10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

This one is similar to the MF IMO, if you can get one new for less than MSRP then you will be just fine on EOL. However paying full price means joining a LONG queue of people who will have to wait to turn a decent enough profit to make it worthwhile. True, there is less probability of it being remade than the MF but on the other hand the VW has less merchandising clout than the SW franchise and once it goes beyond a certain price point there are plenty of other alternatives like scale model kits.

This one is similar to the MF IMO, if you can get one new for less than MSRP then you will be just fine on EOL. However paying full price means joining a LONG queue of people who will have to wait to turn a decent enough profit to make it worthwhile. True, there is less probability of it being remade than the MF but on the other hand the VW has less merchandising clout than the SW franchise and once it goes beyond a certain price point there are plenty of other alternatives like scale model kits.

I'm going to flat out disagree with you. Inflated eBay prices tell me when production is done secondary BIN sales will skyrocket. Fire Brigade prices doubled within 3 months, and that was heavily stockpiled. Maybe demand will differ depending on location but I'm convinced this is a big time money maker in the UK.

• Like 3

If you think my, "If you know what your doing" comment was meant to be nasty you shouldn't but to be frank it doesn't matter to me how you take it. Just fyi, in the future I haze zero interest in insulting anybody on here nor will I get my panties in a wad for somebody else's comment. However, I will reserve the right to make a smart comment on the occassion. :) What I meant by the "if you know what your doing comment" is if you stack discounted gifts cards with promos you should get it below msrp. I made that comment because I was hoping to just make a brief comment and not give a play by play on how to do it. If I had any idea it would've turned into Steel Magnolias in here I wouldn't have talked a little slower in my last post Have I paid msrp for this item, yes but I've also got this discounted too. I was just commenting on a post.

• Like 1

If you think my, "If you know what your doing" comment was meant to be nasty you shouldn't but to be frank it doesn't matter to me how you take it. Just fyi, in the future I haze zero interest in insulting anybody on here nor will I get my panties in a wad for somebody else's comment. However, I will reserve the right to make a smart comment on the occassion. :) What I meant by the "if you know what your doing comment" is if you stack discounted gifts cards with promos you should get it below msrp. I made that comment because I was hoping to just make a brief comment and not give a play by play on how to do it. If I had any idea it would've turned into Steel Magnolias in here I wouldn't have talked a little slower in my last post Have I paid msrp for this item, yes but I've also got this discounted too. I was just commenting on a post.

Steve, would mind sharing the math to get it with 20% off? Discounted TRU gc is not widely available. Or are you referring to double vip+free promo from LEGO Shop at Home? Thanks.

yeah the Steel Magnolias reference = instant bonus points. Well played Steve... well played.

Future Cuuosoo Ideas: Steel Magnolias, Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes. Any one of these sets would offer sizzling returns from the crowd at my local bingo parlor.

Edited by Cross

yeah the Steel Magnolias reference = instant bonus points. Well played Steve... well played.

Future Cuuosoo Ideas: Steel Magnolias, Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Fried Green Tomatoes. Any one of these sets would offer sizzling returns from the crowd at my local bingo parlor.

Lego brand bingo dabbers are a must.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lego brand bingo dabbers are a must.

I have been buying these up over the last 6 months and everytime I show a friend of mine in the 30-40 age range, they are blown away that this exists. I know we all talk about how many of this set has been made but there are still thousands if not millions of people that don't follow Lego and will be kicking themselves years down the road.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...