10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

• 1 month later...

I would be very surprised if the T1 Camper didn't reach 250-$300 18 months after it retired.  It will only increase in price too because this is the first set in the theme.  As for the Mini Cooper, I will not touch them until after the T1 retires.  Double/triple your money with a retired camper and use those funds to buy 2X or 3X of the Mini Coopers.  Do the same thing when you sell your R2's and pick up Slave 1 or Ewok Village.  I like really like the Detective's office too but I'm not touching that for another 18 months.

I have the money available now for 1 of either of them to build for myself.  Will be waiting until jan 1st before buying though so that I can get the freebie (assuming the UK has the same offers as the US does)

Have to say though that I am tempted to add extra money and just go for the Slave 1 instead

I would be very surprised if the T1 Camper didn't reach 250-$300 18 months after it retired.  It will only increase in price too because this is the first set in the theme.  As for the Mini Cooper, I will not touch them until after the T1 retires.  Double/triple your money with a retired camper and use those funds to buy 2X or 3X of the Mini Coopers.  Do the same thing when you sell your R2's and pick up Slave 1 or Ewok Village.  I like really like the Detective's office too but I'm not touching that for another 18 months.

VW Beetle 10187.

• Like 2

It might not be smart to assume the T1 will retire BEFORE the Mini. 2014 was very instructive.

This is the truth.  I think people need to realize that LEGO's earlier method of first produced, first retired has possibly morphed into a more performance based system.  The popular sets will stay, the slow and poor sellers will go.  We have seen a lot of retirements in the past year and will probably see more in the the next six months, but once LEGO clears out the slower sellers and sets past their prime, we might not see another massive run of retirements for a long time.  

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd be very surprised if 10220 retires before 2016.  I notice that John Lewis sell all those on the shelf within days and are soon replenished to sell again.  Lego underestimated 10187 and won't make the same mistake.  However, there will be MASS HYSTERIA once EOL is rumoured for 10220.

The nature of this set alone should confirm we have no idea when it will retire.

What's with all the rush, man?

Life is short man... take in all the beauty of it. All of it. It's in everything, everywhere. What is the point of Wars anyway? I don't get it, man. Have you ever liked, looked at a flower or a tree and realized you are actually looking at God?

I wish people would look at flowers and trees instead of fight wars. Also, milkshakes are very tasty and I wish everyone could have one whenever they wanted one.

Who cares when this puppy retires, when we still live in a world with tie-dye, hemp necklaces, and the International House of Pancakes? We should all be following Phish around the Country in this van while listening to Joplin and The ***'Dead.

You all chase your "ROI" with this set... I will be chasing nirvana and harmony in my Camper Van.

Peace and love my Brothers and Sisters.

Peace and Love.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 1

The nature of this set alone should confirm we have no idea when it will retire.

What's with all the rush, man?

Life is short man... take in all the beauty of it. All of it. It's in everything, everywhere. What is the point of Wars anyway? I don't get it, man. Have you ever liked, looked at a flower or a tree and realized you are actually looking at God?

I wish people would look at flowers and trees instead of fight wars. Also, milkshakes are very tasty and I wish everyone could have one whenever they wanted one.

Who cares when this puppy retires, when we still live in a world with tie-dye, hemp necklaces, and the International House of Pancakes? We should all be following Phish around the Country in this van while listening to Joplin and The ***'Dead.

You all chase your "ROI" with this set... I will be chasing nirvana and harmony in my Camper Van.

Peace and love my Brothers and Sisters.

Peace and Love.

Ummm what u be smoking son?

:)

• Like 4