new display at Target is pretty cool.  Also, who has proof of what LEGO sells?  Maybe the Chima sets sell better than most.  My son likes them, so did a couple of kids in the LEGO isle that were buying sets the day I was in Target.

Ed,

Your comment reminds me of one of my favorite movie series Indiana Jones. People that love Indy that do not like the 4th film say the "Trilogy and that other thing."

Of course I love all 4. But paralleled to Lego I'll say Lego Star Wars, City, Ideas, Super Heroes and that other thing.

I know some like Chima but I just do not like it at all.

Though I sold several posters from kidsfest of laval that I stacked up free for $20 each on ebay a year later.

All the kids around our area love Chima. The problem I see with Chim is that a lot of the Chima sets fall outside the "sweet spot" for birthday gifts to other kids ($20-$25). I've been in the Lego aisle a number of times and it seems the birthday buyers are drawn to the current super hero sets instead (and sometimes Ninjago but it too has a lack of smaller sets).

For the future, I just don't see parents shelling out the big bucks for some of the sets like they would for the T1. If you get them at a good discount, maybe. MSRP will be much tougher.

I let my kids have all the non-duplicate Chima poly's.

Poor selling ? The speedorz sets I got free from $99 B-Wing were sold for $20 shipped a couple of weeks after I got them. :money: The so called exclusive Hoth Han polys still occupy a spot on my eBay store to this day. :(

I'm not saying the polybag itself is poor selling, I'm saying that you can't derive anything from sales by what polybags are given away.  The conspiracy theorists think that a batch of mini T1's showed up to boost sales of the Camper, and I'm calling their bluff by saying that if this was the case, you would see Galaxy Squad and Chima polybags in your checkout all the time since they blow compared to other lines that don't need help selling like Star Wars and SuperHeroes. 

• Like 1

Don't knock the Chima sets. LEGO has put a lot of effort in to these sets and the new display at Target is pretty cool. Also, who has proof of what LEGO sells? Maybe the Chima sets sell better than most. My son likes them, so did a couple of kids in the LEGO isle that were buying sets the day I was in Target.

Saw that today...u think that maxifig mungus or whatever is a winner? He seems to be getting 30+